Widget ImageJustin's solo tour | Justin | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Justin's solo tour
March 6, 2014
8:32 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

BOTH ON SALE NOW

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/jus.....norcatid=1

Agoura Hills.... The Canyon (June 4)

http://sfyoshis.inticketing.co.....8;u=212860

Yoshi's San Francisco (June 7,8)

March 6, 2014
9:56 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

You're soo good. I wanna go to Agoura. I think I need a shrink. I want to go to see Justin in all these beautiful places more than I feel I am able to negotiate time off, and I want more time off than pays the bills. Worst of all, the shrink has a red dot right now. Somewhere a concert plays, and the fans are happy.

March 8, 2014
11:15 am
lunazure

Bernie is a sweety, she's sorta swapped posts on one of the FB groups, she lives super close to the Agoura venue. It's probably still fairly rural, an outlier from Los Angeles (I haven't been to these places for a while, we drove through them when I was a kid, and I think Amtrak goes through there too). Lots of pepper trees.

Came over to post that the second Sunday night at Yoshi's is on sale now, and it also appears to be a VIP meet and greet thing. I'm not going to that (driving home so I can earn more money and work!) but it is an opportunity for anyone who wishes the Meet and Greet thing and didn't get it yet.

Hey I dunno leslee, you can figure out the schedule.... I'm getting a room (keeping it secret too) would be happy to split with you. I have a lot of building hunts planned for Los Angeles, so I'll be very unfun, babbling about textile blocks.

OH you requested a shrink. Putting it on the line/beep (this call may be monitored for quality assurance)

(in a very good German accent) So tell me how you feel about that? Do you talk to your Soulmate in your dreams? And what does he say to you??? What would your plans be if your Soulmate and you could be married and live "happily ever after"? Keep a dream diary, take two aspirins and call me in the morning! (beep)

March 9, 2014
10:43 pm
leslee

OK, Dr. Ruth. I don't believe in soulmates. I'm a Randroid, so I don't care how I feel. BTW, I think Justin's kazowie and groovy.

I'd love to meet and greet Justin. What do I need to pack? Let'ts see: straightjacket, muzzle - oh, and don't forget the deodorant. I need to get declawed and defanged. Set up appointments with the liposuctionist and the facial surgeon. I need a crash course in manners. Oh, bother. It's too much.

Speaking of architecture, did you see Jennifer Aniston's for-sale house? That's my kind of architecture - straightforward and open. I loved the interplay of glass and masonry. I didn't like her furniture, nor did I like the scale - two washers and dryers, two barbecues, etc. But he layout was, with few exceptions like the big urn in the swimming pool, very nicely done.

March 10, 2014
12:28 am
lunazure

Going OT, yes I went out and googled her house. It's a typical crib (half a**ed) off FLW, some good qualities. Obviously the designer studied FLW. Lots of nice cosmetic touches.

Jury's still out on soulmates here in this brain.

Back to the solo tour and no veering off topic........... last I looked there were still meet and greet tickets left for Sunday night at Yoshi's. However, I plan to be far to the north by then. I can only do so much, and like I say, I'll believe it when I see it. Mostly I just wanted a nice ticket in a decent seat.

The rest of your post, I'm gonna ignore. There are some days I do believe in Dr. Spock.

The new Discover magazine showed up with something about Dr. Freud, so taking the magazine to the bath with me. Laugh Rolled up.

Not wooth............ WOOTH....

March 10, 2014
10:10 am
leslee

What's a wooth?

Yes. Discover is so much better than that thin tissue stuff.

I think the Meet & Greet would be a Scoot & Shoot/Flash & Dash wax museum scene again. I would like to sabotage, except that would get it cancelled. I was thinking - just a flight of fancy, nothing serious - about offering something like a paperclip to any fan who could make Justin laugh in a photo.

I need to grow up, but not without Dr. Spock. Contrary to popular opinion, I was not raised by wolves. My parents were very good, and they did everything right. I just rebelled, fell in with a bunch of groupies, paid too much attention to the propagandists of hip, abandoned my studies for money, cherished face-time with my pillow more than brain-taxing creative pursuits.

Oh, but if I go to a Justin show, I should be all cured. Right?

March 10, 2014
10:55 pm
lunazure

Sure (tink). For your reading pleasure, I recommend *I am Not Spock* by Leonard Nimoy. He said he had people come to him all the time to be cured. Beatles, same story............ John Lennon was quite cruel in a few interviews about it.

Music IS very good medicine, but it does not give us license to demand things from the musicians.

Dr. Wooth is the butt of many psychology jokes... I was just talking about Phil Zimbardo today in a class. HE'S my shrink hero, and Dr. Jung of course. Daddy Jung. Dr. Ruth had a good gig going... like the Kirschners and their carrot juice. It's all about the way you present that health babble to the unsuspecting public.... tell them what they want to hear, and money will pour into your pockets. Ditto Uri Geller.

People see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear.

I like Discover because it catches me up (albeit about two years too late) and is easy reading. If I really like something in there, naturally one goes and researches further. They tell good stories. I like the doctor's case studies the best. There is something to be said for easy reading. I'll lay it down if it taxes my brain too much. Like their astronomy articles, BOOOORing.......... if that's all you read, no wonder you don't like it. Pretty lame actually.

I'll work on something to get Justin to laugh. I made Graeme laugh in an elevator once long ago. Humor can be a very individualized thing. I think he was grinning a little wider when you got your photo with them, truly.

