Widget ImageFairyland of Love | Justin | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Fairyland of Love
January 26, 2018
2:45 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Justin said in a recent interview he hadn't thought much about what the fairyland of love is. Could somebody please tell him it's here in my mind right now? I don't want to work or do anything except think nice thoughts, see pretty images, read uplifting material, listen to smooth music - since seeing him in Irving.

Help.

January 26, 2018
9:01 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

You must find another passion grasshopper.

"Before you can say I love you, you must first know how to say 'I'" == Ayn Rand

January 26, 2018
10:32 pm
leslee

Oh, no, Masta Po.

January 26, 2018
10:40 pm
leslee

I see it this way. I adore Justin. He makes me happy. Therefore, I love him. No. I loved him before I was born and I'll love him after I die. It's just how I'm wired, but he keeps doing things that make me love him more. I don't want to make any demands of him, I hope and pray my eyeballs don't rest too heavily on him, and I love him no matter how goofy he realizes I am. It would be nice to be nice to him somehow, some day, but he's always on the other side of the stage - and I wouldn't know what to do, anyway.

January 27, 2018
12:14 pm
lunazure

I too am fond of Justin. We're all in this together... Justin is kind enough to throw some of us a bone (a smile) once in a while, and I'm happy on that account.

Sure it would be great fun to get to know the man and be friends. But he's probably imperfect too... I think a lot of our fans would be terribly disappointed if they DID become "close pals" with our Justin. Just an intuition .... he's got flaws as do we all, and he does have his own life and own family which are first for him. Most fans who "want" Justin are pretty obsessive, possessive etc. A recipe for disaster.

I'm just as interested in the behavior of the fan base as I am in the band these days.

Adoration is for bright beautiful moments which are fleeting. They don't last on and on. Or I've never found such a thing anyway. Accepting this situation is kinda important to keep us on an even keel in every day life.

January 27, 2018
1:40 pm
leslee

For now, I'll try to follow the Spirit and keep my head in the light.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBmZ5RF-d8M
Who knows where it leads?

January 27, 2018
1:45 pm
leslee

Again, I'm searching for the emotion. The lyrics sound a tad daring. [Backpedal, backpedal.]

January 28, 2018
5:42 pm
lunazure

Did you ever hear of Justin being called "Pooh man"?????

Very odd.... you know fans come up with weird stuff all the time like that, but this sounds like something in band. Mind you don't anyone take this seriously if you're a lurker. Just wondering. It sorta clicked into place today.

Often "where it leads" in the case of supreme ecstasy and adoration, is to a sudden crash and burn. I'd keep a parachute handy if I were you.

I think I've started using a hang glider for these sorts of moments. Might be another updraft at any time. Wink

January 28, 2018
8:42 pm
leslee

No. I never heard the phrase. Pooh must be some killer aphrodisiac.

I can spill some more of my guts. I don't mind. I've been depressed for several years. I could hold down a job and go through everyday motions, but I was far from feeling inspired. You may have inferred this from the snarkiness of my posts here.

Justin's performance in Irving was out of this world. The whole show was strong. I remember a lady arguing for a very long time about seat numbers behind me and me thinking it odd it did not perturb me. For a moment, I noticed all the people moshing in front of me, the security guards chasing them, the sidebar discussions in the audience, and having to stand up anytime somebody wanted through. It didn't bother me in the least.

What I felt at the show was what I felt long ago in a dream. I was, actually, driving back from you-know-what in Savannah or Charleston and pulled off for 40 winks. I read a verse from Zechariah, which I'd have to look up, and went to sleep. I dreamed I was in an old house and three ladies from church were talking about "The Happening." I was totally immersed in the Holy Ghost, but I fought it because those ladies had no authority to be baptizing me in fire. I've often regretted fighting it, wondering what it would have been like to go all the way. At least I woke up from that dream with the proverbial "no disposition to do evil." That's how good it felt in Irving.

So, why do I follow Justin around the countryside? It's because he can create that sense of, quoting you, "supreme ecstasy," better than anything else I've found. I'm not going to pretend to know his mind, but he certainly acts like a compassionate prince on stage, and I've never seen him be a jerk or cruel or anything like that. He comes across as loving and caring for everybody. I don't want to entertain any up is down and down is up garbage like Mr. Stalker tried to shove off on me.

