Widget ImageFall 2016 | News and Info | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Fall 2016
February 8, 2016
3:33 pm
nancyg
Forum Posts: 5192
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Per Ticketmaster----Nov 3rd Star Plaza Merriville IN Internet Presale begins Fri Feb 12th 10 AM CST; General Public sales begins Sat Feb 13th 12PM CST

It's good to know that there will be a fall tour. Was wondering about that.

February 8, 2016
7:12 pm
moodyballetdancer
Forum Posts: 689

Thanks, Nancy. See you there?

February 9, 2016
2:56 am
nancyg

Right now I plan to go. I already have hotel reservations. Will have to plan things out since it is 40 miles from Midway.

February 9, 2016
7:36 pm
moodyballetdancer
Forum Posts: 689

Talk to me 'back channel' as Lunazure loves to say. It's about 50 minutes for me to get to Midway. It's a straight shot out of Illinois from there to Merrillville already south enough from Lake Michigan. Let's see if they add Riverside or Pabst in Milwaukee before or after. I'll stay at the Radisson on a corporate discount with a friend.

February 10, 2016
4:43 am
nancyg

Will send you a message. I would be very happy if they play in Milwaukee again. That was loads of fun. Maybe they could play two dates that would be wonderful!

February 11, 2016
7:22 am
nancyg

Per Ticketmaster VIP presales for Merrillvile begins today at 10AM CST

February 12, 2016
11:07 am
nancyg

Per venue email Password for today's Internet Sales Is STAR1

February 25, 2016
12:57 am
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

Fargo ND and Las Vegas have been added to the Fall tour. You should check locally for the dates... both dates in October i think.

Sorry I'm not more specific, too far for me to go, but hope to keep people up to date who check here for info. The admin is a little sluggish getting the word out sometimes.

October 28, 2016
8:46 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

So, as I said. I used my tickets as scratch paper so as not to let them go to waste. But things eventually came together, with lots of miracles, as they say.

What do I remember?

I tried to be really good and not stare at Justin all the time - even though I wanted to.

Norda continues to wear baffo outfits that take awhile to figure out. She and Julie wore funky bell bottoms. Graeme had a beautiful blue and silver shirt. John has either one or two black jackets. At first it looks woven with blue, and then it looks woven with purple. I didn't check to see if the color was consistent through a set and changed for the other or not. He has light blue suede shoes with red or leather ties. Alan wears grungy stuff - like pants with big white X's laced up the side and a big medallion necklace. Justin wore the white or uber-faded jeans and a navy sweatshirt with the silver Adidas shoes. I've had a thing for silver shoes, so that's swell. Billy dresses normally enough I don't remember any of his outfits. He was wandering around in the audience before one of the shows, had to call somebody on their cell phone to locate him.

Graeme said he had had a stroke in May. I didn't know that. Then, he wears an oxygen mask at times. That was sad. It made me feel like we were all soldiers in the war of life.

John was funny. He counted the balconies one night. The theatre was rather steep. During "IKYOTS," when Justin sang, "And somehow I'll return again to you," John pretended he was beating his wristwatch. Again, I laughed, as I have often resisted the impulse to do the same. I mean, thirty years is a long time; but it would be unseemly for me to even mention I thought about this.

Norda forgot her tambourine for the encore and then, in self-parody, snuck around the front of Julie's keyboard to snatch it. Then, returning behind the keyboard, she nodded her head side-to-side as if saying, "I'm a dork."

Justin wanted to give his pick to somebody in particular, but it was intercepted. Justin asked the interceptor to kindly give it to the lady, and the interceptor complied. That was nice of everybody.

Justin was talking to a lot of people in the audience. I can't hear him or read his lips; but I could hear all the weird comments John made. In Cedar Rapids, he mentioned Woodstock, but the crowd didn't roar. He mentioned the Isle of Wight, same silence; so he tried "Cedar Rapids!"

At Rockford, the place seemed full of stoners. I was actually uncomfortable enough at times to wonder, "What am I doing here?" This one dude came to the front of the stage and started making gross grabbing gestures at the lady performers. Chuck, the guy two seats down from me, then took it upon himself play usher and get the dude outside the pit. Chivalry remains.

The lighting is much better, methinks. I was actually watching the show instead of staring at refraction patterns on my contact lenses.

Four of us waited by the buses after one show, and Justin came out and waved to us.

