Widget ImageFacebook Moody Groups | News and Info | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Facebook Moody Groups
August 31, 2015
8:17 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I've been hearing this more and more lately about the Facebook groups. There are over 10 separate groups on FB for Moody fans, some have photos, some information, one group is a support group for dieting and such.... all sorts of very nice people over there who share a love for the Moodies.

This has been growing lately. There seems to be a tendency for toxic commentary on there. As I am absolutely ruthless in blocking people on FB I'm not seeing much of this (it's also possible I'm being blocked by THEM because they know I'll report on them)

There was once a time in the very early 90s when the only Moody news we had on line was Lost Chords. THAT was horrible, you had to take the good, bad and ugly all in one feed, but it was the only way to get Moody information from the Web. Thankfully we have come a long way since then. We even had some problems on here (MBT) in past years, and thankfully that has mellowed out as well. My thanks to the admin here for whatever they have done to correct this.

My point. If anyone has wandered here from Facebook, wondering about the band, feel free to ask questions here, anywhere. This now seems a safe site. And, as to Facebook. Do not hesitate to block those who are jerks. (Who is a jerk is sorta up to you too). Block with gusto. I have few if any problems on FB. There WAS a kerfluffle today I sadly had to take care of thru back channel, but mostly if you block the disrespectful ones, you'll still get a pretty good Moody news feed if you join enough groups.

I hope that helps. If I might add an interesting quote: since this seems to be a massive "group therapy" sort of thing, all the Moody fans talking on line. A very famous group therapist named Yalom once said "we all play our pathologies out for the group eventually" and that happens. Be careful what you post, it's hard to get rid of sometimes. Confused

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0