Widget Imagenew interview with Justin (Jan 10, 2016) | Justin | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
new interview with Justin (Jan 10, 2016)
January 11, 2016
10:09 am
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
January 13, 2016
12:06 am
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

It was mostly a theme and variation on things he's said before - but then my listening was not without interruption. It was good to hear his voice, though, and I loved what he had to say about new musicians being treated like products - not that I like them being treated like products, but it was a good articulation of a phenom that always seemed wrong to me - like when the New Age movement turned into a huge market for selling angel kitch.

January 13, 2016
12:08 am
leslee

I liked what he said about playing even if people don't buy a ticket - that could be me if I don't rein in my profligacy.

January 13, 2016
1:36 am
lunazure

I thought he sounded a little bumpy, but I thought Obama sounded a little bumpy when he started tonight too (he warmed up as his toadies hopped up and down more and more)

I found that as I researched "products" .... you know as a consumer, most of us look at a performer or listen to a song, then the next day something else bright and shiny comes along to get our attention. Gone are the days of the superstars. They tried to treat the Moodies like products, and they were such ornery cusses they resisted, and were able to keep the originality going. That took a lot of strength, chutzpah, and intelligence.

People like Marilyn Monroe and Elvis Presley were treated like products. They were so very talented too, and such losses because they died young.

David Bowie.... he just passed from cancer, and I'm very impressed with all the material that is coming up on FB about him. I didn't pay attention at the time (I was busy working when real true prog rock hit the fan in the late 70's early 80s) (in fact my lifestyle was much like yours seems to be right now, leslee.... I got out of that cycle when I joined the military) anyway he was quite an artist.

I don't think it's about flash bang production.... it's about slow steady creativity and doing what you think is right, having pride in your product. The good artists will last. Some of these pretty young blondes will fade out in another 10 years. Miley Cyrus will probably last in some form because she's ornery and has true talent (weird and nasty as it is) but Taylor Swift.... she'll disappear in a sea of mediocrity. I like Beyonce, she has heart and soul.

I'm glad Justin got an interview out. Good way to start the new year.

January 17, 2016
7:45 pm
leslee

Are you suggesting this little toadie ought to go boing boing boing? I can't type and jump, so I'm outa here.

January 17, 2016
9:07 pm
lunazure

A toadie is someone who licks another's feet for special favors. There are more graphic words to use for the same concept, but I'm trying to keep it appropriate. Not everyone used to be a sailor.

Maybe should be Toe-die as in "toe licker"

Glad you got to a computer..... myself I spent the afternoon watching the Hawks lose, and now I'm doing income tax.

January 19, 2016
3:25 pm
leslee

I just read the new Q&A. I was reading along, lost in the interview, and then I glanced at the scroll bar that was almost at the bottom of the page, "No! It cannot be!" shrieked I in my head. I once again enjoyed the honesty and the funnies.

January 19, 2016
9:55 pm
leslee

I read it again, and now I'll comment, as an attempt to get something on this board back on a semi-Moodies track.

The first time I read it, I thought maybe he hired luna to ghost-write. I never noticed how similar the writing styles were before.

I'm thinking maybe Justin and I wouldn't get along so well. On top of the problem I have of staring at him, we're both bad at managing money. (I'd love to spend half my income chasing him around the world, but I don't have the discipline.) Also, he indicated an asset of Jerry Weintraub's was knowing what to do, I never know what to do, so I couldn't help in that department.

I watched the George Ezra video. I never was turned on by that song. In fact, I find a lot of Justin's taste in music is a tad dull, like they like it in France. The video was cool in its non-repeating kaleidoscopic effect. The still people effect was also in the One Direction vids, which I watched after Justin complimented one of their writers. As the video progressed, it looked like folks were just passing a lot of stuff around. I thought Justin didn't like stuff. Maybe they were emptying his gay-rodge or ga-rozh.