What do I remember about Justin on stage? Let's see. I looked at him and then

October 30, 2016
1:45 am
lunazure

Nice review, I plan to steal it and repost it. WHAT SHOWS again? Rockford and ???? Hope you don't mind. I can always erase of course. I'm very glad you got to get to one. I'm crossing my fingers that something comes west in the next six months.... it was just too far to go in the winter, with a chance of snow in the Rockies. I'm very glad Justin has decided to find some new stage clothing.

Not going to respond to that trail off at the end. I'm not sure Justin is actually saying anything to people in the audience. I HAVE heard him talk from stage off mike before and you can hear him fine. When he looks at you and moves his lips, I think sometimes he's bored and just messing with you. Diabolical IMHO. Confused

I SHOULD use my tickets for scratch paper. I was so off yesterday I showed up at the Tull concert with my Donovan ticket neatly tucked into my purse, which was a week or so ago. Thankfully the nice girl in the ticket booth was able to look me up and reprint my ticket, no worries.

Have you seen Alice Through the Looking Glass yet? Alice is grown up, and is wearing a lady mandarin costume, really nice. The silk in it keeps changing color... purple then red then cobalt blue. I am thinking there may be a new silken fabric on the market that DOES change colors, even more radically than normal fabrics, under changing lights. I've been puzzling over it (watched the DVD three times so far, so much in it, you have to re-watch a few times) it would be just like John to do this. Justin has done this too, he wore a yellow tee that changed to mango color under lights. Moire taffeta also changes colors radically under stage lighting.

Stage lighting can be very magical if you're a swift costumer. I am not worthy.

Aha. The fabric changes color with body heat.

http://www.bodyfaders.com/shop.....ategory=29

October 30, 2016
4:36 pm
leslee

I don't watch movies as a general rule. I watched "Atlas Shrugged" I & II, but that was for review. I went with the same guy to both shows. We were both libertarian and both wrote for local papers. So, we went and then went out to dinner so he could debrief me, use up all my wisdom, and leave me with aught but second-rate content for my review. It's OK. He's one of few people who lets me sing in his car; actually likes my Olivia Newton-John parody. Weird. Well, I enjoyed I & II enough I never bothered with III. I don't sit well for long spells unless ISAJ.

October 31, 2016
1:38 am
lunazure

I bought all three, own the DVDs. I enjoyed some of the cinematography, it was a noble attempt for all movies, there was acceptable sci fi elements to it. BUT they allowed a few cheezy bits to stay a little too cheezy IMHO. The young man they cast as John Galt was right on looks wise for sure.

There were a few recognizable actors, some from Star Trek that I enjoyed too.

Over the years I've talked to a LOT of people of all political breeds.... one thing seems common to all problems, and is the solution. That is cheap, easy-to-get power, such as a static generator. The entire book is centered on that. I think we will reach that point (some may already have done) probably by the efforts of one genius. When marketed, it will be taxed beyond belief, and people who want benefits for free (and call the inventor a greedy pig) will camp on his doorstep, block development and insist they are being suppressed. THAT seems to be human nature.

We have yet to have the tech breakthrough that is needed for such a utopia to arise, and libertarian-ism probably won't work until then either. Many of the same principles in Atlas Shrugged repeat in other stories. It's not exclusive to Ayn Rand.

gotta hit the hay.... I'm writing too terse. Sorry. I read all the Ayn Rand books soooo long ago...

November 6, 2016
6:55 pm
leslee

I'm much more shallow than you. I interpreted Atlas Shrugged to be about classical liberalism, as were the other Ayn Rand books. I read her nonfiction backwards, chapter by chapter so as not to get hoodwinked, and quite adored it all. After years of hearing, "How can you be a Libertarian if you've never read 'Atlas Shurgged'?" I buckled and read it and enjoyed it.

I support the themes I interpreted: Too much power in one place is bad, people must assert their own reason rather than relying on others to think for them, government should not be pay-for-play, coercion is evil, the absence of reason is evil, cooperation should be voluntary, centralized control gets corrupted and things get botched when left to bribable/disengaged goons with no reward for doing good or evil but going by the book.

I liked the character sketches. Dagny and Hank were kinda slow, willing to fight the corruption to the bitter end and thus only becoming fodder to fuel the evil people. The others jumped way earlier. I consider myself like Eddie - too dense to get it but dedicated to the cause nonetheless. (I'm thinking about how the varying individual delays in realizing it is necessary to assemble elsewhere under another banner when all went to Hades played out during the recent election, but I've said enough for an apolitical web site.) One could almost put names from today's scene on the cronies.

