Widget Imageare any of the bandmembers interested in medical cannabis | Ask the Band | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
are any of the bandmembers interested in medical cannabis
December 30, 2013
3:46 pm
oldtoby
Forum Posts: 4
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

my name is mathew gordon you can look me up on google as the old toby medical cannabis strain creator,this amazing plant,is making world news for its anti inflamitory properties,its a miracle for arthritis and bursitis ,i couldnt play guitar from the swelling and pain,till i created this new plant that treats pain,arthritis,improves memmory and cognative function,,with no cannabis groggy,or paranoid, side efects at all. if canabis hasent been an option for you in the past because of the mental confusion and other negative side effects,now you can try this alternative to medical marijuana,free for all moodies,ill come to you with the samples,and we can take it from there.

December 30, 2013
3:52 pm
oldtoby

my name is mathew gordon.old toby strain creator,if you wish to contact me my e mail adress is mathewgordon420@gmail.com

December 30, 2013
7:30 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

I think Ray just mailed Mike a green card.............. LaughLaugh there was a photo of it on Mike's FB feed. I about split a gut laughing...............

We are all legal here in my state now. I'd email you but I don't know you....and my mother taught me to never talk to strangers, especially those peddling weed. Wink I was actually thinking of asking my doctor for a prescription so I can sleep better. That's really all it does for me. But sleep is VERY good.

The bad news is, if you take cannibus, get to sleep well, sometimes you sleep walk and eat without knowing it, which messes up your diet and your triglycerides then shoot up...

January 3, 2014
8:19 pm
jen
Forum Posts: 44

What a ridiculous post to begin with.
Any singer with any brains would not smoke ANYTHING. The destruction of lung and throat function would be detrimental to their career.
Justin himself in a interview several years ago at Highland Park ( I was there) mentioned he quit smoking more than twenty years ago.
Just plain ridiculous....

January 9, 2014
4:07 am
oldtoby

lunazure said

I think Ray just mailed Mike a green card.............. LaughLaugh there was a photo of it on Mike's FB feed. I about split a gut laughing...............

We are all legal here in my state now. I'd email you but I don't know you....and my mother taught me to never talk to strangers, especially those peddling weed. Wink I was actually thinking of asking my doctor for a prescription so I can sleep better. That's really all it does for me. But sleep is VERY good.

The bad news is, if you take cannibus, get to sleep well, sometimes you sleep walk and eat without knowing it, which messes up your diet and your triglycerides then shoot up...

the exact plant that i"m "refering" too, (pun intended) is a newl."modified" version of cannabis that has absolutely none of the common side efects of normal marijuana,the exact oposite efects are reported,in other words it doesnt get you stoned. Also its prepared in an oil or edible form. so for justin,no smoking needed. MOST IMPORTANTLY IS BEING HAILED AS A MIRACLE TREATMENT FOR ARTHRITIS INFLAMATION AND MEMORY RESTORATION there is one side efect though,the old toby medical cannabis strain may cause a state of creative euphoria,and make you feel young again with no more CARPLETUNNEL from playing those blinding guitar god flurries justin does so efortlessly! 2014 marks my 30th year worshiping the moodies. Ive seen them five times,and there albums are TRUELY THE SOUNDTRACK OF MY LIFE. I see my heros strugleing with the challenges of age and want to share this MEDICAL FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH,and RELIEVE PAIN and INFLAMATION for my favorite band,PLEASE TAKE THIS SERIOUSAELY,Im a world known bottonist and medical strain creator,google mathewgordon old toby strain creator ,to cheak my credentials,thank you just trying to give back from the work of my life to the guys who made my life a more paradisical existance.and continue to edify my world wirh the BEAUTIFUL and ENLIGHTENING MUSIC and share all my love back to them. sincerly mathew gordon old toby strain creator

January 9, 2014
2:53 pm
moodyballetdancer
Forum Posts: 689

{{ insert shake head emoticon here }}

Wow! Oldtoby/mathew suddenly finds MBT on December 30th, joins and immediately starts peddling all in the same day. Three posts - all here and no where else. Similar to the spamming being done on FB where, once again - like FB, admin doesn't remove the spammer.

To twist up Pink Floyd - "Hello, is there anybody OUT there? Is there anyone at home?"