Speaking of stuff, I don't know how Justin could pack a lot of it into a suitcase. Fans who have traveled with me know, I prefer to throw the laundry basket or a box in the car if I'm driving, and never take enough to check if I'm flying. Checked baggage has a way of going bye-bye. Anyway, I never knew Justin wore capes, kimonos, and caftans. I love caftans, such a lovely style. I had a memorable dream long ago that he was a geisha girl, though. I used to dream symphonies, but I didn't have the skill to write them down. This morning, I woke up from a dream where my challenge was to name 200 hotel chains, and I was working on it, about up to number 6 or 8. The second time I woke up, I was trying to fathom the courage and causes that induced the Founders to draft the Declaration of Independence. I had new appreciation. Humor is always funnier in dreamland, it seems. But when I dream of Justin or wherever that beach is, which seems to be on a west coast somewhere, I wake up refreshed, as if I accomplished something.

Speaking of west coasts, Justin made the Israel ordeal sound so much simpler than it appeared out here in fanland. It could have given me a nervous breakdown - or did it? Nah. I was talking to a friend about that affair recently, and we decided to blame a prominent political figure - as a joke.

I've never been a fan of church bells, because now they're annoying. They use recorded, sampled, scratchy digital noises around here. It resumed, I think, to save the basilica to prevent a hotel from going up downtown. I think of that rather than a call to mass when I hear them, even though that perception is probably historically flawed. Before that, they always sounded like one of them was flat (lower frequency as opposed to two-dimensional) or something. I bet they sound great in Recco. Some artist wrote an amazing song that referenced hearing them at midnight, that I was just thinking about yesterday.

So, the new drummer sounds good? That's a tremendous compliment considering some of the comments Justin's made about drummers. That comment should boost sales alone.

#29 and #43 Ha ha ha ha ho ho ho.

Lastly, for all the time I spent studying it and putting it through my decoder nose ring, I found no secret messages for me - except I commented yesterday about a great dream with Justin and he dismissed dreams. ----- Hey!

January 20, 2016
11:40 am
lunazure

Back atcha. I had to start taking notes! So many ideas all in one huge paragraph....

200 motels was a Frank Zappa movie.

My writing is nothing like Justin's. Maybe we both like sci fi or something.

I loved the Ezra video.... how very clever and young! Yes I think your taste in music is "the next generation" Justin and I are Boomers, as are many in the fan base.

It's a life style, losing things in transient. There's a very funny opening episode to *Crossing Jordan*, she's headed to the plane, and a suitcase bursts on her, she just runs off and leaves the whole thing strewn down the concourse. I was like that when my son was still young, I could barely keep my head above water. I'm very glad I got out of that mode and have no wish to go back to it. Justin I'm sure lives a simple life, but it sounds like his "stuff" might be in storage (out of sight out of mind) and I've cleaned out my storage. Now I live with it in a four bedroom house, just me and my dog, and I STILL can't find homes for it all.

Justin is a west country sort of guy. Like Wales and Cornwall, so it makes sense. I feel the same, I would have no interest in living in the eastern part of England, but I sure loved the western areas.

Real church carillions are lovely. I've had the good fortune to be near many missions when they ring their bells, there are actually entire musical pieces written specifically FOR bells .... the first I can remember was in San Juan Capistrano when I was very small, and feeding their white doves. I agree on the recordings.... *the bells the bells*.......... in fact I OWN one of those old bells. I HAVE to get it hung up somehow. My great aunt Grace had a farmhouse, and the bell used to hang up there, they rang it to call the field hands in for dinner. Anyway long story, my aunt and mom got the bell, but they failed to get the yoke that held it. So it's sitting out on the porch, and I can't ring it. Sounds like a train bell... like the old train at Knott's Berry Farm. It's super heavy too. I sprayed it with WD-40 and hope it won't rust before I can put it up on blocks or something.

There is a whole deal in Darby O'Gill and the little people about the church bells, that I really like. Also Edgar Allen Poe wrote a poem The Bells which defines the term onomatopoeia.

I hope dreams are just dreams, I had an old ambulance driving through mine last night, some sort of classic car. Odd.

Money is just numbers. (I would rather question the questioner here... he handled it well) Justin is excused, he's had weirdness tossed at him too much, in this arena, and his skills are focused on beautiful music. Much nicer.

