Widget ImageFall 2013 Tour | News and Info | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Fall 2013 Tour
September 30, 2013
8:53 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Thought I'd start this thread. I'm getting very excited about going to California, going to be a two week vacation blasting down the coast in Strider, and the Moodies are only part of it. Today I got my ticket to see the Hanna House in Palo Alto!!! HURRAH!!! While the rest of the California mob flits off to Reno, I'll be tromping through a restored Frank Lloyd Wright home!!!!

I think I counted 7 FLW buildings I'm going to be seeing, and 11 California missions. I'm so stoked!!!!

Anyone have reports to make on the tour so far? Or things they're anticipating???? I'm so grateful to Gordy for keeping us all posted over on FB. He's a super keeper, best thing the Moodies ever did was hire him!!! Laugh Well, almost the best anyway, if you know what I mean.

Confused

October 2, 2013
12:38 pm
Pammypoo
Forum Posts: 70

luna, ya need a valet?, clothing mistress?, coffee/tea warmer?, tootsie massager? Wink
sound like you are in for an awesome two weeks!! so I take it your going to see some of the Commercial (office/municipal) building FLW designed & built along with a house or two.
Do you plan on taking photos?? (she said with her tongue hangin out?)

As for Moodies Fall tour. I won't be going to any shows, this go round.

October 2, 2013
10:23 pm
lunazure

Yes will take photos, but yes some are residences, and the residents aren't always friendly. One must be polite, discrete and sneaky. This was family sport when I was little, we were always on the road somewhere looking for a FLW house, in the days before GPS of course. LOL no there's only room for two in Strider, and I've already got a shot gun!! Gotta work on Strider's camper conversion this weekend.... I'll tell ya, I need a little warm break, and hope the weather improves further south. My feet are getting cold living in Seattle!!!

I may look for work too, I've been feeling the itch to move back to California. The area from Santa Cruz to Paso Robles is really really nice.... I'm quite excited about taking the scenic route this time.

Clothing mistress!!! GEEZE... .I'd bite off someone's head if they messed with my clothing! I used to be a costumer, and obsess on clothes! My house looks like a costume room right now... stuff ALL over... gotta clean up before relatives show up.... I'll be in big trouble if I don't! Tour catching up with me again!!!

Those going to Agua Caliente, that's a nice place to stay! Reasonable rates I thought too. They have tellys in the bathroom!

October 3, 2013
9:14 am
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

I love FLW and Spanish Missions. Good architecture is important to me - almost as important as good landscape architecture, with the play of sunlight on various textures and hues of green - er - verdure. In fact, while contemplating relocation, I took a long walk and resolved I needed to live in an area of natural beauty. Seeing Justin in Reno, however, would make the most beautiful building infinitesimal. But you knew that.

October 3, 2013
9:52 am
lunazure

Well, right now I'm counting Mission Santa Clara (near San Jose) the Marin Center of course, and (FLW) Xanadu in The City. OH also another Mission in the City, "Dolores" it's a bit of a walk, but maybe we can BART over. It's just south of the Haight. Alas I'm not very hep on the streets of San Francisco, but I do have a very nice map. I plan to put little sticky stars on the points of interest, should be more trustworthy than GPS from some stories I've heard! Laugh

Gotta run get dressed for work! Everyone have a lovely day!

October 3, 2013
11:36 pm
lunazure

My buddy Scarlet is making tracks. Also, news, "Driftwood" is back in the rotation. Oh thank goodness!!! (thank you Justin and all who agreed with him...)

feature=player_embedded

October 19, 2013
12:44 am
lunazure

News from the road, it seems that BART is on strike (San Francisco rapid transit). this is horrifying to me 'cause I drive a stick and I am NOT relishing the idea of driving in The City. You can't believe how this is going to cripple the Bay Area. Everyone pray for a quick resolution!!!! And especially if you are flying in, you're going to have to find some wheels to get out of the airport now... BART goes right into SFO.

Buses might not be any help if the strikes spread..... they're Union too.

October 20, 2013
5:30 am
lunazure

Seattle.... just jumped into my jammies, it took too long to get home on the ferry!!! Anyway quick report, all will be happy to learn that Justin's voice seems very much on the mend, but he was still taking care of it, and did the Storyteller. I thought it was one of the duller STs I've seen, strange questions and strange answers. Graeme tried to tell some jokes, and no one laughed. Justin didn't do any high notes, and one squeak came out during the ST (no one laughed, the poor guy.... but it got better) SIWL is back in, but TOSOL still gone. No Driftwood or slow ballads, alas.