January 10, 2014
11:21 am
moodytoni2
Forum Posts: 3981

They shouldn't advertise such stuff on here--this is so outlandish that it is ridiculous!!

January 11, 2014
12:12 am
lunazure

Old Toby, methinks you're Sauruman in disguise. Perhaps you've wandered too far from the Southfarthing???

I always found it amazing that it was assumed that hobbits were smoking cannibus. It's plain from Tolkien's writing that he is referring to tobacco. But it was very cute to see how they handled it in the movies, anyway. ;)

It was nice of you to offer, but I think you've driven your weed barrels to the wrong duck pond. Cheers.

PS I suspect all the Moodies indulge (I personally know of a friend who gave one of them a joint, and it was well received, and whiffed), Justin lives in Monaco for a reason I'm sure, and if he doesn't smoke, there's always brownies! Laugh Justin has made quite plain commentary about various "substances" as have Mike and Gray, in interviews. And I've personally seen Justin sniffing the air when weed is fired up.... and wafts over the stage.

I see nothing wrong with it. STILL laughing over Mike getting that green card from Ray.........

January 17, 2014
11:29 am
moodytoni2

Marijuana use leads to harder illegal drugs, so why would anyone in their right mind would use it?? I think that this Toby uses it recreationally. I had a brother who started using it and it lead to harder drug use--he ended up passing away with heart problems, but I think hard drug use contributed to his early death--they affected his heart condition. Toby, you are entitled to your opinion but to try to push the use on anyone else is just plain bad.

January 19, 2014
11:53 am
lunazure

In a gentle tone, I say "BS" to the "it leads to harder drugs." Cannibus was incredibly ubiquitous in the 60s and 70s, and statistics show that most of those people did NOT go on to "harder drugs" whatever those might be.

If you want to say "People who enjoy getting stoned will continue to experiment with bigger and better things until they finally GROW UP" that might be more accurate.

The side effects of long term heavy alcohol use have also been medically proved to be more destructive to the human body than the long term use of cannibus. And of course, it depends on the individual and the amount.

In conclusion, Toni, I'd gently comment..... where did you get your information? (and what medical or psychiatric degree do you possess??) That propaganda isn't believed by any teens today, and most who went through the 60s finally understood that it was just that............ propaganda, and no one likes THAT.

Geeeeze plug yer brain in.

Digging deeper, maybe your brother had a reason to stay stoned all the time Surprised

AND having said that, I won't hang out with dedicated dopers because they are dirty people, and never do the dishes.

January 19, 2014
2:33 pm
moodyballetdancer
Forum Posts: 689

( tsk, tsk! )

January 20, 2014
10:34 am
moodytoni2

Oldtoby opened up a can of worms!!

January 20, 2014
11:56 am
lunazure

Go read a chapter of the *Shaman's Apprentice*, take two aspirins, and see a shrink in the morning. I've taken down my shingle.

People don't THINK. Cry

AH here we go! Our Fearless Leader also feels that marijuana is "harmless"............. but doesn't want his daughters smoking it either.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic.....n-alcohol/

January 21, 2014
2:15 am
misty meadow
Forum Posts: 6

oldtoby said

my name is mathew gordon.old toby strain creator,if you wish to contact me my e mail adress is mathewgordon420@gmail.com

i 'get ya' Matthew...a lot of people are not knowledgeable about medical cannabis- how it works- exactly what it is-about the oil , etc...it is totally legal and an amazing curative..which was used in past times all over the world before so many drugs were developed FOR PROFIT by pharmaceutical companies...it could not be patented for that and this is a huge part of the reason why it was made 'illegal'...it is not a hard drug that leads to use of others...in fact it is used to DETOX alcoholics from alcohol which is a FAR more destructive and LEGAL drug....we have a friend recently diagnosed with Lymphoma...we got her some medical cannabis and it might be her only hope...I will look into yours if we need more...and just for the record I am not a pot smoker- and this has nothing to do with recreational use of same...but i do hope this will encourage some to do their own research on it and get informed... Wink

oh..I would also like to add that Justin has said he smoked Hashish from age 16 till about 45...and he is not a drug addict nor smoking it any longer...THC is not addictive, anyway tho it is not even contained in most medical Cannabis...

