Widget ImageOld news, Midem, summer 1968: peak hour, TA and Nights. | News and Info | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Old news, Midem, summer 1968: peak hour, TA and Nights.
July 10, 2015
11:39 am
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

It's possible this is the performance that catapulted the band into fame in France.... as I recall, Diana Ross and the Supremes hadn't gotten their backing tape, and the Moodies had all their gear, so they stepped up to the plate.... the rest is history. I love the sets, background and staging all of that. Very candid.

[It's early yet (my brain isn't quite in focus), but I think that's the story, corrections welcome]

Peter Gray just posted it to the Moodyverse on FB: Taran has had it for a while!

http://moodybluesattitude.yuku.com/topic/9644/19680301-Gala-Du-Midem-Moody-Blues-performance-online-vi#.VZ_mJvm8SUQ

July 12, 2015
5:37 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

That was nice, from before everything was so polished. I never realized they were trying to do that with the high harmonies in "Nights." Nice eyelashes, too.

July 13, 2015
3:30 pm
lunazure

Surface appeal............... sigh............... Confused

They were very young puppy dogs there weren't they? But still very professional. I think this was the show they shot to the top with in France, Corrections welcome.

July 14, 2015
11:22 am
leslee

I dunno, but there was that French video that I thought may have been the inspiration of the creator of the IYWD video - the hair, the looks, the white tights. It was probably coinkadink and my aluminium foil hat working overtime.

July 14, 2015
12:47 pm
lunazure

You seem to be in good company with the foil hat. Lots of them out there from my tour through the newsgroups this morning. I recycled mine. It's all good so long as people don't argue over their manifestations.

July 23, 2015
10:13 am
leslee

What? Other people saw glimpses of IYWD in that French vid? Maybe I'm not so crazy. Anyhoo, I'm with you on the manifestations, the stalker experience; which seems to be controlled thanks to the great guys at church, has me professing "Keep your manifestations off my soul," or is that too imposing for today's doublespeak?

July 23, 2015
2:08 pm
lunazure

That is very very good!!! "Keep your manifestations off my soul,"......................

:)

I'm sorta deeply in this process of sorting out.... what happens to the mind when affected by music like this? Long term? To what altered reality do we all proceed???

"Shadows in the darkness just passing through............"

Can we glimpse one another through the dark wings and shades of astral projection? "Misty scene of what might have been" etc.

Are we all going the same direction with the same motivation? I have no idea if this makes sense, but I'm definitely chasing something strange, I've only caught glimpses and I'm not sure what it is. I hope it doesn't turn and bite me, like a cornered wolf. Is it wounded? Is it faking it and leading me away from it's nest? I don't know why I'm chasing it. Or if I should be. Or if those shadows are just shadows, or real helpers and companions. It's like following an exotic bird through the jungle, and it's very difficult on the ground, yet easy for the bird in the canopy. Sometimes you call to the bird, and it will answer and come back to look at YOU.... you ever go birding?

later edit: how funny, I just walked into the yard, there's this huge maple right outside.... there were all these little birds, like the size of *mice* all through it, tweeting and hopping. I think they were babies... like a bunch about 10 of them! It was very delightful! And I had just written the above..... all gone now, flew away. Laugh

July 24, 2015
1:56 pm
leslee

Funny. Walking the Evo this morning, a gray jay grazed close, and then zigzagged tree to tree along our path, kinda in my personal space, but I liked it. I hadn't been that close to a flying bird for about ten years.

Much of the above is too poetic for me to ment even in imagery. The words to the "Western Sky" are an amazing fit to part of my life, much as the bulk of Sur la Mer was. Mr. Hayward's ability to connect people with the spiritual realm makes him an artist of the best kind, in my opinion. He's so groooovy.

July 24, 2015
1:58 pm
leslee

P.S. The above generalization was in no way meant to minimize your experiences. I'm sure they are as poignant and essential in your life as they are in mine - or go I there minimizing again?

July 24, 2015
7:10 pm
lunazure

No you nailed it. Justin tunes into a spiritual need indeed.

February 22, 2018
12:33 pm
leslee

I suppose this fits in with the subject: Lookie! Justin's right up there with the Magic Roundabout. Whatever.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.c.....n_the_sun/

February 22, 2018
6:33 pm
lunazure

LOL Swindon is just far enough from London to make it interesting, and just short of the lovely land of Wales. It's like John Lennon characterized Los Angeles "It's just a place to stop and get a hamburger"................

No one likes living in Swindon or Los Angeles. There are much nicer places to live and not all that far of a drive away. I loved the country to the south of Swindon.... I bet it nice to the north of Swindon too.

February 22, 2018
11:47 pm
leslee

I must admit, I did to Swindon what Justin did to Lubbock. I found it lovely for that reason. It was spring. I recall an idyllic green hill with a cemetery. I was running late, and a guy on a bicycle followed me repeating, "You're not going to make it!" The Magic Roundabout was a let-down after all I'd heard about it. I thought the Engine House was some kind of monastery. That was before I ever heard of Isambard Kingdom Brunel.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0