Widget Imagewho sings on Songwriter | Ask the Band | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
who sings on Songwriter
August 6, 2015
8:37 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I've read so many articles over the years, I can't remember where I picked up this information.

The problem is, when you say "Oh yea so and so did such and such" on line, there's always some a** w*** who feels they have to challenge this, as if you've committed sacrilege by getting some factoids a little off. (These people should have been historians, they could all attack one another academically then). Good heavens I have about five bank boxes full of articles, and that doesn't include the tape material. Sure I'm going to dig through all that for documentation???

Anyway my particular comment involved the lady singing "Every night is the first night for someone...." on "Stagedoor" on *Songwriter*. I had understood the credits to say Mrs. Hayward, Mrs. Clarke and some of the children had all done backing tracks on that album, and somehow concluded that Mrs. Hayward was on "Stagedoor" with a small solo. I've always liked that.

I was CHALLENGED. I was doubted. Confused

My question being, has anyone in your collective families ever participated in the recording of your albums? I know there's one video interview where Marie and Justin DO sing together on "Raised on Love" she seems to have a decent voice.

This might not always be a good thing, I think I'd just fight if any of MY family got involved in some creative endevour of MINE. Smile

I wish so much the Moodies would individually or together put out an official biography. There must be so many good stories left untold.

August 11, 2015
10:26 am
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

I wasn't there, but I always had it in my mind that Marie had done the talking parts - such a lovely British accent. Me can'ts help you.

August 11, 2015
1:42 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

Well it was a family thing with Justin and Mike at various times in their lives.... I wonder about the others, very mildly.

My family always sang together.... it's a Welsh thing I think. Used to be the only entertainment they had, but modern times has driven that out of families I suppose. I don't sing with my brothers because one of them is tone deaf, poor guy.

July 22, 2018
5:09 am
maitrishah1
Forum Posts: 253
This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0