January 22, 2014
10:48 am
lunazure

ANYTHING can be addictive!!! Again it depends on the person.

I see nothing wrong with cannabis being distributed responsibly. Sadly I rarely see that. I know I don't care for dirty homeless drifters with dreadlocks and the two seem to go together. Perhaps we should legalize pot, and tax it, and spend that money on rehab for the homeless. Gee what an idea!!!

It used to help me sleep, and it's yes very useful in various cancer settings. Otherwise I don't think it has that many "curative" properties. It does relax the mind and dulls the pain, with fewer side effects than many drugs prescribed, or alcohol. I know of no psychiatric uses for cannibus; it's a hallucinogen, and will make you imagine the Unreal (usually contraindicated in clinical settings). LSD and Peyote have been worked with clinically.... peyote is legal for Native Americans to use, we consider it a sacramental thing. (Never have gotten around to trying it tho).

I tell my students that weed makes you slow and lazy, and it does. You also pack on pounds from the munchies.

Came back to review this thread. Bonnie and Toni, if anything, I'd say you're wishing for some parental figure to come along and (tink) take care of it all for you.... ie wipe the thread. As mature adults, we should be able to deal with unpleasant realities (like people peddling weed on a Moodies discussion board) with normal, rational, well informed discussion. It's all about the learning curve. IMHO.

February 25, 2014
7:55 pm
oldtoby

hi my name is mathew gordon there is alot of misunderstanding coming from you FANS i resent the fact that you think im PUSHING DRUGGS i am merely trying to educate people. did i say anything about peddleing marijuanna to anyone? NO. i CREATED A NEW PLANT THAT HAS THE OPOSITE EFFECTS OF MANY OF THE EFFECTS OF POT. it is a miracle treatment for inflamation and many other maladies.IT DOESNT give you the munchies,or make you tyerd,or make you confused or paranoid. I am the bottonist in charge of a very very important breeding project to create medicines from plant products through specialized breeding. i want my moodies to get 10 years younger and make 10 more albums for me. im offering an alternative to suffering thats all, no marijuanna at all pot is bad to just take any old strain any old way. im talking about a treatment of spacific extracted ballanced canabinoids,removed are the poisons that cause intoxicating effects.this chemical combination is esential to help activate the periferial nervouse system and provide optimal health bennifits to our hereos, DO YoU KNOW WHAT A CBG trans dermal patch is? it helps so people can play guitar faster longer and more often without pain. I DIDDNT KNOW ANYONE LOVED THE MOODY BLUES AS MUCH AS I DO THAT DIDDNT DO ACID OR SHROOMS EVERY TIME THEY SEE THEM OR THE FIRST TIME LISTENING OF THE NEW RECORDs. Quadrafonic Vynal under the stars in the mountains on the new moon solid stars all the way to the ground. one more time to live and i have made it mine too..

February 25, 2014
8:47 pm
lunazure

Well I rest my case. My evidence:

1) You can't spell. I don't know what college you studied botany at, but you should get your money back.

2) I'd have to see the studies.

3) Cannibus Americanus (and sub culitvars thereof) are hallucinogens. All cannaboids and pseudo cannaboids are

4) They called it snake oil in my grand-daddy's day.

5) We don't need education on it. Several of us do have extensive experience and/or advanced degrees (that includes the band). I do know what skin patches are, for drugs. (any drug).

6) We don't mind anyone pushing drugs (it's a free country, tho leslee would debate the point), but if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen

7) I used to go drunk to Moody shows, but I go sober now, and enjoy the music much more. You don't have to be stoned to enjoy them. In fact, the music makes you high without any "help".

8) Nice poetry BTW.

Have a nice day out there in Moody land, Matt! Cool

March 1, 2014
11:16 am
moodytoni2

Seems Like Matt may need to use a dictionary in order to spell certain words correctly!! He needs to know how to spell some words correctly such as "BOTANIST," "DIDN'T, " etc. etc.

March 3, 2014
9:48 pm
lunazure

I misspelled "cultivar" just to make him feel better tho. Dyslexia in typing strikes again.

This website does a pretty good job of spell-check (mine does anyway, it might be the browser) but of course some words I use aren't quite in the lexicon. I should get the money back for my degree too maybe Wink

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0