Widget Imagenew Justin video in France | News and Info | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
new Justin video in France
December 8, 2013
3:02 am
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

HEY pretty cool.... this should need no explanations..... thank you to Moody Jill on MBA for finding it. I guess that's Justin's flat.

December 11, 2013
10:29 am
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

The video was too much for me. I regained consciousness three days later.

December 11, 2013
10:33 am
leslee

So, yeah. When I get some time off, I'd love to do a photo recon on it.

December 12, 2013
4:31 pm
justinlove
Forum Posts: 4

Not exactly brand new...this was filmed in 2003. Lovely to see. Be joyful out there.
2 + 10 = 12 unless it's a baker's dozen

December 12, 2013
5:28 pm
leslee

Otay. Then what about the Huffington Post interview that's up, now? It appears to have been conducted between the cruises, so I would assume it is contemporary - except Justin is a time traveler on a timeless flight. I'm so confooooosed. Confused

I think the math thing is a groupie firewall. Girls can't do math without a man, and if they have a man, they won't be chasing Justin.

Oh, it is so hard to feel these answers with my women's intuition, but at least I know the answer is in the top row of the keyboard somewhere.
12 + 8 = 9.
No.
12 + 8 = Britney Spears.
No.
12 + 8 = Ricky Martin.
No.
12 + 8 = Covergirl Lip Gloss.
No.
12 + 8 = A recipe for pecan pie.
Oh, this is so hard!
12 + 8 = 789.
No.

December 13, 2013
10:50 am
lunazure

Y chromosomes do not imply math ability....

Don't get me started. If I have to put up with one more giggling girl in a classroom who whimpers over her fractions, I'll pull my hair out. I try to tell them that when they giggle, their IQ leaks out their ears, but it does no good.

Yeah I meant to put up that the research mavens found the video to be a tad Old but forgot..... IQ leaking out ears again darn....... I sure liked that Greek amphitheater thing, I went to Epidaurus long ago and it was much the same, only larger. Wouldn't you love that in your back yard?? The Moodies played "that area" in the summer of 1968 (July or August), the dates are completely impossible to find.

the addition of the first square, and a prime number, leads miraculously to a third prime number......... put on your thinking caps now........

December 13, 2013
11:45 am
leslee

Please define "first square."

Also, does the word "miraculously" mean the solution must not follow standard maths algorithms?

December 13, 2013
11:46 am
leslee

You derailed me with math! Yes. I want that in the backyard, but I'd invite him inside if I saw him there.

December 13, 2013
3:59 pm
justinlove
Forum Posts: 4

As far as math ability, I can only speak to how it affects me. As an X chromosome whose profession is mired in math, it's a world of perfection (the accounting world? what was I thinking!!??). Work must be perfect, errors are duly discovered and corrected down to the penny. Segue back to topic---recon becomes a piece of cake. Wink No sleep until perfection achieved. The world of numbers may consume my mind, but the world of music, with it's creativity and interpretation, grabs me by the heart, and takes me down the path I so need. Must be why there is so much pleasure at Moody concerts watching and hearing the balance of perfection and cautious abandonment. Loved seeing the video, and wherever his heart takes him, be happy Justin.
9 + 7 = 16, last I checked anyway

December 13, 2013
10:20 pm
leslee

If you don't like 16, I can see if I can get my lobbyist to change that for you - but there must be something in it for me.

Anyhoo, tonight I gained another reason to love Justin. I was storming over sexism and how women are supposed to relate to women. When I was in elementary school, I enjoyed biographies - of baseball players and such. When I got older, I loved to read about explorers - not stories of massacres and conquest, but I enjoyed hearing about how the guys engineered their way across rapids, for example. But I was wrong. I am a woman, so I must relate to women. I should want to read about pioneer women. It is so much more relatable to read about some pioneer who did a cross-stitch. She put the needle in the cloth, and out, and in, and out, and in, and out . . . (four hours later) . . . .

Then, I thought - Hey, Justin likes to read books by women about women. Ha! If he can rebel, so can I. I'll be semi-happy, therefore, until the next reminder about how women are nurturing, instinctive, and intuitive, because they have neither cerebrum nor cerebellum.

Let's go shopping, Barbie! Math is scary.

3 + 10 = a pioneer bonnet
3 + 10 = a strong, bipolar man
3 + 10 = diamonds are a girl's best friend
3 + 10 = email box stuffed with photos of furry kitty cats
3 + 10 = paper clips are confusing
3 + 10 = I feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel I need to call a man to help me solve this.
Got it!

December 14, 2013
2:00 am
lunazure

Oh dear a feminist thread................ you MUST have a pink calculator to do Barbie math. Don't snicker, I see girls with them all the time, and can't keep a straight face.

The first square would be 4, since it's the first real number that actually exists (negative numbers aren't real.... you can't hold it in your hand. It's an accounting figment) and 1 squared doesn't count.....

added to a prime (7) becomes another prime. (11)

I read anything interesting. One of my fave books (actually written by a lesbian dancer) as a kid was (ok don't gag) *On your Toes Susie* and it's a rather good adventure, with architectural bits, and cat fights. I find cat fights as exciting as walks on the Moon. You should read the Harry Potter books. JK Rowling is anything but "girlie" and really vented about St. Valentine's Day in the books......... pretty funny chapter. Alas they left it out of the movie.... Rowling DOES love shoes however.