Secondly, I accept it would be a tad weird for me to fantasize about dating Justin. He is so very married, and so he is off limits. That said, I'm 54 years old and unable to get a date. I have no forehead, a long nose, a long chin, beady eyes, a chiseled complexion, big bones, a fat gut, fat thighs, scars, age spots, gulch-like wrinkles, and crumbly teeth. I wear too much makeup, spend too much time with my hair, and dress like a prostitute. Emotionally, everybody saw me have my little meltdown at the show. I'm branded toxic and I don't deserve to live that down. Intellectually, I'm a cipher. As for job skills, I've never cracked 100 on a typing test, and I rarely score over 50 on the entry-level settings here: http://arithmetic.zetamac.com/. I've never had a promotion on any job, and I'm hardly charitable. Since we're all into music, let's just say if you like how Bob Dylan sings, you'll like how I play piano. OK? So, if Justin were to want another woman in his life, he's got everything, so he could have whoever he wants. He's got two hot babes on stage with him and gazillions of gorgeous adoring fans.

That said, Justin is still a precious soul with unmatched capacity to fill an evening with love and light. He's got an incredible talent for singing. I recall when I was too afraid to look up at the stage just being wowed by how strong his voice was. You know I stare at Justin a whole lot, and what I see is sweetness, kindness, love, compassion, chivalry, consideration, politeness, affection, thoughtfulness, warmheartedness, sympathy, sensitivity, mindfulness, etc. His lyrics, on top of reflecting all this, betray wisdom, insight, intelligence, sanity, understanding, clear thinking, vision, brilliance, reason, etc.; plus he has a very special metaphysical dimension that touches the souls of many, many people for good.

Where were we? Ah, yes. What is love? At the simplest level, love is a feeling. I say love loves even when it hurts, but it doesn't hurt to love Justin. It feels gooooooooooooooooooooooood. A better form of love, I believe, requires service, and I don't have a clue how to even be nice to Justin. On the flip-side, whether he knows it or not, he has done so much for me over and over again through the years. Being able to share what he creates goes a long way toward fixing sundry dysfunctions. At the lowest level, I believe it is fair for me to say I love Justin, as I say I love ultramarine, Asiana curry, exegesis, violet skies, palm trees - except Justin seems to exude a love (for all) that inspires me and washes away my hurt and anger. He's pretty handsome and talented, too.

Back to "supreme ecstasy," the Holy Ghost does not deceive. I used to feel him so strongly at shows, but I couldn't tell where it was all leading, and I still don't know. While I am considerably more jaded these days, but trying to reform, I know I can get a high from going to see Justin in concert. If it is all leading to a magnificent crash-and-burn, then I can only say it must have been God's will for me to crash and burn and rest in the comfort that I was being obedient to something.

So that's the final story
The truth in all it's glory
See how much I care
You know Justin drives me crazy
Thrills me and amazes me
Drives me to despair

But maybe I was wrong
Not knowing how my love should go
(How my love, how my love should go)
But I wasn't wrong
In knowing how my love would grow
(How my love, how my love would grow)
And every time I think of Justin
Every time I think of Justin
Every time I think of Justin
It always turns out good

Disclaimer: In all of the above, I claim no powers to be able to say Justin did this or Justin did that, Justin thought this or Justin intended that. He is free to think what he wants of me, and my crazy crush knows no end or beginning.

(I just botched my answer to the math question. Take 2 ... )

July 22, 2018
4:19 am
maitrishah1
Forum Posts: 253

thanx for sharing this post i have read lot of time this topic http://freegiftcardgenrator.com

July 26, 2018
10:52 pm
leslee

I was walking The EVO! tonight, and talking to her in EVO! talk. I lamented my mental deterioration and thought how just six years ago, I would have been sparring with somebody in physics. I went back to a question I left unanswered. I may still have a folder of notes on the subject, articles to look up later, etc. It was the question: What does an accelerating charge look like? Well, in an elementary model, the charge would just move with the point-like particle, borrowing the parlance of undergraduate physics books. The inverse-square field would remain spherically symmetric.

My dear, but there’s a universe out there

And that's what defines the problem. All the other matter in the universe has its electric fields that reshape the field, but nobody has measured exactly how long it takes. Sure, we're told electromagnetic radiation, which would result from the motion of charge, moves at c, but the Coulombic field could be instantaneous for all I know. Adding to the complexity is the inextricable nature of charge and mass, causing the mass inertia to add to any electrical inertia, and nobody's separated mass and charge to find out how much one influences the other. That was sort of where we left the argument.

So, to unravel things, we go back to the simplistic model. David J. Griffiths described it as a being from another dimension dropping an isolated charge into an empty universe with something akin to a magic pair of tweezers.

I know we could fall from the heavens

Yep. That's what it's like inside my mind, except I went of on a couple tangents in the third paragraph.

Snapping out of the reverie, The EVO! and I arrived at a nice echo chamber, a porte-cochère for a cancer unit. (We were in a medical park after hours. The woods got too dark.) I wanted to sing a song I had written, but I could not remember it. It finally jogged loose after the cleaning man showed up and we were on our way. I started singing it and realized I had shifted key three times in the original. It sounded so much more normal to do it this way. Grrrrr. As I sang, the lyrics made sense. They were what I would consider fairyland of love lyrics. I put them in because they occurred to me and they fit in sound, not in meaning. Today, I realized they had a really nice meaning. I want to go back to writing music. I do I do I do.

