Widget ImageJustin tour 2017 | Justin | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Justin tour 2017
December 7, 2016
10:54 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Only one show so far, Lexington, KY Feb 14. Not sure the venue, but details are all over the moodynets. Tickets allegedly go on sale a week from today.

As it's far too far for me to travel, ya all are on your own for more. Will keep this updated if more dates come up.

December 9, 2016
10:50 am
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

Understatedly,

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

December 9, 2016
4:51 pm
lunazure

Feb 9 in Bethlehem PA too.... so lots of Moody activity in February. Sadly, only in the east. Again we face famine on the west coast.

Feb 12: Ram's Head, Annapolis MD

December 13, 2016
1:46 am
lunazure

Go over to "Moody news" category and check for "all Moody touring" I put John and Justin dates all together. Man that would be one heckuva road trip if I lived close by.

December 13, 2016
7:50 pm
leslee

I've been watching Sanaton popping in and out of reality the last couple hours. It's kinda fun.

The Ryman has the 15th and 20th of February open on their public schedule. Hey, Ryman!

December 14, 2016
8:21 pm
lunazure

It's just not in the cards for me. I COULD I suppose, but how many times have I see the Justin show?? (Haven't see John's solo....) and it's a long long travel for me. I DO want to visit San Antonio some day. But after being in Arizona Feb 11 for a wedding... I just can't see yo yoing back and forth between there and my home for a later show in the semi same area. Timing is all boogered.

Plan to save my money for either Moody Blues 50th stuff, or hopefully Justin will come further west after sales pick up a bit.

December 18, 2016
2:33 pm
leslee

So, I thought I was being really swift. I took a break between errands to buy a ticket - got back to the office about 45 minutes late, but the page was cued up on the screen. I thought I got a front-row seat all high anxiety. When I looked at the printout, I discovered I was is-posed to scroll down to see the good seats. Add that to my double album that evaporated. (I'm keep trying to be NOT MAD. Really.)

December 19, 2016
12:37 am
lunazure

I did that once, raised a stink too, about their horrible website. I think that was the last Santa Rosa show. Got a refund on my VISA, still had the ticket in Will Call, I handed it BACK and I know they sold it... sold out show.

I looked I just cannot make the shows posted. I don't WANT to travel that far, to those places, at that time. I shall go without or just have to wait for something a little closer. May all travelers enjoy themselves greatly.

I meant what I said and I said what I meant.... Laugh

December 20, 2016
12:46 pm
lunazure

Now it's a "trek" I sorta like that. Laugh

http://moodybluesattitude.yuku.....FlcAH3wyUQ

December 24, 2016
1:27 pm
leslee

"It's very important for Moody Blues fans here in America, " said Justin for an article published yesterday?

December 25, 2016
9:10 pm
lunazure

It's entirely possible I'm in some other part of America. I never have gotten it. Cleveland is like the last place on the Earth I would go voluntarily, discounting Miami (which I am only going to because the next Moody tour debarks from there) and Vegas (which I only go to once in a while to see the Moodies)

back in 1991 when I first got involved in the fan base, there were some very well meaning but determined fans who kept sending me newsletters about how we needed to all band together and get the Moodies into the RRHOF. Otherwise I would never have known, nor cared, about the place. By the constant push, the fans who are the most disappointed by the Moodies not being in, are the ones who have brought the joint to our attention.

The Moodies are sorta about something other than "recognition" from a privately owned, commercial, homage museum in Cleveland, which otherwise has absolutely no claim to fame in the music world. IMHO. "Getting them in" would be a big ego charge for those who have pushed (and pushed and pushed and pushed) for this for 25 years that I know of. The Moodies have a lot of awards and recognition for their music and talent. It's good to be wanted, especially I suspect they prize their ASCAP awards. But I'm here to enjoy the music. That's all.

January 1, 2017
6:21 pm
leslee

My point was the word "here" as in "here in America." A normal person calling from beautiful Nice or Barbados would say, "there in America." Justin knows how to speak English. The interview was written by a dude based in Detroit. Had I been a normal person, I would have been there, too, with what's left of the family. But work schedules wouldn't cooperate, so we're getting together later. Man, would I have loved to bump into him at the airport or something. Regardless, it is probably just a misstep. Maybe he said, "It's very important for Moody Blues fans queer in America," or "Moody Blues banshees in America," or even "Moody Blues fans here ------ in America, I mean."

January 2, 2017
9:30 pm
lunazure

You totally lost me, but that's ok, I'm lost when it comes to the Moodies anyway. I SO MUCH want to take time and go to San Antonio. But it's a double trip (two days from here) for me within a month. I just can't handle it. The other thing that really holds me back... is that this would be a huge outlay of cash to go to S.A. and most of us know Justin's voice tends to conk out by the time he reaches the middle of the country. Alas he is not a superman. If I hit the road, I want to do more than one show. Because there are off days and on days.