You can keep the paperclip if I succeed.

March 11, 2014
9:17 am
leslee

I'm thinking the Meet & Greet is going to be with Alan, because he meets and greets everybody all the time, anyway.

Astronomical discoveries are but code for, "NASA wants funding." I've yet to see them do anything that wasn't already discovered by the honorable Robert Goddard. I'd love to go up to his library and sift through all his papers at some point.

March 11, 2014
10:53 am
lunazure

Here's the link for Sunday night in San Francisco, meet and greet with Justin

http://sfyoshis.inticketing.co.....ts/405318/

Like I say, I'm spending that $100 on gas money to get home Sunday, so I can maybe work Monday and pay for some crimes. Won't be there.

Heheeh yeah I agree. Mike's a nice guy, I'll say hi. But I do mostly want the nicer ticket.

Yeah it seems like a lot of rehashing.... tho there is one article involving the "black hole at the center of the galaxy which might be going into an active phase" that was mildly interesting. All those magazines tend to lean left anyway, so I've dropped a lot of subscriptions, having plenty coming in by Internet. Did I ever tell you I used to date a relative of Goddard's? Reggie Goddard. He was a real case.... the type who would lay down his motorcycle and walk away without a scratch. Wanted to raise our children together.... I chickened out, he was pretty active. I'm the quietly neurotic bookworm type, and get grumpy if disturbed too much. Ah those were the days. Wonder if he's still alive.

March 11, 2014
1:18 pm
leslee

lunazure said

tho there is one article involving the "black hole at the center of the galaxy which might be going into an active phase" that was mildly interesting.

That old thing?

March 11, 2014
5:41 pm
lunazure

Yeah and then Stephen Hawkins had just said he was wrong about the threshold business on the edge of Black Holes. Pretty funny

WELL fancy that! Justin at the Coach House, SJC

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sa.....Id=4138174

Moody Patti, you ROCK, thank you!!!! (stolen with extreme prejudice off TER)

March 24, 2014
7:07 pm
lunazure

Tickets for the Neptune in Seattle (University district, right near UW) go on sale this Friday at 10 am. Not sure of the links.......... nor the seating etc etc. I'm in the Seattle area, and would be delighted to meet anyone from this area.

Nice article with it

http://moodybluesattitude.yuku.....zDSZoWANdc

March 24, 2014
9:57 pm
leslee

No. I cannot afford to stay that long with the tour. No. No. I said, "No."

Ask me tomorrow.

March 25, 2014
7:32 pm
lunazure

Well you can bunk here if you come bye..... groan that will be such a long trek home afterward.... it's a Thursday? Yeh I'll have to do a half day the next day... sleep in to recover.

March 25, 2014
10:40 pm
leslee

I can't take that much time off work. The boss will realize just how unnecessary I am.

March 27, 2014
9:20 pm
lunazure

Code for the show in Seattle (the Neptune) is "STG" and they are on pre-sale NOW. General admission, I think I wound up paying $58 or so after all the fees. Going to be mailed free to my house. Yee haw.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notes on SJC: yes I know the Mission there is World Famous, but SJC is just ONE of 22 (or so) missions all along the California 101 corridor (otherwise known as El Camino Real, the King's Highway).

For your viewing pleasure, I'm putting up a link to my Missions forum. Check into the photography.... you'll never feel deprived for Mission visuals again. Going to try to do ALL of them eventually. Takes time.

http://illaheematters.yuku.com.....z3YHleANdc

April 5, 2014
12:50 pm
lunazure

Troubadour attendees:

Be sure that you print out the ATTACHMENT to whatever you got in the email from Tickefly. Down in the corner at the bottom is an itty bitty blue "pdf" file, click on that. They had so many marketing things attached I was really having trouble with it. Not sure that's the final real ticket or if mine is in Will Call (the mind goes first) but be sure to get the ATTACHMENT to the email.

April 25, 2014
11:02 pm
lunazure

So everyone, tell me true. If the Tucson show starts at 7:30, and Justin probably holds curtain until 7:45 (?) because he doesn't like people coming in late and disturbing his artistic flow (and I agree), then he does an hour long set, intermission from 8:45 to 9 (if not longer), another hour set ending at 10, will that leave enough time to get to the airport in Phoenix for a midnight flight??? (Given that it is 1 hr and 42 min to Sky Harbor from downtown Tucson)(and no I don't plan to drive like a bat out of Hades....)

And having said all that, how long will Mike's intro show be??? Does this set Justin's show ending up to 10:30???

I don't know, I haven't seen any of these recent solo shows yet.

Time time, who's got the time??? -- John Lennon

2+2=5

April 26, 2014
2:27 pm
melomaniac
Forum Posts: 45

Hi Luna,
If I recall correctly from Justin's show from last year, Mike played for about 30 minutes. I honestly do not remember an intermission during Justin's set. An intermission between Mike and Justin, yes, but I don't remember an intermission during Justin's set, which was somewhere around 90-120 minutes long.

Maybe someone else has a better memory than I do about this will reply.

Hope this helps you plan your flight.

April 27, 2014
11:46 pm
leslee

One of our Moog guys missed his last presentation. We were told he was on the way to the airport, had to be in Minneapolis the next day. I assumed he had booked his flight with Orbitz and now had a 12-hour layover on his way to Orlando. Your flight has been changed. You will now go to Ft. Wayne October 12. Call our 888 number if you have time as well as money to waste.

Did I just say that?

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0