Widget ImageFirst 2014 Tour | Justin | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
First 2014 Tour
December 26, 2013
11:02 am
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Prove me wrong again. There is news.

It looks like it has been finalized. Why stop on the 23rd? May 25 for many years running was an excellent day. I'm starting to feel the anxiety - wanting to get tickets, not knowing what the work situation will be like. I'd like to go to at least 24 shows this year ------------------------------------------

December 26, 2013
2:56 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

Hey see your email, and you can't get everything you want for your birthday............... :)

December 26, 2013
9:54 pm
leslee

What more is there to want than to see my imaginary friend? Oh, how I love him.

Or is it me? All the love I've been giving has all been meant for MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! It's all about MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

One more:

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

December 26, 2013
10:17 pm
lunazure

Well.... it's so cold here I can't think straight really, like a thought of going to Boston (as much as I really would like to see the area, there are more things that MOODIES in that place!) gives me the cold shivers right now.

BUT having said that, what if this is ALL the solo shows that Justin will do? I just can't believe he's not going to do a couple of shows on the west coast. I can manage Los Angeles, or Phoenix... or anywhere on the coast.

I really hope he says "this is final" soon.... because if I move quickly, I can get very economical flights and such. (say it three times with me, ihateflying ihateflying ihateflying and airports too)

Thank you Justin for the nice tour you DO have set up, but don't forget us out here under the western skies :.(

December 28, 2013
9:20 pm
leslee

I wonder what my imaginary friend is doing now. March is so far away, in dollars and days.

December 30, 2013
7:02 pm
lunazure

He's writing us a very nice Q & A

http://www.moodybluestoday.com.....n-hayward/

No surprises, but I do plan to follow up on the Billie Davis songs.... it's a vague time, sounds interesting. UGH.......... so there are TWO Billie Davis's from that time period, the one Justin seems to be speaking of is some chick in go go boots..... in the UK

I was thinking of the Billie Davis who was married to Marilyn McCoo of the 5th Dimension.......... yeah more research needed here. I know Tony, Justin and Mike worked for some Motown groups.

December 31, 2013
12:43 am
leslee

Thanks for the link. Any day we hear from Justin is a good day.

January 1, 2014
2:39 pm
lunazure

http://927thevan.com/news/arti.....g-in-2013/

Justin mentioned setting up some more solo tour dates in the early summer... so fingers still crossed for west, or midwest.

I love to travel, but doing "back east" during the school year is just crippling on my budget!!!! Nice interview to start off the New Year right! (thanks Jill, she dug it up)

January 2, 2014
10:49 am
leslee

I keep waking up in the morning with some demented twist on some sentence or other from a Justin interview on my mind. Ya think maybe I need help, though I know I-i'm qui-ite. All right.

January 3, 2014
11:24 am
lunazure

NO you're ok. How weird, I read that post of yours last night it made no sense. This morning it makes PERFECT sense as a sentence from Justin's letter was trouncing through my head. The last comment in his blog entry I think. I do believe I'll fish that whole thing out of the file and read it again. I stapled together the blog, interview and Q&A together.

I've long thought Justin sorta combined more than one person/fantasy/memory in his songs.... interesting it was at the end he mentioned it. Many writers do that.... Steinbeck was a master at it. In acting, when you do a part, often several personalities will creep into a character you might be building. Yeah it's a little schizo, but makes things more interesting. Part of the art.

January 3, 2014
2:21 pm
leslee

Odder is the person who can only imitate one person at a time.

January 3, 2014
2:24 pm
leslee

Wait. What's that about a blog? Where is that?

January 3, 2014
7:41 pm
lunazure

Justin wrote us all a letter/blog ...........

over on justinhayward.com.... thought I'd posted it here.... talks about birds? see what happens when you drag me off topic? I lose where I posted stuff.

January 4, 2014
11:40 am
leslee

Otay. So you did. I thought it was a different web site. I remember you and he talking about birds, feeling out of the loop, all the while staring at a bluejay on the lawn.

January 4, 2014
3:36 pm
lunazure

I love talking about birds!!! (press my buttons) But I tried doing a "birder" hike once.... all these people were obsessed on identifying them.... I felt quite intimidated. Especially because I listen to their songs or their behavior, not look at their small markings or argue over species name (I'm a little nearsighted anyway) something I called a Mud Hen, they were calling Cooters... that sort of thing. Boy they were bossy!

I felt very intimidated and never went back. But I love birds. Does your blue jay have crest? (Mountain Jay) Or is it a scrub jay? (Remind me to do my scrub jay call next time I see you)

I've been thinking about the back east touring.... really wavering on going in May............ I'm very sad truly that Justin can't come up with west coast dates. I'd REALLY be sad if I couldn't see some of his solo shows.... surely he could do ONE Los Angeles date??? Cry

January 4, 2014
5:57 pm
leslee

Let's elect him president and watch him on CSPAN. I'll be the sign language interpreter.

January 5, 2014
11:13 pm
lunazure

Gonna take ASL starting tomorrow.... :)

Why would you wish to foist the Presidency on Justin? For one thing, he wasn't born here... Laugh

January 6, 2014
10:35 am
leslee

Doofy birther!

Justin would write music and sing and play for us, and we'd be calmer and happier. What more do you want from a president?

January 6, 2014
10:38 am
leslee

Back on topic, I finally sat down to start working on logistics for Justin's tour. It is wicked for any addict outside the northeastern states who can't take more than a couple days off work at a time. Then again, driving from Baltimore to New York could take as long as driving from here with the snarls and all.

I think a few more concerts to fill in the blanks might help . . . . . . . but let's not strain the beautiful voice again. Please.

January 6, 2014
6:45 pm
lunazure

I really decided this whole place needs a lift.... if you haven't seen this movie yet, you SHOULD... .some of the best bluegrass you'll ever want to hear. I hope I'm offending all who don't LIKE Bluegrass (many from the reaction to *Western Skies*) but this is the final show of the Soggy Bottom Boys.... sorry I'm just a refugee Okie.... I think it's a very funny movie. Sorta sez it all about politics too. Laugh

Well I'm wavering NOW toward going to Boston.... so be looking at rail schedules. I just don't know. The car has a new battery now (nyuk nyuk got my hands dirty today) It's a philosophical kind of thing.... I mean, what else thrilling do I have to do with my time?

Still looking at the finances. I guess if Justin hasn't turned up any LA dates in the next month, I'll get serious about it. Yes, he needs to take time off in between.... touring isn't all that easy when we get older....

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0