Widget ImageNext Solo Tour | Justin | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Next Solo Tour
October 8, 2013
9:33 am
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Does anybody know when and where Justin's next solo tour will be?

October 8, 2013
4:59 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

Not official but I did hear him talking somewhere about doing it after the next Cruise.

I'm sorta reeling from the cancellations.... Justin missed one of the Storytellers so I guess his voice has been going. Poor guy: sippin' whiskey, honey and lots of rest. The good news is people get refunds. Bet there's some unhappy promoters out there.

Bummer, because Justin's voice really did sound good in the few videos I've watched.

Guess I had better jump off line, I'm at work and might get in trouble. Doing Physics today. (wish you were here, leslee)

October 11, 2013
4:35 pm
leslee

I love physics, but I'd rather be in the presence of you know who - either at a concert or delivering whatever you know who needs to be well and happy.

Fret. Fret.

We shall know in a few hours - What were we talking about?

October 11, 2013
9:51 pm
lunazure

Justin's next alleged solo tour. West west.... and please don't forget the Pacific Northwest! (traveling to California is a pain!) if nothing else, do shows in SoCal near an Amtrak station!

October 12, 2013
1:24 pm
leslee

Suggested tour dates for Justin Hayward solo tour:

Monday, December 9 Asheville, NC
Tuesday, December 10 Asheville, NC
Wednesday, December 11 Asheville, NC
Thursday, December 12 Asheville, NC
Friday, December 13 Asheville, NC

That's a start anyway.

March 19, 2014
5:03 pm
ellieM
Forum Posts: 1

lunazure said

Justin's next alleged solo tour. West west.... and please don't forget the Pacific Northwest! (traveling to California is a pain!) if nothing else, do shows in SoCal near an Amtrak station!

Hello Luuuuna! I finally got out from under a rock to enjoy the lovely weather here in Fallbrook. I agree with your post it would be really cool to go to a solo gig of Justin's. There's a lovely location here call "Grand Traditions". It's out doors, gardens, trees very nice. Well who knows anything is possible.
By the way how are you doing? BLESS YOU . EllieM

March 19, 2014
8:19 pm
lunazure

Hey El!!!! doin' fine, are you doin' the LA shows? I'll be down there... should I wear a pink carnation? See you at the Coach House??? Tickets only $50

Here's a link to ALL the shows for the year, so far

http://illaheematters.yuku.com.....yoz_4WANdc

March 20, 2014
8:38 am
leslee

Links are fine, but do you have a wormhole, a magic mirror, or something that can actually get me there? What? I need to develop a strategic plan requiring exertion and sacrifice? What's that?

Actually, methinks I'll only hit a few shows, as it would be too weird to go to all of them. (I'm trying to feign the appearance of sanity. How am I doing?)

March 20, 2014
10:13 pm
lunazure

I dunno I'm down in that particular wormhole along with you.

Been mapping out my vacation. Finding some really nice back roads in California. Again let me know about Arizona, write off line if you prefer. My own plans a bit up in the air too.

March 21, 2014
9:20 am
leslee

I want to go to all shows. My boss wants me to go to zero. Me mum doesn't want me to go to any shows until I am independently wealthy.

But I must admit, I have another imaginary friend competing for my affections. His name is sleep. I catch myself sometimes thinking how nice it would be to see my eyelids, wondering if I wouldn't rather just crash out until I feel normal again. What's wrong with me, Doctor, Doctor? I know Justin is the one and only, but I could just drop right now.

March 21, 2014
10:21 am
leslee

I was just kidding. Who needs sleep?

March 21, 2014
10:03 pm
lunazure

You do. Need sleep. Things would make more sense.

I actually turned down a long term sub position today because I'm doing this vacation. Now, an outside observer would think I am nuts. BUT consider.... I've done these long terms before. I think I know people, I think I might have a shot at a contract job.... nope, they give it to a very young perky woman straight out of college. I would make no more money per day. I would have the privilege of getting to talk to the parents who are usually nice folks, but sometimes turn out to be drug dealers (which is why their child has problems) and would get to see the same little hooligans day after day after day. Nope.... things turned out just fine that I didn't get that position.

Besides, I really want to take that trip.

March 23, 2014
4:11 pm
leslee

Some things I do not want to make sense.

March 24, 2014
7:09 pm
lunazure

Some things aren't meant to make sense!!!!

July 1, 2014
3:54 pm
lunazure

BTW if I haven't said it long and loud enough, I thought the "two guitars" concept was a really really good one for Justin and Mike. I really hope those two can put another tour together in the future. I'm not partial one way or the other as to who backs them up on keyboards or flutes or anything else. It's the two really masterful guitarists I go to see and hear.

I don't know how the Seattle show was backstage, but I can recommend our really nice local theatre, I saw Arlo Guthrie there a few months ago, and was deeply impressed, they do a nice dinner show and also have cheaper tickets in the loge. http://www.admiraltheatre.org. Looks just about the right size for a Justin and Mike show, and probably cheap to rent, no problems parking downtown either. Arlo packed the place, people from all over the Sound came.

AND while on the subject, after seeing this very different format for "the Moodies" (well for Justin's music anyway), I really hope they do something radically different for their 50th anniversary tour (or whatever they call it....... in 2016 it will be 50 for the addition of Justin and John). There is no sense in going out of one's way for the "same old same old" this solo thing was a breath of fresh air into the Moody world. Keep it dynamic, and keep it going........ and they will come.

July 23, 2014
10:23 am
lunazure

OK heads up.............. no more word yet but TER seems Johnny on the spot

http://travellingeternityroad......8_EabGANdc

Oct-Nov for another solo tour, that would be 2014

I would go to Oklahoma if he landed at Cain's Academy, but I doubt that will happen. The Midwest and Canada have certainly been neglected so I suspect that will have a few dates, as well as the ever lucrative Northeast

July 23, 2014
11:28 pm
leslee

With all due apologies, I like the solo shows more than the whole band concerts. Did I say that?

July 24, 2014
12:57 am
lunazure

I'd like the whole band if they rotated the numbers around a bit. Variety... yeah that's the ticket. Justin keeps it fresh and new.

July 24, 2014
9:03 am
leslee

Perhaps it is advancing dementia, but I'm going into a small is beautiful phase. I like all things small except the number of Reece's I consume and the pursuant abdominal diameter. Is there a causal correlation?

I think I liked the homeyness, getting fairly decent seats, controllable sound, nobody dancing in my face. The dinner club atmosphere doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but one did get a chance to talk to the people at the table, and they were all rather lovely in their own ways. Some were super special, like they'd laugh at my antics and stuff. Getting to stand next to the great Justin was probably the best thrill of all, speaking purely from a selfish perspective. Methinks Justin was askeered I wouldn't obey Udo's instructions to do a normal photo. But Mr. Udo! This is how I really look!

July 25, 2014
6:58 pm
lunazure

I've been emailing another friend... we were talking about it....... I honestly can't tell if I like the Moody show or Justin's solo show better. After watching the "solo" John put together for the benefit last June......... I'm not sure I like the bass thumping stuff all that much anymore. I mean I like a little action, but let's be blunt. Some of us Moody fans are advancing in years, and just don't want to get up and boogaloo anymore.

However, some of us are still into good music, good voices, good guitar work. I like a nice rhythm section, but not sure I want the loud thumping anymore.

I have a wee small suspicion it's a point of contention in the band too... well, it's not up to me to figure out their shows. I'll turn up where I can and enjoy the good sounds ... .but I think I might save my money and travel for the Justin show quicker than I'd do the same for the Moody Blue show.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0