Widget ImageJustin on Twitter | Justin | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Justin on Twitter
October 5, 2013
9:30 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Justin is now officially on Twitter. I don't know if it ties into the same feed as the official Facebook for Justin, but it's out there. I woke up and reactivated my Twitter account, but it's not under any name you guys know me as. Just letting everyone know.

It's hard to keep up with all this media, isn't it?

October 7, 2013
10:15 am
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

Nooooooooooo! I don't want to tweet!

October 7, 2013
12:31 pm
Pammypoo
Forum Posts: 70

I don't want to either.
twitter, FB and all the other SM sites that have followed, imo, just lead to more scattered brain function.
Before when life was simpler we had time to devote our minds to a few major things.
We devoted our energies to a few tasks and we did them justice and did them well.
I am not one for half-measures, so a continuous division of brain resources to the point that I am just posting six word sentences to maintain presence to an ever-widening grind of social sites is not a quality expenditure of self.
Now, we are fighting off the compulsion that pulls us to 'keep with the program' so as not to miss anything.
Well, I found that having to check in on this and check in on that, post here, there and everywhere, establish profiles, upload photos etc to various and sundry sites - was making more stress and chaos in my life than I wanted and required to be a happy doobie.
It was hard. VERY hard to resist and FB was the first HUGE challenge and hurdle. But after I learned what was was going on with google's data-mining, marketing manipulations and privacy shenanigans, I determined that I was not going to be a pawn in someone else's profiteering game.
I was purposely late to the FB world due to a resistance to getting caught up in yet another cyber sucker-hole of time and energy but eventually spent a great deal of time setting the whole thing up only to, w/i a few months time, delete and shut that whole scene down.
There comes a time when one must make choices.
I'll admit it was hard to wean myself but when I think of how much more I am doing with my time now, how much more creative I am now, I can honestly say I am much more centered and way more involved with the process of living.

Justin, as a performer, is in a different situation and almost has to stay on top of twitter and everything else, to remain relevant and abreast of the times.

October 7, 2013
8:14 pm
BlueEyedBirdie
Forum Posts: 1

That is not Justin himself on twitter. It is just his promo team keeping his name out there and tweeting his news updates if & when they arise.

October 7, 2013
9:17 pm
MagicalBlueTail
Forum Posts: 166

..... oiiiippppsssiiie

October 7, 2013
9:27 pm
MagicalBlueTail

Pammypoo said

I don't want to either.
twitter, FB and all the other SM sites that have followed, imo, just lead to more scattered brain function.
Before when life was simpler we had time to devote our minds to a few major things.
We devoted our energies to a few tasks and we did them justice and did them well.
I am not one for half-measures, so a continuous division of brain resources to the point that I am just posting six word sentences to maintain presence to an ever-widening grind of social sites is not a quality expenditure of self.
Now, we are fighting off the compulsion that pulls us to 'keep with the program' so as not to miss anything.
Well, I found that having to check in on this and check in on that, post here, there and everywhere, establish profiles, upload photos etc to various and sundry sites - was making more stress and chaos in my life than I wanted and required to be a happy doobie.
It was hard. VERY hard to resist and FB was the first HUGE challenge and hurdle. But after I learned what was was going on with google's data-mining, marketing manipulations and privacy shenanigans, I determined that I was not going to be a pawn in someone else's profiteering game.
I was purposely late to the FB world due to a resistance to getting caught up in yet another cyber sucker-hole of time and energy but eventually spent a great deal of time setting the whole thing up only to, w/i a few months time, delete and shut that whole scene down.
There comes a time when one must make choices.
I'll admit it was hard to wean myself but when I think of how much more I am doing with my time now, how much more creative I am now, I can honestly say I am much more centered and way more involved with the process of living.

Justin, as a performer, is in a different situation and almost has to stay on top of twitter and everything else, to remain relevant and abreast of the times.

October 7, 2013
9:29 pm
MagicalBlueTail

Pammy ...
You wrote that so well and so thoroughly and so honestly I just had to make note of and acknowledge it -sure saved me from wracking my brain to struggle for such cohesive and straightforward logical communication. .thanks :-)

Xoxox
SPHINX

October 7, 2013
10:26 pm
lunazure

hey blue sphinc...............

...'scuse me my brain just scattered........... blblblbl

Those overwhelmed..... you need to master the art of the "fast skim"........ got good at that after 20 or so years on various Moody groups. I agree, Twitter, FB and etc are just extensions of good ways to waste our time.

"The world is watching America, and American is Twittering......... "

October 8, 2013
8:36 am
Pammypoo
Forum Posts: 70

luna succinctly broke it down to brass tacks, in a nutshell and pretty much said just what I rambled so laboriously on about in, not a six but a fourteen word sentence:
"Twitter, FB and etc are just extensions of good ways to waste our time."

Laugh

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
AH-LUVIT
as she kicks her leg up in the air like that kooky character on SNL.
Smile

October 8, 2013
9:27 am
leslee

Fast skims don't work with slow computers. This site continues to refuse to download pages about 1/3 of the time, and like the former mushertom, I think it takes too long.

October 8, 2013
9:25 pm
lunazure

It's your Internet server. I was lurking about here today from work, and their server is REAL fast, or was today anyway. My home server is medium fast. Could also be an older computer.

July 22, 2018
4:46 am
maitrishah1
Forum Posts: 253

thanx for sharing this post i have read lot of time this topic free gift code generator

July 22, 2018
1:47 pm
leslee

The last #JHQA has proven quite helpful.

A week or two ago, I had to sightread a new song. There were a lot of leger lines (4 and 5 per note were not uncommon), and I had to arpeggiate fast. Something told me to quit trying to control it and let that "other part of my brain" take the wheel, as it were. I did not fare that awfully.

It reminded me of a time as a child when I decided to be a "left-brained" musician. It bothered me that if I knew a song I would not count out the rhythm, but play by ear. Almost half a century thereafter, I had discovered one reason why I am so horrible on piano.

Then, this week in Sunday school, we were discussing Psalms. The teacher asked what some verses meant, and as I read them, there was no question in my mind David was talking abut the miracle of the water cycle. I saw the metaphor, having just learned from Aristotle that poets communicate that way. The discussion leader gave me rave reviews.

Am I getting cultured or what? This is like the taming of a shrew. It's like I got a calling to join the human race - which reminds me of a song, a song that takes me back to a concert. I don't recall where, it may have been in the Northwest. I recall I had cut and dyed my hair and was dressed not unlike a Sesame Street character ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FhfqxvTpS4

July 23, 2018
1:43 am
lunazure

That nudge of inspiration... you never know where you'll find it next. I haven't read Psalms for a while, but that's a cool take on it. Me, I get stuck on things like Ezekiel, and how a dude from his time would explain a helicopter shaped like a cube (it helps to know astrology... ) . Indeed, it's sometimes all in the translation.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0