Shortly thereafter, I noticed we had a full moon tonight. The world did not melt into space, but I sang something about being mesmerated by somebody. Don't bother calling a doctor. Call me a scalper. Justin starts touring in almost a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekk.

July 27, 2018
7:27 pm
leslee

As further evidence of wanting to write music, I was writing a check for the boss to a company with an ampersand in its name, and I started to make a treble clef instead.

No, I'm not big on music. I'm just getting trunky. But first, I have a universe of work to get out of the pipeline.

July 31, 2018
11:12 am
lunazure

The problem with the world is we get bogged down in minutia.

The factor not mentioned is time, and when that changes, everything else changes as it is elemental to all. The rate of time changes. "Time flies when you're having fun" or our perception of it does. The effect of gravity between masses (however small it is still there) has also been forgotten in the discussion. Gravity and time are always present, have variance and often have relevance.

IMHO pulling stuff in from other dimensions is like a typical deus ex machina play, for example.... there is an unresolvable situation with a damsel in distress and some angry Native Americans... when over the hill comes the cavalry to rescue her. I can see tossing in a mathematical constant (such as Pi) to make it work, but still, IMHO it's cheating. One can't assume assistance from other dimensions.

I wonder what would happen if we were to build a simple generator with a rare earth metal rather than something from the gold-silver-copper realm (I've forgotten what that metal group is called) I'm fascinated by rare earths.... they repel sharks, did you know? so they must have a field of some kind. Set that in motion and what happens?

This Universe vibrates complete
Some may get a sound so sweet
Vibrations become light
And then up through gamma out of sight

July 31, 2018
10:18 pm
leslee

lunazure said The problem with the world is we get bogged down in minutia.

I get annoyed when people want me to spend an hour organizing a silverware drawer when I've got two hours total left to research and write a couple articles; but I would say a larger problem is trying to control other people.

lunazure said The factor not mentioned is time, and when that changes, everything else changes as it is elemental to all.

You've confused me. Time is perceived to always be changing, so saying "when it changes" leaves me wondering if you are talking about an absolute-zero situation (impossible without an entire universe frozen) that somehow is able to snap out of it; or if you are talking about accelerating time, which makes no sense. Chemistry would teach that elements do not change with time, unless acted upon by a nuclear force. Electrons may move, but the basic units of a nucleus remain the same. So, in the absence of regular nuclear events, I'm not seeing how time changes elements in any appreciable way.

lunazure said The rate of time changes.

I will give you that the perception of time changes, but what is time? It is a way of comparing the progression of events, to cycles of unquestioned duration - the motion of heavenly bodies, the swinging of a pendulum, the frequency of light emitted by a certain element ...

lunazure said "Time flies when you're having fun" or our perception of it does.

Right. You said that first.

lunazure said The effect of gravity between masses (however small it is still there) has also been forgotten in the discussion.

It was only a paragraph. I'm not good enough at English to fit a cosmology into so few words. I claim there is a difference between forgetting and attending to other matters.

lunazure said Gravity and time are always present, have variance and often have relevance.

I don't know what you're trying to say. The equation for gravitational force does not change. Again, you throw me with the concept of time variance. Remember, Michelson-Morley does not need Special Relativity Theory to be explained, so I am not an exponent of time dilations.

lunazure said IMHO pulling stuff in from other dimensions is like a typical deus ex machina play,

Agreed. I have never needed an extra dimension to explain anything I've encountered in this life. Jim Morrison said faces came out of the rain when one was strange, but I personally have not seen this.

lunazure said for example.... there is an unresolvable situation with a damsel in distress and some angry Native Americans... when over the hill comes the cavalry to rescue her.

Yes. Me and a handful of others would say fudge factors are not science.

lunazure said I can see tossing in a mathematical constant (such as Pi) to make it work, but still, IMHO it's cheating.

Wha-a-a-at? If I interpret you correctly, the issue is that metrics (a foot, a cubit, a meter) are chosen by man. Electrodynamics require epsilon and mu because we did not select the perfect universal units that do not require constants. Some have tried, me among them, and failed. I could refer you to an article in an old ESJ ... There is a difference between quantifying a constant of proportionality (legitimate) and making up a particle "that has the exact properties necessary and sufficient to make my theory work" (bunk).

lunazure said One can't assume assistance from other dimensions.