With tweeking, the most sensitive of decoder rings (toe nose and dual ear wax reducing) can find meaning in the flutter of an eyelash .... I have one of Justin's picks sitting next to a small ceramic froggy on top of my amplifier right now. Must get a photo. Anon anon.............

January 20, 2016
1:34 pm
leslee

I think dreams have validity - some of them. One of my boss' dads, who was a local columnist, one time wrote in a piece about Joseph's coat:

Cuz said

Dreams played a big part in the life of our hero. It seems that dreams back in those days were inspired from above. Nowadays, they are inspired from such things as hamburgers, beer, and installment buying.

Anyway, I had dreams that came true. Twice, I passed out the next day, and the sounds I heard of people fussing over me echoed what I'd heard before. Another time, A couple other times, I was in places I'd never been. I told myself I was full of it for deja-vuing. So, I dared myself to say what was coming up around the next bend, and I could. The last deja vu I had, something was out of place. I was at work, the TV subject matter was as it was, but I was on the wrong page of a document or something like that. I've also had dreams of people I scarcely knew. One time, it was a guy on the steps of my dorm, whom I'd never noticed before. I felt the urge to say, "Hi, John," but caught myself as I did not know his name. Then, some other people called him by that name. Another time, I dreamed I was friends with a girl whom I'd seen a lot. The next day, we struck up a conversation and became friends. Then again, in the old days, dreams (saying my prayers before sleeping) were a great place to solve math problems. I never knew about the Frank Zappa movie. I stopped counting when I woke up, too. I don't know whereof I dreamed last night. I was too busy trying to crack my back. Ambulances are always in a hurry. Perhaps your dream laid along the shortest distance between two points.

I need to get some life so I can stop boring everybody off this site with my nonstarter comments. . . .

January 20, 2016
11:45 pm
lunazure

Well yes dreams DO mean something..... but it tends to be whatever the person who had the dreams thinks they are. It's like a Rorschach test.

This ambulance thing was odd, not like me. I WAS at two different doctors offices yesterday, that could have been it. But how it started, there were all these people lining the street, and looking down it in anticipation... I joined them (equally curious) and down the street drives this old long car with rounded fenders, like c. 1940s if not earlier. It was an ambulance however, no two ways around it. No red lights, not in a hurry, just transporting someone along.

I don't know if they come from an outside source or not, but certainly the mind is a complex thing, and dreams shouldn't be taken lightly. If anything don't be literal, go to another higher level with them. Maybe you're not dreaming about a certain rock star... maybe you're dreaming about someone you cared for in your past and that rock star just happened to slip into that slot in your brain. It happens.

Here's how things like that work. I wasn't particularly close to my father, but we did share a common love for art and such. I had a waking vision about him a few months ago, I wasn't quite asleep, just sorta vegging under the covers. My parents were both in terrible shape when they died, really down to the lowest you can go as an aging human (very very sad) affected me quite a lot.

Anyway I got this vision of Dad, young and healthy, looking up at this marvelous skyscraper all of glass, and shiny metal. Something you'd expect to be built on Mt. Olympus or in Heaven.... not hard to understand my brain conjuring that up in a vision. But get this.... he had some rolls of plans under his arm (also no shock) but....................... he was wearing a knit red sweater. where the heck did THAT come from....

It took half the morning to remember. My mom knit that for him like when I was about 7....... long long long ago. I hadn't thought about that sweater for over 50 years. She worked hard on it, and he really really liked it too. Until it got washed and shrank up............... no synthetic yarn in those days.

I've forgotten what happened after this great disaster. It is a very comforting thing however, to think he might have his sweater back in the Afterlife.

My point........... you never know what your mind is going to dredge up out of the remote memory banks. That stuff turns up in dreams.

June 27, 2018
2:05 am
telwein
Forum Posts: 1

This is awesome interview by Jestin. Now you can watch all his music videos for free on Terrarium TV apk free download.

July 22, 2018
4:16 am
maitrishah1
Forum Posts: 253

thanx for sharing this post i have read lot of time this topic http://freegiftcardgenrator.com

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2655

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110, bomojiy124, Doby1996, Josiaheyes

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0