Widget Imagenew Q&A posted | Justin | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
new Q&A posted
October 18, 2013
12:49 am
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Everyone DOES know that Justin just put up a new post? Q&A? Was it on here or on justinhayward.com????

Anyway it's about five pages long..... bless him, he's skipping the ST but busy at his laptap....

October 18, 2013
8:53 am
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

No, I didn't. Outa here!

October 18, 2013
9:13 am
leslee

Thanks. That was a great way to start the day. I appreciate all the time he gave his fans. I don't recall seeing anything so long from anybody in a band - but then I never looked. I appreciate the sense of humor as always. I'm still laughing about the muses in the chair. It's worth reading on my next break. Wheeeeeee! The audience is happy again.

October 18, 2013
12:00 pm
leslee

How about some Q&D (questions and drivel) about the questions?

1) What can fans do to get promoters to invite Justin to tour? Do any of those online demand thingies work, if any are around anymore?
2) What will Justin be doing in the studio? Isn't everything already remastered? I was under the impression he was going to focus on SOTWS awhile.
3) He mentioned responsibilities three times. How cool. A responsible rock star. Even more reason to love him. Aaaaaaaaaaaaa-------------------aaaaaaah.
4) What do silver piggy banks have to do with Swindon?
5) Why is "I Feel Fine" capitalized and in quotes? Is it the name of a song worth hearing? Where's my termite diagram?
6) I liked the bit about going to the other side of the album. The mind boggles.
7) When does Justin ever "play it wrong"? Sure, he might skip a note or something, but he never sounds bad. It took me a long while to get to where I was making my mistakes in tune. He makes everything seem so effortless, and the guitars blend into the whole thing that would sound like pretentious metaphysical nonsense if I tried to put it in words.
8) Does Justin work on cars?
9) He sounded like John Lodge for awhile, starting a song in the middle of many nights.
10) He mentioned his little room twice. I'm curious as always, whether it's a material or spiritual room, but I'll let it be. I think he's already hinted there's a do-not-disturb sign on the door.
11) Is he going to be a homebody on the next cruise? Maybe I should prepare a documentary to air my big, fat talking head on every channel. (I'm just fantasizing.)
12) Ben Rector doesn't do anything for me, but I think he favors Julie Ragins, like he could be her brother.
13) Oh, well. I'm just trying to learn how to converse with admittedly a long way to go.

October 18, 2013
12:02 pm
leslee

P.S. Amen on the facebook and twitter.

October 18, 2013
8:20 pm
lunazure

I liked the crack about Swine-don

Saw someone kiss a pig today. "To each his own"..............Laugh

Confused

October 19, 2013
4:37 pm
MagicalBlueTail
Forum Posts: 166

oh, tease....the article didn't say which album had been unearthed....maybe someone can excavate the specifics out of the right person?

https://www.justinhayward.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/400895/pid/400030

"The 13-foot capsule ended up holding the mouse from Apple’s first mass-marketed Lisa computer, along with a Rubik’s Cube, an eight-track recording of The Moody Blues, a June 1983 copy of Vogue Magazine and a six-pack of Balantine beer meant for whoever dug up the capsule’s contents."

oh hey, maybe Justboy knows--less-ask-im https://i0.wp.com/i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/lvb_2006/coffee.gif?w=32

http://justinhayward.com/index.....pid/400030

"24. Was the Quad mix lost for “In Search of The Lost Chord”?

Yes, sadly. But it may turn up – it was just not with the other masters – it should be somewhere, but finding it, so far, has proved impossible."

somebody go on over to ask the band forum thenWink

8+11=19

{I've got your "six"Wink}

Sphinx

October 19, 2013
7:37 pm
leslee

I didn't get the Swine-don at all. Ha ha.

I also liked what he had to say about Julie and Alan. They made the same impression on me.

November 1, 2013
9:43 am
leslee

I'm going to vote for Justin as a write-in for city council. I write for a local newspaper, and nobody responded to the candidate questions I sent. On the other hand, Justin had the courtesy to answer 53 questions from his fans! Il est un reve.

January 9, 2014
9:40 pm
lunazure

I saw a murmeration today on the way home from work! I also saw two eagles just roosting around trying to stay warm. The birds here can be a real treat actually.

February 9, 2018
6:50 pm
leslee

#JHQA seems to be active these days. People are asking nice questions and getting nice answers. I could read it all day ....

I wouldn't know what to ask. Maybe I could ask the ppl on this board for help in formulating a question, sort of like, "O Justin, are you my density?" (var. Marty McFly) Embarassed

February 9, 2018
9:11 pm
lunazure

LOL on the McFly family...

