Widget ImageUpcoming Tour 2018, Las Vegas | Ask the Band | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Upcoming Tour 2018, Las Vegas
January 15, 2018
8:19 pm
laurabloom
Forum Posts: 2
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

To whom it may concern,

My name is Laura, and I'm writing this letter with my brother, Tom. We will be at the Moody Blues concert on January 26th with our dad, Karl, and we could not be more excited for the opportunity.

You see, growing up, my dad played us classic rock. My earliest memory consists of dancing around our dining room after dinner, listening to The Moody Blues and The Monkees. One of the first songs I memorized after the ABCs and Twinkle Twinkle Little star was "Nights In White Satin". Dad played The Moody Blues greatest hits album on repeat, and that one happened to be my favorite, both because of the song itself and the way my dad sang along every time it came on. He normally listens to songs silently, or occasionally singing out the chorus, but my dad would sing Moody Blues songs start to finish. He still does.

This past year, we learned that Dad has terminal brain cancer. The week after his brain scan he went into surgery and we learned that his time is not an "if", it's a "when". He has lost a significant amount of his vision due to the location of the tumor and the surgery. What hasn't been affected is his amazing sense of humor, his unwavering positive attitude, or his hearing. As soon as I heard the tickets for this tour were on sale, I bought them for myself, my brother, and my dad. I can't really get Dad anything for his birthday or Christmas, but I can make good memories with him, and this is a good way to start. I wasn't able to afford the nicest tickets for him, let alone any VIP access (but the nose-bleeds should be just fine since Dad can't see much anyways). What we are asking for, though, is the chance to make one awesome memory with our dad before he passes. We wanted to know if there was a way to do a meet and greet with the band. Autographs and pictures don't make much of a difference to a blind man, and he already owns most of their music. This would make him very happy, and I will do everything I can to make that happen.
Our dad deserves so much more from life than the time he has left, so we are making the most of it. He has taught us his passion for cars, problem solving, and music. Please help us celebrate his passions and his life.

Humbly and sincerely yours,
Laura Bloom

P.S. You can learn a bit about how Dad's cancer has affected my brother from his vlog, linked here.

January 18, 2018
2:07 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

My heart goes out to you, my mother also died of cancer, leukemia. Very sad decline and passing. She is in a happier place, and smiled at the end.

She wanted us all to go onward and enjoy life, and so we are. Smile

May 12, 2018
10:23 am
Aaronerkin
Forum Posts: 2
July 22, 2018
5:06 am
maitrishah1
Forum Posts: 253
This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0