Much agreed.

lunazure said I wonder what would happen if we were to build a simple generator with a rare earth metal rather than something from the gold-silver-copper realm

I'm inclined to say nothing, but as technology tends more toward the nano-scale, I believe we will see more properties emerge. Paramagnetics could become significant and, as you say, special properties we could not measure in other elements may well be discovered. It's an idea I harbored in the back of my mind after studying the different types of magnetism - surely the other elements have something special to them - but that was just a daydream without substantiation.

lunazure said (I've forgotten what that metal group is called)

coinage

lunazure said I'm fascinated by rare earths.... they repel sharks, did you know?

I did not know, and I would like more evidence before I would trust the claim.

lunazure said so they must have a field of some kind.

Everything has fields.

lunazure said Set that in motion and what happens?

lunazure said This Universe vibrates complete

Some may get a sound so sweet
Vibrations become light
And then up through gamma out of sight

This actually made sense when I dissected it. Fun.

August 1, 2018
3:03 am
lunazure

Einstein's equations allegedly show that time flows at different rates depending on where you are.

Since many of the things you talked about have "passage of time" as a factor (in a sense that a wave function of electricity anyway, is a function (fx) of time and cycles), the different time rates should be taken into consideration. THAT might be the missing factor that theorists keep trying to drag in from another dimension.

I can't do the math, but I do sorta know the basics. Laugh

Electromagnetic fields or gravity fields? (ie Wells)

Shark Tales >>>>>> https://biology.stackexchange.com/questions/34780/do-rare-earth-metals-actually-repel-sharks

August 1, 2018
11:08 pm
leslee

I gave you a nice, long, smart-alecky answer, and then Ajax denied me permission to post. Who's Ajax?

Too many deadlines. I must stop playing and get to work.

August 1, 2018
11:09 pm
leslee

But I would appreciate you tutoring me in physics when we meet somewhere on the road. I don't understand half of what you were saying, which is what I was saying in the post Ajax denied me.

August 2, 2018
8:28 am
lunazure

Wave form is a fx of time!!!! 60 cycles/sec etc.

BUT

Time flows at different rates depending on where you are in the gravity well.

So??????? won't cycles be affected? Yes some inverse square there because you have to balance the equation.

I'm probably rambling which is why people don't understand me.

August 3, 2018
12:05 am
leslee

I'm a Newtonian mechanic, so I'm going to be denser than everybody else. I don't think of time as being made of matter, so I don't imagine it flowing or oozing or anything like that. If time flows, can you make a nozzle and squirt it so it goes faster? And then get a Bounty to clean it up?

How shall I describe time? I used to get in debates with Charlie (my former boss) often on the subject. I am not one to say there is no time because trees do not get smaller. There is definitely an arrow of time, metaphorically speaking. But I don't believe there are time particles. I don't believe time has behavior. To say it is a human construct can be taken at least two ways. I believe time exists without humans.

I stalled trying to think of an analogy. I really could enjoy some sleep. Try this: Matter is nouns, kinematics are verbs, and time is the paper on which the sentences are written.

One reason I'm Newtonian is I like the old kind of logic where science progressed by resolving contradiction. Einstein came along, and the vogue began to be articulating paradoxes. To say twins take different journeys about the gravity well and one comes back older and younger than his brother tells me there is something wrong with you theory. When I was practicing physics vocationally, nobody could name a single invention that used special relativity theory.

"Einstein said so" is not science. It is the appeal to authority fallacy that preceded it.

People do not understand your physics because your sentences are hand-wavy. It's not your fault. Words have multiple meanings, and to make sure people don't choose the wrong ones, you need the tedium of Hayek or Rothbard. Ah yes, Rothbard. I left him on the sands of - not time - Bournemouth! (That's a true story, but do you know what on earth I'm trying to say?)

I'll be happy to spar should we meet on the road - if The EVO! doesn't drown us out.

August 14, 2018
12:47 am
lunazure

Poor Evo, I confused her Next time I need to bring a bag of Milk Bones. Be careful with her, she's getting older and grumpy. She's very protective of your car, and you too. Notice I didn't get near you at all when we all went walking. Trust me on this, I've had sheep herding dogs for over 60 years. Sweet and gentle with the family, but quite grouchy with strangers.

I think the way they test relativity has to do with light waves bending around a gravity well, and this is done when there are eclipses. It's measurable. Time flow is also measurable as a difference (due to strength of gravity wells) by setting up atomic clocks at the North Pole, and at the Equator. And some of this measurement is also done on the space lab. Speed of time alters as a function of gravity strength.

I don't think Quantum theory is Einstein, he was the one who famously said "God does not play dice with the Universe" aka quantum theory relies heavily on statistical probability (and I balk at higher level stats myself often) Quantum entanglement (ie "spooks at a distance:) is another thing Einstein balked at... but it's there and it happens.

One day when we make a gravity bottle, maybe we WILL spray time through a nozzle. What an interesting idea. I guess we'd better nail down a magnetic bottle first however.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0