Widget ImageNew Cruise 2018?? | News and Info | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
New Cruise 2018??
May 8, 2016
12:37 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

This from Graeme this morning on FB. Possibly it belongs in the rumor section. That's a loooong way off.... yes many things could change. Confused

hi rascals, enjoying the perfect weather here in fla. had an amusing incident when we were asked to do a cruise in jan. we all said yes then it turned out to be jan 2018 and i had to say "don't know if i'll live that long" i hope to , so guys and gells send me good vibes and a tiny bit of life force. luv gray

May 19, 2016
4:54 am
nancyg
Forum Posts: 5192

MBC has posted 8hrs ago that The Moody Blues are returning to cruise (Sur Ls Mer). "Details coming soon". I am hoping that the cruise is in 2017. Would prefer later month but would definitely go in February.

May 19, 2016
9:31 pm
nancyg

I did just check the MBC website and they are working on things. They are currently doing the mailing list. If you are not currently on it, go on and sign on so you can get emails.

May 27, 2016
9:26 am
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

The cruise is supposed to "journey to the deep Caribbean" and is illustrated with pictures of Atlantis (sunken from the from Blue Jays cover art I might add)?

Eek.

May 27, 2016
8:04 pm
lunazure

Unless it's the Spanish Main, don't bother IMHO. Atlantis my foot. That tells me the Bahamas again, they try to get some mileage out of the Atlantis theme. Atlantis was really probably Santorini/Thera, and that is in the Med.

May 29, 2016
7:30 pm
leslee

For lack of anything better to say:

June 26, 2016
3:38 am
nancyg

I called MBC on Tuesday to gain info as to when they might start alumni sale. Told them I was concerned about being caught traveling holiday weekend and sale starting. She told they hadn't even had a meeting. That since it was a new cruise line for them that they would take it slow and learn about the ship. They need to learn cabin classes and what would be offered for VIP. Once they have meeting they have a crash course learning every thing they start the sales. She said they would not rush things and announce well in advance of sales. Sounds to me like it will awhile before sales(hopefully) since sail date is a long way off.

June 26, 2016
11:57 am
lunazure

It was nice meeting you, Nancy... remember in Tucson? Lady Blue and I discussed this cruise thing ... thankfully nothing was put on sale while Justin's touring was going on, but they have two months to release details now, before more Moody touring goes down. Several people I talked to on the road seemed to think Cozumel MIGHT be on the list for destinations... in which case, count me in! Well I guess we'll see how it goes. That is a very far off date.... anyone who starts dropping money into the cruise maybe should take out insurance on it.... I'll be talking with AAA myself. They took care of me for my UK trip. Hope we get it settled soon, I'm hoping for a trip to Disneyland with my family December 2017 (we want to see Star Wars land, all of us!) so that will be a lot of travel in a short space for me! bllblbbllb

July 3, 2016
2:40 am
lunazure

The latest now is, Jan 2-7 for the cruise, and Cozumel is indeed one of the ports. I'm so happy I'm in the Twilight zone.... Mayan ruins definitely on my bucket list. I think there are groups forming on FB to find room mates that sort of thing... I'm hoping I have a room mate, but I guess we'll all see. This might be a pricey tour! I'm not looking forward to flying all that distance in winter, but maybe there is some way around it.

More to follow I'm sure.

July 3, 2016
7:14 pm
leslee

I won't get out of the country until I get my back taxes paid, but this would be a cool goal, indeed.

It's nice how the folks listened to you about Cozumel.

July 3, 2016
11:03 pm
lunazure

Ah shucks no pyramids. But lots of ruins all along that coast apparently. I should call them I suppose and make sure they are going to do tours to one of the sites. It would be my luck they will have nothing for tourists like a bus or whatever, and I would get lost flogging around in the jungle and speaking the pitiful Spanish I speak. I doubt it was me that made it happen, Cozumel is a real common stop on cruises in the Gulf and I have no idea why they haven't gone before. That first cruise went right past it.

I think I'll brush up on my Spanish.

Call the IRS and talk to them, they have good customer service.