My deepest thanks to KC and the band for the lovely lovely evening.... the Paramount is old but nicely restored. Much more to follow. Security heckled me once about camera, which was silly since cameras were all over the friggin' theatre.

Band energy low in first half, really got better during second, and hope they have a great day off somewhere.... :)

PS someone offered to sell me marijuana as I got off the ferry, so I hope the band can REALLY relax..... you can do it legally here, so please do, it helps you to sleep! (I should have bought some, now I'm completely wired!!!)

Nida took this tonight! She's so cool, posted it from the ferry dock.

Confused

October 20, 2013
7:21 am
Pammypoo

Thanks for the checking in with that quick report, luna,

Cool

October 21, 2013
10:17 am
leslee

If anybody sees that big, ugly blue thing from "The Littlest Mermaid," please tell it to give Justin back his voice. He's suffered long enough.

October 21, 2013
11:13 am
moodyballetdancer
Forum Posts: 689

Do you mean "Ursula", Leslee? Wink

October 23, 2013
12:46 pm
lunazure

HEY the dead arises...... in Roseburg OR getting ready to head to California. The last two nights were wonderful, Justin appears to be back I'd say about 98%. He's still favoring his voice and Julie and John sometimes help him out..... but the last two night, Justin has been in a very good mood..... he finally relaxed about half way through Portland and got downright goofy (fun :)

I have tonnes of notes and photos.... best has to be Justin in a canary yellow sports shirt that was just marvelous.... normally I don't say "yummy" but it might be applicable there.

John let me touch his guitar at the end last night!!!

Lots of grins and smiles.... I think John was deliberately hitting wrong notes in "You and Me" last night, shame on him.... there was Justin working SO hard on that fret work and John was sabotaging it. I think. My ears aren't THAT blown out. ??? Sigh, band humor!

Not going to spent much time here (too much to see and do today!!!!) but IF Justin happens to be reading..... I asked a question about lyrics "Lazy Day" in the Storyteller questions, if it comes around in San Francisco, you don't have to answer it, 'cause I figured it out on the road..... :) Makes more sense. What a sweet song!

Hugs to all. Everyone being good boys and girls out here as far as I know!! ;) I'm happy for the band, 'cause I think they only have two more hotel rooms to go!!!!

leslee, I'll check BART news before logging off here, but remember our plan! Don't worry we'll find SJ tickets, but if you find a good single, go for it!!!

Luna, out there somewhere, fighting the good fight with slow internet and flakey gear....

"It's woood!" --Ursula Squid

PS leslee the BART strike is OFF, over hopefully to stay that way.... http://www.usatoday.com/story/.....y/3096849/

HURRAH FOR ALL DOING THE CITY!!!!! Slide it out to Martinez..... call if you can! PLEASE don't make me drive in west Bay anymore than I have to!!!!! whimper whine

OH pps I found a new friend, Martha who is also doing a bunch of shows, we keep getting seats next to each other. I love our generation, we all think alike.... it's marvelous!

October 23, 2013
7:21 pm
Pammypoo

Thanks for checkin in, luna!!!
Sounds like your flying high, on top of the world...and so enjoying this much needed Moodies vacay!!
For all going to the coming shows, be safe, keep smilin no matter what snafus trip you up.
When all is said and done you are going to be seeing the Moodies, hearing music that makes you happy, meeting up with old and maybe making new friends.
Have a blast!! We're with you in spirit.
L...p

October 24, 2013
2:29 pm
lunazure

Yep it's a five day virus. Five days ago we did the Seattle backstage tour, and were sharing air space with the crew, so now *I* have it. I'm going right up to swallow some Vitamin C and pray for surf.

It IS Nice..... I've never done this many shows together before (7 if we can wing tickets to San Jose) it's a good feeling to know the Moodies will be there later tonight. This is the Marin evening, unless I've lost my mind, it's in a little theatre that was built as part of the County Courthouse complex, all designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. I was there as a very small girl, maybe in 1963?? I'm not sure the theatre was even built yet. It was a big deal, the first time we'd seen the Golden Gate. A cloudy day too. So far the weather is looking good, and hoping for a lovely evening and day.

It's nice and big backstage as I recall, did Marin County ballet costumes there in the mid 70's.

NOW to round up leslee!!! She's somewhere in Denver or in the air. I'm not sure I'll ever fly to see another Moody show, driving on the ground has just been too much fun and too lovely. What a great time of year to be traveling!!!!!

