Widget ImageA special thanks | John | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
A special thanks
October 21, 2017
8:25 am
Nancy
Forum Posts: 4
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I have been a fan of the Moody’s for many years. When I was pregnant with my son (30 yrs ago) I would put headphones on my tummy with the Moody’s playing, he is a fan still to this day! I have learned over the years how to live life and enjoy each and every day. On 9/20/12 I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Ovarian Cancer. Now, this is a disease that most women do not survive past 5 years. I am one of the few that can actually say, I am almost 5 years clear with no recurrence. I am writing this today as a pure hope that one of the band members will read this Thank You to them. Now, I am not sure if they will but one can always hope.
When I was diagnosed (2 years into my divorce that took 4 years) I was scared, angry and frustrated. I went through 7 surgical procedures and six 8 hr chemo sessions. It was during chemo I would put on my headphones, close my eyes and let the music of the Moody’s take me away from reality. I really did listen to 8 hours of Moody’s and the music calmed me. All of the feelings, from the divorce and cancer, went away each and every time I turned on the music. When the bone pain from the chemo would get bad, the music would take me to a different place and the pain was not so bad. I am now living life and doing all I never did for me. I have a 98% chance of return. The one I have is very rare and no research is being done. I am ok with this because out of the hundreds of thousand of women I have had the pleasure to get to know with Ovarian, I have only met 2 with the same one I have. I know when it returns there is no more treatment so I cherish each and every day I have been given. This is not a death sentence this is a LIFE sentence which is allowing me to have the time to do what I never would have done before the diagnosis.
On January 22, 2018 I will be flying to Texas from Illinois to be able see their concert on the 23rd and meet the band! Yes, I bought the tickets and will be 3rd row with my best friend and the biological Dad of my children. Now, we never married but have been friends for over 30 years.

So, to the band I say Thank You. Thanks for the music, I believe it saved me in so many ways.

Nancy
Smile

September 15, 2018
7:34 am
alexsharma
Forum Posts: 51

Wow really interesting post, can later share other useful information is more interesting. free gift cards codes generator and free gift cards codes generator and free gift cards codes generator

September 24, 2018
6:09 am
kiko
Forum Posts: 54

Your post is great and meaningful. Thank you for sharing this article. I would like to receive better and better articles.
shell shockers

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0