Widget ImageDoes Justin Still Like to Ride Horses? | Ask the Band | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Does Justin Still Like to Ride Horses?
December 3, 2013
3:52 am
moodluver765
Forum Posts: 6
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'm asking this question because in the past I've seen several pictures of Justin and some horses. I know Justin rode in the past (including with his daughter Doremi, at one point) and I just got curious as to whether Justin still has a stable where he keeps his horses. I've always loved horses myself, so I was curious as to whether Justin still rides. IMO, he looks fabulous on a horse. Sign me:
Curious moodluver 765Smile

December 3, 2013
11:22 am
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

Hopefully Justin will answer it... I'd like to know myself; what a nice question. In 1991 or so, Justin sold his stud farm "in Soley" wherever that is, he used to have like 40 horses or so, plus his horse Toggs (which was a tall Black horse... his sub species has been debated, I thought maybe he was a Fresian, Justin called Toggs "a clapped out old race horse") He Marie (his wife) and his daughter all rode.

Toggs went to horse Heaven in 1991 or so, and since, Justin has "pared down" his life, in recent interviews he says "all my possessions fit into a garage" and he also said during his solo show on the ship "I'm through with cattle and all that".........

According to old fan club newsletters, Justin and Marie were raising some sort of Highland ponies in Cornwall back in the mid 70s.

Justin is 67, so if he wants to get on a horse at that age, more power to him! :)

This thread will probably answer all your "Justin's horse" questions..... and yes many lovely photos. Enjoy yourself

http://moodybluesattitude.yuku.....p33d-KWRdc

December 6, 2013
7:46 pm
jen
Forum Posts: 44

I hope he answers also. My wife loves horses and owns 5 of the beasts. They scare the hell out of me and this is from a guy who has had race cars and an airplane. My wife is "almost" a MB fan. The answer from Justin could swing her to be a real fan. BTW she was seriously injured about 10 years ago riding one of her "pets". A bike helmet saved her live but at age 66 she still rides.

December 6, 2013
10:28 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

I'm not around horses enough to have an opinion about them, but I love all animals. But they take TIME.... . like another family member. I feel bad I don't pay enough attention to my dog these days. Riding a horse takes serious attitude, and they can be quite ornery if you don't HAVE that attitude. Oddly they don't scare me.... not sure why. Airplane, nope.... I know all the ways they can fall apart ;)

December 6, 2013
11:15 pm
jen
Forum Posts: 44

Just a quick reply: We have five cats and I adore them completely. Infact one is sitting near the key board as I write this.
I sure hope Justin answerer's your question..

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2655

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110, bomojiy124, Doby1996, Josiaheyes

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0