I doubted at first her assertion about alcoholism growing as the economy tanked. The economy of course tanked as rent-seeking became more lucrative than production. But man if beer isn't such the in thing here as the economy remains stagnant in pre-1970s poverty.

I'm embarrassed to admit I read the love scenes, but I liked her idea of romance being intellectually-driven. I forgive Rand for all the cigarettes. It was her way of illustrating man controlling fire. Mum couldn't stand Rand because she was immoral and atheist. I hold my nose on the immorality and say her criticisms of established religion were just and true. Weird rituals and mind control, dominance and submission, have nothing to do with my Higher Power.

Yeah. Most people I know are like you, and read Rand in the third grade and dismissed it as hogwash. I'm still enamored. Otay. nuff said.

What were we talking about? Oh. I heard a rumor from two people. Maybe they were trying to snow me, but they said a guitar tech said John and Justin would do solo tours this coming spring. The auto mechanic told me another rumor. When he found out I was from North Carolina, he asked, "Did you hear the rumor about butter in North Carolina?" After I replied in the negatory, he said, "Well, I'd better not spread it around." Hahahahahahaha.

[Had to edit. I malaprop when sleepless.]

November 6, 2016
10:12 pm
lunazure

The original Mrs. Malaprop was hilarious.... you should read the play. School for Scandal I think.

Rand went through the Russian Revolution and the alcoholism was direct observation, as progressive government killed initiative, production went down, and people crawled into bottles. Government was run by a handful of people who operated on social pull rather than intelligence or ability to create/produce. People went on spiritual and intellectual strike, albeit as drunks. *We the Living* is a very graphic novel about her experiences. I should read that one again. I think Rand's work was worthy, I just don't dwell on it. I sorta "jumped off the brain train" a long time ago. Comes of having your brain picked to help others get ahead. I focus on teaching the young how to think. My son managed to absorb my attitude and has gone to work for the IRS... . right under their noses.

The cigarettes and the dollar sign was a masterful plot device. I don't smoke myself, but I never criticize.

Your commentary on religion is perfect. Ritual of established church is there to comfort the fearful IMHO, or to make contact with others socially. Higher power is the most important part of it.

Sure a lot of crystal balls out there on predicting the election. Should be a very interesting night.

Solo spring American tours for John and Co, and Justin and Co, is a rational guess. Mike Dawes doesn't have anything planned so far. Graeme DID say the whole Moody Blues shebang will be doing 50 year tour in "early summer" on his FB.

November 7, 2016
1:18 am
leslee

I agree with the above Randroids. I don't know that I obsess so much as I integrated what I learned from Rand into my belief system.

Here's a short synopsis of odds and sods:

Overall, the concerts didn’t disappoint. For the most part, everything was executed with technical precision and duplicated any other concert. Following are some things that strayed from the norm.

The first night got off to a bad start. I was in front and I thought Justin looked straight at me and shook his head no as if to say, “Whatever you’re thinking, the answer is no.” I went into Radiohead mode and my creep complex remained the rest of the night. He continued to mouth stuff here and there and seemed to acknowledge a lot of friendly faces in the crowd that night and the next. The third night, he stared at the back of the venue most of the time.

Justin seriously attacked some notes (high specific impulse). A couple times, Justin acted like he had a sore shoulder, wincing when he hefted his guitar. He has what looks like a small, red, metallic cylinder by his water bottles.

I was too close to the stage the first night. Whenever anybody came to our side, I had to look into my lap, as it seemed rude to look at anybody from that angle. I couldn’t really stare at Justin. It would have been uncomfortable from that range.

I usually got behind a TV baby. Twice, I was beside a shrill whistler. The second dude was causing my ear drum to vibrate at macroscopic frequencies. Not good. I was happy he was so happy he wanted to make that much noise, so I couldn’t complain.

I don’t like to stand up for several reasons, among which are that I’m tall and I feel like I’m trying to call attention to myself. I don’t dance, so I look like a big, ugly stick in the mud. Most girls can get away with it though. They’re petite and they know how to dance and it works with the show. When I was in front, I was down in the corner, and so I couldn’t see anybody on the stage when the folks next to me stood. I was also in front of the handicapped section, and those people weren’t going to stand up if I did. So, I did the unconscionable and stood up to watch the show. I think I will always feel bad about that.

