Widget ImageJustin question | Justin | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Justin question
March 12, 2016
8:01 pm
Moodygirl32244
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I am new at the forum. I got so upset the other night. I was at one of the shows & I had flowers with me. At the end of the showing, I waved them at Justin. I also had something for him to autograph and so did quite a few other people. He finally came off after I was waving the flowers to him, asked if they were for him. I said yes, he took them, set them down on the speaker and then held up his hands to the crowd. He didn't sign anything and then walked away off the stage and left the flowers. I was so crushed. Was it wrong to do this? Has anyone had that experience. I did this once before at a solo show & he took flowers and was very sweet to me. i still get tears in my eyes when I think of this latest tinme. Can anyone please give me some advise. Thanks and have a blessed day.

March 13, 2016
11:03 am
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

Justin is a human and he does things different every night. He rarely takes flowers backstage. I understand some years ago they stopped shaking hands with the front rows because they were catching cold bugs and that takes out their voices. Yes other people have had the same experience, and over several years' time too.

I don't expect a lot out of the Moodies except good music, that's what I go for, and I enjoy watching the skill of their playing too.

March 13, 2016
11:36 am
Moodygirl32244

Thank you Lunazure. I feel very encouraged to hear that this wasn't an isolated incident and he wasn't annoyed with me. I kind of figured that much but was upset at the time and since it was such a different experience than last time (He did take his flowers backstage). I really appreciate your comments. Thanks for your input and have a wonderful day.

March 14, 2016
11:49 am
lunazure

Thank you, you too (we had a rough day yesterday, power out for 12 hours) Justin seems to be an advanced human, and seems to like ALL fans... tho some do scare him, I've seen him jump, edge away when clutched at photo ops, that sort of thing. I think the music makes us a little too passionate sometimes too, but after all, that IS the intent..... to make us feel good with the music.

I'm sorry to say some people have been known to give him flowers, then shove a camera in his face when he bends over. I've always felt that was a little rude. especially with a flash. I don't think Justin is a huge flower lover (except fushias!) and it's probably difficult to juggle his Fender and an armload of floral tribute on the way off stage.

It's all good! Don't take it personal. Smile

March 14, 2016
4:25 pm
bikerbabe
Forum Posts: 5

Most people thrust flowers at him to make eye contact or get attention. All bouquets are left behind that I know of. Don't believe anyone who says different.

You can't annoy him because he doesn't know you. You may have annoyed the people sitting in the front who paid for those seats and may not like being climbed on.

March 14, 2016
9:41 pm
lunazure

I would never dream of climbing on top of another fan. Besides, they might like it too much. Cool

March 15, 2016
12:10 pm
Moodygirl32244

Yeah. I'd be afraid they'd like it too much too. I never climbed on a fan before. When I had flowers, both times I had front row seats!

March 15, 2016
7:35 pm
lunazure

I've never needed flowers to get attention. Must be my scintillating personality.

Flowers are harmless. It's the intent that sometimes bothers me.... the ritualization....

March 22, 2016
9:18 pm
forevermoody
Forum Posts: 291

bikerbabe said

Most people thrust flowers at him to make eye contact or get attention. All bouquets are left behind that I know of. Don't believe anyone who says different.

You can't annoy him because he doesn't know you. You may have annoyed the people sitting in the front who paid for those seats and may not like being climbed on.

Bikerbabe, you sound so much like Christie (lunazure.) Whatever happened to giving flowers to performers simply to show appreciation? It's an ages old tradition.

I've seen Justin walk off the stage with flowers MANY times. Also, I know for a fact that he's even taken them onto the bus at times. Sometimes he'll set them down on a speaker and motion to the person he got them from that he'll get them later. The roadies have been known to make sure that flowers and other items make it backstage.

And why did you assume that Moodygirl climbed over people to get her flowers to Justin? Wow . . .

March 22, 2016
9:22 pm
forevermoody

lunazure said

I've never needed flowers to get attention. Must be my scintillating personality.

Flowers are harmless. It's the intent that sometimes bothers me.... the ritualization....

Maybe the attention is because of your "granny knockers" that you like to brag about showing off. And it isn't necessarily positive attention, either.

As far as the flowers go, it is NOT a "ritual." Again, what's wrong with showing a little appreciation?

As you like to say, Christie, SSDD.

And one more comment to bikerbabe -- what makes you think that you know what the intent of "most people" is? Are you a mindreader? How sadly jaded. Newbie here? Probably in name only. You certainly seem to know a lot, or at least purport to. Some of us don't feel the need to hide behind a screen name.