I can only think of really silly questions, dumb stuff like "Do you like sitting on the aisle or a window seat on a plane?" (Inquiring minds want to know.) So I don't send them over. Or, what is your favorite dish? (he always answers that with something silly like spaghetti putanesca....) or Do you still paint? (there is an old photo of him with a paint brush in his hand and cigarette in his mouth, like he's in a French attic) do you still get a chance to walk in the woods? Do you still play Bridge? (I'm available if you need a partner) and so forth.... yes he pops in and answers stuff, thankfully.

But those are sorta dumb questions, so I leave it up to more imaginative folks than me to ask them. Even if I think it's the little silly things that really give life texture.

It's better than waiting around for another spook story out of Mike Pinder. Laugh

February 9, 2018
10:17 pm
leslee

I remember the "Fun Fan Questionnaire" or something like that from the Official Moody Blues Fan Club newsletter. Some of those answers cracked me up so hard.

I have a hard time asking everyday people in my life questions. Maybe I'd ask questions for inspiration, like, "What were some of the hymns you enjoyed from 'Hymns Ancient & Modern,'" or "What are some good books you've read lately?" or "What have been some of your better sources of wisdom?" Yeah, I'm a flake. More impetuously, I seriously want to ask, "How do you get so nice?"

I didn't know Justin painted. I don't recall seeing that photo. That would be a good question, though, or you could ask if he'd share some of his paintings or work in any non-musical medium for that matter.

February 10, 2018
1:12 am
lunazure

Favorite hymns, that WOULD be a nice question. That's one of my pet peeves, when I go to Lutheran services these days (my cousin attends, I go sometimes with them, my family is Lutheran goes 'way back, two were pastors) anyway they have weird hymns they sing, and I just fake it, hum along. (I have a weird talent I discovered as a child, that with basic music like hymns and folk music, I can more or less hit the right harmony for the melody, without having heard it first.) Anyway I like old fashioned hymns, and Justin mentioned singing from the old hymn books too. Bet I'd know a few of them.

That would be interesting to study, how different churches picked up different hymns, how they traveled from one religion to others, and during what years. I'm sure Anglican, LDS and Lutheran all have different hymns. Or maybe not. Seems like the Baptists (I went with Aunt Grace once) had the same hymns as the Lutherans, in Oklahoma anyway.

Thankfully that's about all I got out of church over the years, the nice singing, and occasionally some words of wisdom from the vicar. It's impossible to make me feel guilty over my alleged sins these days. Wink

February 10, 2018
1:47 am
leslee

Back when I moonlit for a paraplegic, she was a captive audience, so I bought a big, fat book of classical music to play on her piano. Her husband had an old international hymnbook in the piano bench that I took to playing cover-to-cover as well. That was when I discovered all the songs with the pretty and fresh chords were the English ones, and all the German hymns were mechanical, major key, no-accidental, and 4-4. So, I was quite impressed to learn Justin liked the hymns from HA&M. But he said on the cruise (I watched on the YouTube) that he liked later stuff than what I was liking. I actually have a copy of HA&M back at the house. I hope it isn't too small to read anymore. If I'm lucky, the Fresnel my father gave me will be with the hymnal when I find it.

Anyway, it made sense that Justin and I liked the same kind of music because I love what he sings/plays/writes so much. But anytime Justin lists his three favorites or something like that, they usually come across as total duds to me. One exception that comes to mind is this one:

February 10, 2018
2:10 am
leslee

Here's another good one he said he liked:

February 14, 2018
5:57 pm
leslee

#JHQA says he's critical of himself. Somebody tell him to stop.

February 14, 2018
8:14 pm
lunazure

Yes he is. I admire and respect him so much, and I don't understand his self criticism. SOME is healthy of course, it keeps you sharp and well turned out as it were. But it also just jacks up your anxiety levels.

I'm trying to remember the book that mentioned "The Inner Critic" might be SARK. Anyway you have to make friends with your "Inner Critic" if it bugs you too much.

February 14, 2018
10:02 pm
leslee

You are so right about the anxiety. The odd thing is, I've used Justin's music to get in the zone and proceed on faith. I don't know how to say this because it's not something I've heard a lot of people talk about; but when you get that feeling that says everything's all right, you know you've got it. I get anxieties when I try to proceed mechanically and do everything myself, and then the outcome usually stinks or has embarrassing errors when I return to it. Stuff I just trusted to the spirit can still make me cry.

A neighbor has a plaque about "The muse likes to ... but she doesn't like to ...." I forgot it, and I'd blow the punchline if I tried to remember. I can't run over there; I'm at work. But it has something to do with freedom and volition vs. being tied down.

February 15, 2018
12:04 pm
leslee

OK. It says, "The muse likes to be followed, but she doesn't like to be pushed." That is not the meaning for which I was searching, but it has merits in other contexts. Then again, it somehow all comes around to the same thing anyway. My point is: Justin has seldom missed on a song. If I think it's boring, five years later, I'll hear it and it will hit me with magnificent power. He can write as a job or on a whim. It's all good; especially in his voice.

But we all knew that.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0