July 4, 2016
9:46 am
leslee

Trust me. I would call the IRS if I thought it would help. Their bureaucrats once gave me five answers for the same question. In my experience, there are long hold times - not appropriate for making on the phone of a place trying to do business. I want an attorney or an accountant so the blame will fall on them if I follow bad advice - and I don't want to deal with H&R Block because they, like my friends who try to tell me how to do my taxes, know less about the tax code than I do. Friends tell me to exempt stuff I clearly know I should not exempt, and H&R went overboard to give me the dumb blonde treatment. They sold me forms for $100 apiece until they ate through my entire refund. Then they kept emailing/calling me to refer my friends to them. Their computers went down when I went in, and they were helpless. The problem is, when you're stupid like me and you know something guys like these don't, it doesn't matter because their personalities are stronger. (It's like the time I went to the hospital when I thought I broke my foot and they gave me every cardiac test in the book, x-rayed the foot of the patient in the next room, discharged me to snickers and laughter, and charged me $1500. I asked for an itemized bill, and it came back with one line item, "emergency services." I called again and said I wanted an itemized bill. They said that was it.) I liked the old days when I could get a copy of the thick book and sit down and read it page by page. Now that everything's on computer, I never know if I'm getting the full story or if I'm reading something that was qualified or offering exemptions in another section or what.

Not to worry. I will watch my pennies and try to get this monster paid down before the next cruise.

July 4, 2016
1:03 pm
lunazure

Tickets start going on sale at the end of July.

Are you trying to tell me you're going on this cruise???

I dunno on IRS, I generally fumble through my own on paper... each year.... once in a while they call and tell me I doofed something up, but they generally do what they darn well please anyway, so I just pay it. 10% of my yearly income seems minor when it comes to keeping the roads fixed, and paying pensions of veterans. Salaries of my fellow military.

July 4, 2016
9:11 pm
leslee

With state taxes, I usually pay 25-30%. I'm an indy contractor, so I pay employer taxes, my own FICA, and now the Obamacare penalty. I blow all my income on food, gas, rent, car repairs, and Moodies tickets. None of those things are deductible, I don't think. The halving of my income back in the recession is not something to which I gently adapted. If I keep talking, maybe the folks out there will do my taxes. Then, I'll take the lowest bid and appoint its author my accountant to answer to the IRS.

Enough of this. We were talking about a cruise with lovely music in warm weather with palm trees.

July 4, 2016
11:36 pm
lunazure

I'm waiting to see what touring happens next year. Not sure how far I'll travel this time, it depends on many things.

If it wasn't the cruise, I'd be going to Tikal in Guatemala anyway. Determined to see Mayan ruins. Somehow.

Looking over my notes, I really had a nice time at that photo shoot in Aberdeen and you and Justin were cold? Gosh that was just right! I don't think Udo was in a jacket either, it must be the German blood and stuff. Viking offspring...

Sitting here in a closed up house NOW it's turned cold, and cloudy. Miserable day for fireworks. Surrounded by pyros...

July 5, 2016
10:37 pm
leslee

If you take me on the cruise, I would ruin some Mayas for you, as I am currently ruining everything within about ten feet.

I was cold, but Justin would have to speak for himself. I'm sorry if I projected in a previous post. It's cold here. Outside, it's nice, but the office is all closed up and air-conditioned. Sometimes, I fantasize about working somewhere where people love summer as much as I do, and we can open the windows. I've always thought fresh air was good for the brain. That is probably why bosses don't want their underlings sniffing any.

July 7, 2016
7:33 am
nancyg

Luna-it was nice meeting you and Martha in Tucson. I think Tucson and Dallas were my favorite shows.

I was glad that MBC delayed the Alumni sale until the end of July. I was worried I would flying or in a hotel without decent internet connections this past holiday. At least this way I can be on my regular computer. It will be interesting to see what the prices are like. It seems the cost goes up with each cruise. I will being no matter. All I know is that everyone should think about giving plenty of travel time to get around snow and ice airport delays. Last cruise there were quite fans that barely made it in time.

July 7, 2016
7:54 pm
lunazure

Hi Nancy! Yes nice meeting you.... I enjoyed Tucson a lot. I plan to go anyway on the cruise. Yes I know it will be expensive.... hoping they keep the prices affordable somehow. I'm still not certain of cabin mates... LOL Wanna room with me, Nancy? I don't think leslee likes water.

Like leslee I think I'm a pariah in the fan base!!!! Laugh

July 22, 2016
6:55 am
nancyg

Hi Luna. MBC still hasn't posted anything yet. Like you I am hoping they keep the prices affordable. Won't bet on it though. I will go anyway. Since the cabins are not that large I enjoy having it to myself.. The luggage tends to be everywhere.

July 22, 2016
1:33 pm
lunazure

I've considered getting a cheapy inside cabin myself. Just waiting to see what rolls out I guess. I'm all for fewer acts and lower price... there are only so many shows you can get to in five days after all.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0