Graeme gave his drumsticks to a kid in the handicap section who was the epitome of gratitude. The look on his face was incomparable. Later, the crowd was cheering and I turned to see he was on the stage, holding the sticks aloft, taking a bow for the crowd, still exuding joy like no other.

One night, when Justin does the infinite sustain thingy with his guitar in “Higher and Higher,” it sounded a couple octaves lower and played in a slow wave. I don’t know how that happened. I was impressed at Justin’s nonchalant string bending. He just does it, unlike other guitar heroes who act like they’re lifting a car to do it. His guitar dropped out to my ears for one song, but nobody else seemed to miss anything.

During “Gypsy,” there was silence in the vocals for the biggest scream thing, for lack of a better word. John haltingly moved to the mic to fill in. Justin kept looking back at Julie. Then, he shrugged, as if to say to Julie that he thought she was going to pick it up, but it was OK and then gestured/mouthed to John that it was OK.

Justin was singing all of “Question” two nights. During “Nights in White Satin,” his voice was unbelievably clear and strong. I cried the third night it was so good.

“Meanwhile” was always nice. Echoing in my mind are Norda’s non-sequitur ending for it and Justin’s “Who-a-o-a-o-a-o-a-oh,” during “Say It with Love.”

For the encore, Alan would signal to the audience to get louder until somebody would make an obnoxiously loud noise. Then he’d signal all right with the thumb and forefinger together in an O. One night, there was a noise and Norda scurried as if to shut off the keyboard. She and Julie nodded together and scan-pointed in synch. It was cute.

In Merrillville, the CEO of the venue went on stage before the show and announced the board of directors had decided four hours before the show that they were not going to tear the Star Theater down as had previously been planned. The crowd roared. So, when Graeme came down to talk, he mentioned it again, but there was no response. “That didn’t go over well,” said he, or something like that. He tried again and then said, “Go ahead. Talk amongst yourselves.” He was so right. I had to laugh.

Outfits: Justin wore a dark button-down shirt and black slacks with plain light brown loafers two nights. When I was close to the stage, I was impressed by the fabric of the slacks – it flowed and seemed impossible to wrinkle. He wore the black sweatshirt cut sweater with white jeans and the silver Adidas shows the other. John wore black jeans. I decided he did have two coats or maybe one reversible coat, but it was definitely blue for one segment and violet for the other. He wore his blue suede shoes at least once. Graeme wore black jeans and loud shirts. One night he had his pretty blue and silver shirt.

Norda was back to black bottoms, may have had white jeans one night, and camisoles of questionable cuts and a jacket that she would later take off. Julie wore sleeveless smocks. Twice she wore hip boots with about 7 inches of heel. She walks perfectly in them. One night, she wore them with a balloon skirt and leather top. The last night, she wore them with her plaid mini dress with coat tails. Alan was invisible mostly. One night, I thought he wore a muscle shirt, but strained to see he didn’t, as it seemed that would have been a fashion mistake for his look. I made a point to see what Billy was wearing one night, since it never catches my attention. It was a dark button-down top and dark pants.

Julie’s hair was pretty the third night. It looked kind of like Justin’s. Norda wore the wetlook. Justin’s hair is always perfect. John’s is back to the fuller look.

The lights continued to be very good. I was so happy to be able to see the guys on stage instead of staring at refraction patterns on my contact lenses and trying to guess which of five images was the real Justin. I complimented Mick (sp?), and he said he’d been doing this for I don’t remember how many years, and then added that they did get new lights. The backgrounds were nice and complemented the music. The gingerbread man is still in the tree during “Tuesday Afternoon.”

I don’t think Justin gave any picks away. John gave one away one night and acted as if he was going to also throw his guitar into the audience. I don’t have any use for picks, but a guitar?

The fans were really great, happy, and friendly everywhere. They were really nice when I was worried sick about the car. (The car went on the blitz the day I was supposed to leave. It had just gotten out of the shop two weeks ago, and it refused to start again. I asked the boss if I could borrow his car, and he agreed. Then, the check engine light came on and I feared I’d cracked the engine or something. Folks reassured me and gave me an idea of where I might go for help in the morning.)