March 23, 2016
9:31 am
lunazure

March 23, 2016
8:06 pm
forevermoody

Cat got your tongue again, Christie?

I'm sure there's a post from you somewhere on this forum with four dots. You think you're SO funny! (More like you belong on the Funny Farm.)

March 23, 2016
8:07 pm
forevermoody

Here, I'll save you the trouble. Again, I have no intention of editing my previous post.

March 23, 2016
9:07 pm
lunazure

Moodygirl, going back to the original comment, it's ok to give flowers, be happy do what makes you feel good at the shows. We all go to enjoy the music. Some of us go to more than one show because we enjoy travel too. It's a better hobby than drinking in bars, or gambling I figure Wink

BUT reality check, you should always remember it's just a show, and the Moodies have a lot going on up there on stage, being the focus of the raging crowds and such. They like ALL their fans, and try to understand even the angry ones. Really marvelous men. If they don't give us each PERSONAL attention, that's to be expected. There are a lot of us after all.

I am but a pebble on a great beach of boulders, and I'm certainly not the only pebble on the beach! Smile

March 24, 2016
8:59 am
bikerbabe
Forum Posts: 5

"""""""And one more comment to bikerbabe -- what makes you think that you know what the intent of "most people" is? Are you a mindreader? How sadly jaded. Newbie here? Probably in name only. You certainly seem to know a lot, or at least purport to. Some of us don't feel the need to hide behind a screen name.""""""

I am a newbie, here, and have tried not to respond to your toxic posts, (using your words), maybe that's why I sound familiar. I am not hiding behind a screen name. I do know a lot, I have been around the internet for a long time. I have an avatar, big deal, Im shocked you don't.
Id like to know where the nice fans are, the ones the moody blues say nice thing about, they certainly aren't found here, this board is an abomination. I have overheard some nasty things at a concert (Ravinia), and I think I now know who is who, and where it comes from. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

March 24, 2016
5:42 pm
moodyballetdancer
Forum Posts: 689

Funny thing about using a gravatar - you click on the image and it leads you right to the source. Yes, you and your buddies were at Ravinia a little behind us and way to the outside. Hope you had a good time.

March 24, 2016
6:46 pm
lunazure

dig the generic free floating threat............ Laugh

Biker Babe is completely right. You and Janet are very rude, and have turned this site into a cesspool. We've repeatedly asked you to stop, when polite requests haven't worked, we've tried some mild humor, then the TRUTH when it's obvious you guys are stubborn and dead set on your self centered paths.

You've driven off a lot of nice fans who would otherwise be able to exchange jokes, fun, videos, and other normal social exchanges here, due to your overwhelming bitterness.

We ALL know both of your names, and further we know where you live and work.

If you didn't attack me, you'd attack someone else. I believe most people refer to that as bullying. In most cases, people here are adults and blow it off. But there is an occasional fragile personality here that I worry about, people who might take your attacks seriously. This is not cool, in any way shape or form.

I feel sorry for you. You're missing the whole point of the Moody Blues.

If anyone needs more information about this issue, feel free to write me off line, josiec5150@gmail.com

March 25, 2016
1:51 am
forevermoody

moodyballetdancer said

Funny thing about using a gravatar - you click on the image and it leads you right to the source. Yes, you and your buddies were at Ravinia a little behind us and way to the outside. Hope you had a good time.

Yes Bonnie, and funny thing how "bikerbabe's" gravatar is now gone, since you found out her true identity.

BB, I don't recall saying anything about "toxic posts." That's your new best friend Christie's favorite phrase. I get the connection now -- your mutual friend who took Christie into her hotel room years ago in Tulsa and after finding out who she was, was too afraid to go to sleep.

And Christie thought it was because they spent the entire night having fun "girl talk!" Yes, I've heard a few things too.

You can give up your ridiculous pretense now of being "new" here and "thinking" that you know "who is who." You've been here for years. You didn't come here looking for warm fans or camaraderie. You came to stir the pot, pure and simple. It's your clique's favorite activity, after all.

No, some of us haven't been able to get a gravatar and I couldn't care less. But when the latest incarnation of this board showed up, you and all of your buddies had them and NONE of you were willing to share. Where is YOUR warmth and friendliness? Give me a freaking break.

March 25, 2016
1:53 am
forevermoody

lunazure said
We ALL know both of your names, and further we know where you live and work.

Another threat, Christie? I'm shaking in my house shoes.

March 25, 2016
8:57 am
lunazure

You should be. It would be a very easy thing for me to check my files and see if they've been looked at by you (now or in the past,) I have my own connections. I don't think I need to go on from there. This site alone is proof that you're capable of abuse of power.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0