As much as I would enjoy taking my stalker self there and sit in the front rows, winking and blinking at His Nibs.... and enjoying the marvelous music.... as in Sweet Charity "I'll live hopefully ever after" and hope the tour comes a little closer later in the year. Moodies or Justin solo (or shucks John solo!) any would do.

I think people are over reacting... thinking "things are coming to an end" folks have been thinking that since 1991. Yea. Don't over think things. People are always a little down and introspective during the winter.

January 3, 2017
9:05 pm
lunazure

Justin added a date, Feb 17, Cape Fear, the Community College. Apparently tickets go on sale tomorrow (Jan 4)

In passing, Julie (and possibly her husband) will be appearing at the Idyllwild Festival along with one of the show videos. That is Jan 5 and the following weekend.

leslee, if you are planning a road trip, I highly recommend Macon GA, the reason being, there are some really nice Mounds there. Mississippian mound builder stuff. I know you're into that sort of thing. They've even reconstructed a kiva. I don't know where Justin's show will be but the mounds are in a large park area to the west of the river, and I *think* on the south end of town.

You're a pretty good navigator so I suspect you will find them, probably will have better luck than I had when I visited.... I get lost in my own house sometimes.

January 4, 2017
12:28 am
lunazure

Sigh, Yuku chose this moment to go legs up so I'll post over here. It does seem there are some dates in California coming up. That is if that isn't dates for Mike solo... he's going to be in Anaheim in the early part of February. West Virginia too. Whew and I was just thinking about traveling to North Carolina.... oh my Moodies oh my ducats!!! Confused In fact yea.... this is absolutely NOT assurances that Justin will be doing California. Reading the poster carefully, looks like it's just Mike in the states with a star next to them.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1QM_R-WgAAwO1r.jpg

February 1, 2017
9:37 pm
lunazure

New dates. New Orleans, March 7

https://orpheumnola.com/calendar/justin-hayward/

February 3, 2017
7:12 pm
leslee

Today I feel on the verge of using tickets for scrap paper. I was so tired of spending $500 a month trying to repair a car that wouldn't run, I sold it for $175, got two advance checks for a down payment on a new car - and I may need another $1000 to get this one to run. I paid an extra $2000 for a warranty, and the car is still covered by the dealer's warranty, but both warranters think the other party should pay, which leaves me responsible. Then, after the last car, I don't trust a mechanic to get things right, only to make more problems than there were originally. In fact, I've had three different diagnoses of the problem already.

I feel like no matter what I do, it is going to backfire and cost lots of money for no good reason. The post office decided to return all my mail. Maybe that was my stalker, as he has shown up again; but mail properly addressed is being returned to the sender, which is just great now that I'm trying to get payments, tax, tag, and title on the car that doesn't run. My point being, it is hard to get to the venues; I'm not cute enough to hitch hike, and I'm too fat to run 600 miles.

What else? I dunno. I feel I could use a nice heart attack about now. I just felt inclined to gripe. I mean, I work over 100 hours a week playing stupid password games, fighting computer viruses, and then doing stupid brainless stuff as if multiplication of paperwork actually does anything to help anybody; and get paid for 40. What else could I possible want from life? I mean, I have to re-enter 1.5 months of useless data because of the virus - It even took what felt like 20 minutes to get through the line at the gas station. No, there isn't a gas shortage, just a lot of people playing the lottery and the clerk having to upsell and introduce customers to new products.

What were we talking about?

Oh, yes. A simpler time and place where love and beauty mattered, where cause and effect were connected, where you could put something down and go back and find it, where you didn't have to register for everything and ensure your security by giving your name, address, SS#, bank account numbers, combinations to your safe deposit vault, codes to reproduce your house key and contact information for your stalker.

What were we talking about? Maybe I need to put some Justin on and chill out - once it gets warm enough in here to turn the hair dryer off.

February 4, 2017
12:42 am
lunazure

I feel the same way about buying a used car as I would going to a chiropractor. My son is laying with a wrecked back because he loves chiropractors. He finally has an appointment with a orthopedic surgeon on Monday, and I bet he wises up (finally, after not listening to his mom....)

Back on topic.... well where's there's a will there's a way. A tour is a tour, set priorities.

February 10, 2017
1:00 pm
leslee

Shall I try hitch hiking on Valentine's Day? What are my priorities?

Maybe a deathbed repentance can get me rebooted.

February 10, 2017
1:01 pm
leslee

I thought there was something here about summer tour dates. Me no cans find-is.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2655

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110, bomojiy124, Doby1996, Josiaheyes

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0