Widget Imagenew interviews | Justin | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
new interviews
February 20, 2016
8:28 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I hope this is not already posted here on the site somewhere. Rather nice.... no I don't know the date. Recent. Thanks to Jill on MBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKEa8Q3nhR0

March 17, 2016
10:25 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

In the latest interview on Justin's web site he mentions stopping touring some day. The thought is totally gut-wrenching. He has to do what he has to do, and I have to respect that, but I sort of thought it would go on forever.

March 18, 2016
9:19 pm
lunazure

He turns 70 and I suspect he goes into a new retirement bracket then. I don't think he'll stop recording at all, probably a little curtailed tour schedule. I'll go see him!

March 23, 2016
1:05 pm
leslee

I don't like canned people so much as I like them live. He's been an inspiration to me my entire adult life. The thought of him disappearing is, I want to say, unbearable. But I support him whichever way he goes. He's a good soul, if I may say so, and I trust him to make good decisions.

March 29, 2016
8:03 pm
lunazure

New material mention, new interview should be a part II to this in a bit

http://moodybluesattitude.yuku.....vsWMXrXiUR

I haven't even found time to listen to this yet, the hurrieder I go the behinder I get..... Confused

March 29, 2016
11:31 pm
leslee

Ooh. Very nice link. It was so nice to hear something from Justin. I was surprised when it ended too soon. The picture was pretty. I'm craving that shade of aqua of late. I can't wait to hear Justin's new songs. That's fantastic. This is such a magnificent obsession.

March 30, 2016
8:59 am
lunazure

There is a second installment of the same interview. The lady who recorded this got up in the middle of the night to do it, so many thanks to her.

http://moodybluesattitude.yuku.....vvMlXrXiUQ

March 30, 2016
10:24 am
leslee

Yes. Thanks to her for finding about it and posting, and to you for relaying the news.

A beautiful blue jay just jumped on the branch outside the window. He's trilling melodiously and not squawking. So ADD.

March 30, 2016
9:53 pm
lunazure

It's ok to go ADD with birds.... I must listen more closely to my jays here, I get a lot of them (mountain jays) even crows can sing nicely sometimes, and jays are corvids too. Never heard jays trill.

I finally listened to part one, it wasn't that thrilling but always nice to hear Justin. He sounded a little bumpy, but they ARE on the road.

April 1, 2016
11:39 am
leslee

Ha ha. Construction zone.

Yes. Many days I think this strange job is everything I wanted - enough money and time for Moodies shows - but also a room with a view - a lovely four-pane window looking north and west. We're on a hill and in the leafy treetops, so we look across a valley. Oddly, one particular oak tree had such a compelling influence, in my strange mind, I was anchored to it too much to pack up and move back to Michigan when that made sense. Yes. A tree was calling me near. Weird. It was weepy, like something from a Maxfield Parrish scene, in the misty summer, so transfixing.

April 2, 2016
12:39 pm
lunazure

Perhaps your tree is an Ent. Wink

April 2, 2016
9:59 pm
leslee

A droopy oak for a sultry summer's eve. Ere long she shall return to her warm and misty splendor. As of now, she's still kinda stark. Actually, she's black with the rest of the night.

Dinner, Leslee. Get to work. Arrrgh!

April 9, 2016
8:14 pm
leslee

Just saying hello from the long-way-home. Gonna go to church somewhere peaceful tomorrow. (Hint: I find peace in music.) So much makes sense now. I really appreciated the comments from Justin on Merle Haggard, having lost a wise one myself - but Justin's choice of quotes is really something I needed. He's so good with words and sentiments. Amazing. It's funny how I imagine everybody in heaven hanging out with each other - unlike earth where we're all in this or that corner. Yeah, Mum and Merle and Tchaikowsky and Gershwin and all the little babies that never saw daylight, and Jesus. I hope to post more when I resume a normal life next week.

April 10, 2016
12:15 pm
lunazure

Things will make more sense eventually..... yes there's a pretty good orchestra up there for sure. Me mum's on the piano, or rotates through I'm sure. Gershwin would be conducting if not tickling ivories (in his "all the sharps" way.) And imagine, you can choose any guitar you want to play.

It's a lovely spring, our swallows have returned (along with bats and starlings) so all is well. At peace.

April 11, 2016
9:25 pm
leslee

Julie Devereuax sounds like me. Eek!

http://wror.com/2016/04/07/my-.....devereaux/

May 5, 2016
7:05 pm
lunazure

New Interview 5 May 2016 (I think)

http://moodybluesattitude.yuku.....yvO8eTXiUR

The two singers Justin mentioned.... they are very quick samples to see what he is talking about. Possibly these guys have other songs which are a little more catchy.

Trevor Hall-- I sampled a couple and he seems very diverse and new age. Like it.

Ben Rector--actually similar to Hall, voices are, not great range but I like the mix anyway. I think Justin has a much nicer voice than either of these nice young men.

May 8, 2016
2:18 am
leslee

I didn't know Justin had an interview out Thursday. We were getting upgrades at work that kept failing, so I was doing what I could on my laptop. It's so slow, I didn't even think about playing around. Now, I'll listen to those guys. (I'm also dying of allergies.) I'm house sitting for the boss, and I've found two ticks already. Where do I sleep? I don't have tick medicine like the dog.

May 8, 2016
2:28 am
leslee

Nah. Neither of those songs did anything for me.

May 8, 2016
11:38 am
lunazure

Mentholatum works really well on all creatures that attach themselves to your hide. The down side is you smell like eucalyptus.

They were nice songs, but nothing spectacular. Like I say, perhaps those nice young me have better songs out there.

May 8, 2016
2:35 pm
leslee

What's wrong with eucalyptus? Sounds good, actually. Thanks. Gotta go run in the woods soon again, and I'm procrastinating.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0