Waiting by the buses, the first night just a few hung out. They slowly dissipated. Two girls and I remained. Then, the two girls acted like they were going to leave. I didn’t want to be the only one there, so I left. As I walked back to my car, Justin and his bodyguard (not Udo) came out. I waved and he replied with some niceties I couldn’t make out and proceeded on to where I had been standing. There was a big commotion with about four or so people. I didn’t look back, was too afraid to run back and be a part of the action.

The next night, it rained, so nobody else stood by the buses. One by one the band members came out. All but Billy and Norda politely acknowledged me. Julie struck up a friendly conversation. Finally, two security guards told me everybody was on the bus. It was not so. The bus waited. Justin was not on it. Why couldn’t they just say, “You have to go now?” I left in a huff, feeling all my nightmares had come true. Justin truly did hate me and was refusing to come out until I left.

The other night, we had to stand far from the buses. There was a crowd like there normally is in Chicagoland. When John came out, he did some weird dancing for the cameras. Justin saw the crowd and then rushed beside the bus. He waved to all the folks when he came into view.

November 7, 2016
10:32 pm
lunazure

Wow! You did a LOT of shows! Thank you thank you. PLEASE may I repost them on my blog with your name attached?

Sounds like the usual tour details, but all a little different of course.

I know you're going to be busy, so thank you for all you have done, and your friends too, in NC..... because it IS going to matter. Me stuck out here in WA with the west coast the way it is.... it WON'T matter. But you will. Gonna get out chips and dips for tomorrow night.

Bed early tonight, maybe with a cuppa. The nights are very long here in Seattle.

November 9, 2016
9:32 pm
leslee

Like Moses, you supposes erroneously. I wanted Egg McMuffin to win and regret I didn't do much at all to help. As for my friends, the bosses were all high on one guy. People at church were high on him or the chick. All my Libertarian friends wanted their guy to win. So, I was a loose wheel. A couple ladies at church and some facebook pals said they agreed with me, but nobody agreed enough to take a bumper sticker or pass out literature or anything like that. I might have done much more had my editors been supportive of material supporting somebody besides their guy or if it weren't a conflict of interest for me to contribute content to other outlets. For awhile, though, when the numbers began narrowing and things were lining up for the singular scenario that would work, I thought a miracle was going to happen, and I couldn't believe my eyes. But then it didn't. (I'm trying to take the bait and talk about politics without talking about politics and it isn't working, is it?)

Anything I put on the computer is public domain. Ask Julian Assange.

November 9, 2016
10:03 pm
lunazure

I'm still in shock. NC went GOP I was talking about that, because it was a vote against corruption. That's the central idea. I respect you so much for being involved... like I say, we are west coast and never matter, and I think they stuff ballot boxes anyway, we have a "mail in system" which is very easy to mess with IMHO.

I think it's really childish with the protests and such. No one did that when Obama won. What whiners. Yea I wonder if any of the whiners even voted, or if they just want to cry and make a problem. Very bad taste.

Hillary and Trump you know are acquaintances or were before the election. They are on the same page, we will do what is best and what the people want. Gosh, all three branches of the government will be right wing now, do you realize that???

November 12, 2016
10:00 pm
leslee

I don't realize it, but we're not is-posed to talk politics here.

You give me too much credit, as do most people. I voted and let people yell at me in vain to try to persuade me, and I was blessed not to be brainwashed by all the propaganda here at work. If you hack my email, you can find the articles I filed with the local rag.

Justin has a new album out, as we knew. I didn't realize it was a double album. As I read through the titles, I took a walk down memory lane.

Which reminds me, I had a very special, cosmic kind of experience election night. For a moment, everything came together and I felt there was purpose and meaning and love and all that. Then, through calm, things appeared to unravel. Two days later, I realized the meaning of it all. I had gotten my answer, but it wasn't as I expected. Does that make sense? I could give you full details, but that would only sound loopier.

November 14, 2016
11:04 am
lunazure

No that's ok. It's been pretty weird all right, I'll go with that. We don't always know where fortune and events will lead us, all we can do sometimes is hold on and ride the surf.

There are a lot of fake stories and lies coming out on FB, some for just pure mischief, others with an agenda. I'm not objective enough but mostly I'm hoping anyone reading me understands facts, not fantasies. Information can be sooooo garbled..... especially if read through the eyes of hate or fear. Cry

The full meaning hasn't been seen yet. Let's wait and see.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0