I just finished The Hobbit movie.......... WOW but too much carnage.... nicely done! And I just finished a book *Captain from Castile* ........ I was rather impressed with the swashbuckling and the take on romance....... not girlie either... .something for both genders.

Ptttttt on pigeon holes!!!!!!!!!!!!11

What number am I? I am an even number, added to myself, then added to the number one less than me for a sum of 17......

jeepers mister! if you triple me, you'll have 18!!!!

December 14, 2013
7:18 am
moodyballetdancer
Forum Posts: 689

lunazure said

Don't get me started. If I have to put up with one more giggling girl in a classroom who whimpers over her fractions, I'll pull my hair out. .

Seems to be your 'thing'...or possibly someone else's (hair). Like on cruises or anywhere else when you want to pull on a blonde's head as you've stated. Maybe you should find a new gig? Obviously 'teeching' isn't your thing. Use your 'certificates' and get back into psychotherapy. Pity the fool who finds you.

December 15, 2013
12:19 am
lunazure

Girls in conflict is just fascinating...... got a snotty comment from my daughter in law today, probably the wrong time of the month or something, but I tactfully ignored it rather than yanking her hair.... she has a real bear for a mom, the poor kid. To her, all older women are "threats" and all I did was swing by to say hi. Hope she gets over it someday.... I don't know what makes women bitchy. Ingrained habits perhaps. She's so possessive of my son, she even hates his cat!!! (I rather like the cat, we're friends)

I'm also fascinated, as is Justin apparently, by lesbians (one of my nieces is running with lesbians presently, wonder if it will last.... young people are pretty wild these days) .... and latent lesbians. I have this theory that some fans are working through latency (it's all intermingled with intimacy issues), and since Justin seems so "feminine" in appearance (something which irks him to no end, I'm sure... thus the "I'm a lesbian" crack on the ship. I think) they are all in love with his long blonde hair. Short of shaving his head, I'm afraid he's doomed to cause a swirl of strange hormonal eddies around himself..............

Bonnie, that was a very rude statement, and uncalled for. We're just chatting here. Try again, this time nicer. Say it with love. Go watch *Black Swan* say three Hail Maries, and we'll see ya tomorrow.

Speaking of hair, leslee I've been intending to thank you for that shampoo and creme rinse you left in my car.... where did you find that stuff?? My hair's a little too UNfluffy!!! actually laying smooth for a change... Laugh Now let's veer back on topic. Justin is a very masculine dude IMHO. It's all in the mind anyway.... that's a great video, wish I knew more about it or understood French.

And BTW if anyone reading is lesbian, saying it with respect, I hope this is all ok to post..... folks can be anything they want in private.... not my business! But also not my cup of tea. Pity ME leslee.... I tell people I was in the Navy, and I'm automatically branded lesbian with some, believe it or not!!!! go figure....... Confused

December 15, 2013
11:58 pm
leslee

At the store.

Here's a better question. Laurie thinks she left her camera in my car. I haven't seen it. Did anybody see one at the Scoot & Shoot in St. Louis a year or two ago?

Let's talk about math again. I majored in it because it's a field in which nobody gets hurt and nobody dies. It's just numbers. Application makes history. Ask us a REALLY hard question, luna - like how many strings were on that cello in the Scorps' video? Or, how much more, on average, must the American taxpayer earn in order to fully fund the promises of Abomicare, Social Security, and Medicare/Medicaid without raising income tax rates?

December 16, 2013
1:14 am
lunazure

I don't know about the tax question........ when they snatch 50% I guess I'll get irate.... I'm on the poverty level personally but fortune changes sometimes.... I think compared to other times and places, we have relatively low taxes. But it's the scoop off that concerns me, and the cronyism. The vast amount of money flow in the US government is very scary when you look at the statistics and figures. "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's" etc etc.......... people get what they ask for. As in "be careful WHAT you ask for". Campaign promises make me gag, and I'm about to write a heart felt letter to future president Rubio.... I really like him. Not a BS'er.

ULP we aren't supposed to talk politics on Moody boards. Let's all behave.

Look under the car seat. You'd be surprised what winds up under there, some of it crawls ... I think there's sour milk under mine, thus the nasty stink in the California sun we experienced.

What am I hearing right now? I'm running an old bootleg of the Blue Jays tour back; 20 year old tape. I was almost moved to tears by "Who are You Now" and now I have to play the boxed set and see if it's just as good, only more clear. I'm making a copy as a gift for someone......... you can have one too if you want, leslee. I have a spare tape. My math sense all seems very irrelevant when I listen to good Moodies music. It's just Justin on a guitar, backed up by some strings. Very beautiful. I wonder if the Tompkins brothers would tour again with him solo.... I'd drive to Idaho to hear it.

I really need to tuck this stuff away and get some sleep, work tomorrow.........

FYI.......... I think my boot is another show.

December 17, 2013
1:19 am
leslee

Maybe, but I wouldn't drive to Idaho to see your boot.

December 17, 2013
9:45 am
lunazure

Wrong boot. MAN that's a versatile word... sorta amazing. I thought I did a very nice job on my car boot! :) it was cheap too, and keeps out the road air. AND it's NOT muddy...

December 18, 2013
12:08 am
leslee

Yes. You kicked off your muddy boots while I kicked off my crazy shoes - and hit Ellie in the head when I was dancing with her date - true story.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2655

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110, bomojiy124, Doby1996, Josiaheyes

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0