PS just saying..... I don't think the band was very happy (from the body language during the show) with three folks openly videoing in the front rows in Portland. Probably the same folks who had lurked in their hotel lobby all day. Not being mean, or mentioning names... but just saying..... you might want to be a little more polite and discrete with the videos. I wonder how many videos is "enough"?

Hope the band had a great day off, I sure did!!! Lots of things to see and do besides Moodies.

PS if the band is reading (you vain things, reading your reviews.... I know how performers are) please please consider putting back in a slow ballad? Driftwood or NCTD?? I miss them.... Justin's voice seems much better. Please?

October 25, 2013
3:15 am
lunazure

Ah well, same line up, thought I'd dash off something while leslee is upstairs hogging the bath ;) Show tonight was good.... Justin again wore that new yellow sleeved sports shirt (seems a deep canary yellow, not mango.... shrug) Justin was a little croaky and thankfully John stepped up to the plate on IKYOTS and helped with high notes. Warmed up by "Nights". Everyone looked a little tired, considering they had a day off yesterday.... A friend of mine, rebecca and I hopped up to more or less front row, we were in general VIp section.

I think they all might have felt a little lost, that was a pretty big stage. Mostly a full house, business is good. John's guitar work was excellent tonight, likewise Justin.

Not to make a big deal out of it, but Justin apparently hurt a finger and was grimacing a bit over it... he was ok by the end. Those things happen to guitar players.

Security was a little odd when they loaded up, no barriers or anything.... I guess they figured we were a harmless crowd. People are pretty mellow in Marin. Alan was a sweety and came over to say hi to me and leslee.

Sound was too loud first half, they turned it down for second. It sounded quite different through earplugs.

Tired, catch you all on the flip flop... Wink

October 26, 2013
10:44 am
lunazure

Greetings from the Beautiful Bay! Last night was great, the view from the hill was quite lovely..... the Storyteller got down right silly toward the end.... the band was all up, chipper, happy. The show itself was in one of the coolest theateres I've seen them in, great architecture inside and the lighting crew took full advantage of it. It was a real hippy crowd too, very happy and enthused about it. I'd say Justin's voice was about 97% tonight, it was about 89% in Marin (San Rafael). leslee and I had a great time walking around the City prior too.... whew what a tough climb it was getting up there!!! Band is happy, therefore we are all happy! Wink

Everyone behave in Reno.... see ya all later....

It's a beautiful morning, think I'll go outside, and just smiiiiille!!!!

October 29, 2013
8:51 am
UturpAbleu
Forum Posts: 20

San Francisco was definitely the better show of the two. Price for parking was outrageous at $30. Getting there was a headache even with 2 GPS' and printed instructions, all slightly different. I love San Francisco, though, and always enjoy the area. The crowd was quite enthusiastic, though not many standers/dancers. I did see one enthusiastic dancer over by luna at the end and know there were several behind me, somewhere. One lady dressed in steampunk style came down the aisle to my left at some point. Not sure what she did as she was taking a bow and tipping her hat by the time I saw her. Very cool outfit! The couple sitting next to me had interesting stories to tell since the wife of the pair used to follow the band on tour in the 60's/70's. All in all, it was a fun show and lovely performance.

October 31, 2013
7:31 am
Melani
Forum Posts: 11

Awesome show indeed in San Fran. Luna, didn't know you were there!

Well Martha, Mandy, Roma and I made an impulse drive from Reno to SFO to take in the show, and we were not disappointed! It was truly worth the 5+ hours to drive.... singing along the way! Yes, the lady with the hat, dancing in the aisle was a trip! She was about 2 rows behind us and singing her heart out. Loved it! A character and not shy about it. But this was San Francisco! wouldnt expect any less!

So lovely to see you Yvonne... and even more excited to share SFO and RNO with my posse! My new "water moccasins". (Inside joke)

Last two shows this weekend... Who's going??

melani Wink

October 31, 2013
1:51 pm
lunazure

HEY miss Melly! I'm sorry I missed you!!! I did paso robles, then turned around and headed home, got to portland last night about 10 pm. Had a blast, much more to come notes wise. Hey did anyone see the San Diego show last night (that WAS the show last night????) and did justin find his contacts again???

Please keep us updated Melly!

John's family was at Paso Robles, and he was the happiest I've seen him yet on tour..... :)

I think I met the nice lady with the top hat in San Francisco, she was a good egg. I was over dancing on top of the running board, almost.

Pity me I have to clean out my car Strider tonight..... what a wreck!!! Confused

November 1, 2013
9:17 am
leslee

Do write, as the post reads cryptically to me. Did you steal Justin's contacts? What? Does poor Strider still smell like onions? I took my shoes with me. Really.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0