Widget ImageThe Spring 2014 Tour | News and Info | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
The Spring 2014 Tour
March 9, 2014
4:10 am
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

This turned up on MBA (thank you to them) and in my bottom feeder way, thought we could start a thread for the current tour here. I thought BOTH Justin and John did great vocals on this. You know John has a good voice too. It's just that Justin's voice is so spectacular he's overshadowed. Really really nice. Notice two dudes got up to tinkle right in front of the camera. It goes to show, that some folks go to hear the rock music, and not the ballads.... Driftwood is very close to being my favorite Moody song.

March 9, 2014
4:14 am
lunazure

Here's a link to look at many videos from the show. I know this is a touchy subject for the band, but I very much enjoy these when it's just not possible for me to get to the shows. My thanks to the parties who shared them.

http://moodybluesattitude.yuku.....xwiiIWANdc

March 9, 2014
10:16 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

Hey, if I looked that good, I'd want my face all over the Internet. Likewise If I sang and played that well.

March 9, 2014
10:27 pm
leslee

Would this be a good place to complement the new lighting? They're using these waffle lights that get rid of the refraction nightmare with my contact lenses. It's cheaper for me not to have to tell the eye doctor I need a special lens, 'cuz, you see, I go to rock concerts, and it is frustrating to see my big hero with at least six eyes and have to try to figure out which set is the real one. The resolution is constant for the different frequency mixes, too. I used to like the red light, because the blue would go blurry on me. Are they LED tech? I didn't get a closeup view, but they sure are terrific.

The little R-2 droids were cute, but I would sincerely like to highly compliment whoever was involved in the decision to switch.

March 11, 2014
11:33 pm
lunazure

REALLY???? very cool!!! leslee I bet there are others who have the same problem. I had no idea contacts would do that. Are they polarized against the sun's rays or something? My sunglasses also see some weird rainbows on street signs, and they're very cheap glasses too. Rumor is Justin wears contacts. Used to be a Fresnel used on stage instruments, a "step" lens which cut down on the thickness and the heat. PRIOR to Fresnels we used what we called a Leeko lighting instrument (may have spelled wrong) man they were dinosaurs, that was in the early 70s, HUGE thick glass lenses, hotter than hades if touched. I've been thinking the waffle lights were a bit hard on the camera lens (when you're sneaking a photo from the audience), but if it works for viewers better, it's very good. So you inadvertently had a special effect somewhat like the 3-D movies of yore. This is really really fascinating.

Here's a very nice review from a guy called Swindon Sal............. everyone please thank him, he writes well

http://moodybluesattitude.yuku.....x_R3YWANdc

March 12, 2014
8:09 pm
leslee

My eyes just have too much wrong with them (besides the color). Only recently could I start wearing soft contacts. Before that, I looked like a stoner with bloodshot eyes. My eyes dry out instantly with cigarette smoke or dry ice. In fact, at the last Cleveland show, I got special permission to return to my car to rewet them because I couldn't see squat. Then, one of the lenses peeled off my eye, and I just sat there with it on my eyelashes for the rest of the show. Yes. I remember the murals outside the venue well, as I stared at them enough wondering if I had focus or not.

Now that I can see . . . Hey, did you know Justin was, like, really gorgeous? Yeah, and he does all the guitar techniques the monsters of rock can do, he just doesn't act like a monster when he does it. Oh, and you know what? . . . .

Again, the new lights are super wonderful. Me happy.

I'm nobody, but thank you Swindon Sal.

March 13, 2014
9:14 am
moodytoni2
Forum Posts: 3981

Just in case anyone is interested, we plan on a fan gathering at the Panera Bread next to the Ryman in Nashville, TN around 4:00 before the concert. Hope to see more fans there!!

Toni

March 13, 2014
9:30 pm
lunazure

Keep reading Sal's reports, he added just a smidge. YES now I call that reporting. Huzzah for Sal! MBA also has some very good videos of the Lancaster show... go over and pull them up. I'm too lazy to post the link.......... it was a long day on top of some grisly insomnia.

March 14, 2014
8:58 pm
leslee

Too much Moodies, so little life. I could do this stuff forever, but doodie calls.

March 15, 2014
11:14 am
lunazure

I usually make the rounds twice a day to see what's on other groups, but rarely watch the videos all the way through, there's just too many. They do all look and sound alike after a while, but sometimes they can be outstanding... equipment just gets better and better... amazing.

March 16, 2014
2:45 pm
mushertom
Forum Posts: 60

THIS IS ONLY A TEST. Had it been an actual reply I would have said much more. Yesterday I tried twice to submit a reply and actually got the response that the message had been submitted, but neither ever appeared. What the heck is going on?

March 16, 2014
5:03 pm
melomaniac
Forum Posts: 45

If it's any help, mushertom, I expect that when I hit reply to this note that I won't immediately see it either. There seems to be delay of some sort.
I wonder if Lunazure or Leslee have experienced a delay in seeing their post?
-- Melomaniac

P.S. Wow. This time I could see it. So I edited it to write this P.S. Smile

March 16, 2014
5:32 pm
lunazure

There ARE glitches... quite annoying when something I spent 15 min writing disappears in a puff of smoke. Mostly no, they just post. No delays. It could be your server, your browser, and are you on a Mac? (I do PC)

March 16, 2014
7:18 pm
mushertom

Just tried again - no go. That's about seven or eight tries in the past 2 days. Even tried to start a new topic and that didn't work either. I am on a PC running XP if that makes any difference. Gonna try usoing firefox instead if internet explorer... lets see if that helps.

March 16, 2014
7:27 pm
lunazure

I use Firefox.... rarely use Explorer. Works fine for me 99.7% of the time

March 16, 2014
7:47 pm
mushertom

just tried firefox with the same result. am about to give up, however, if someone wants to send a personal email to mushertom@cox.net, i will return my review of the wallingford show this past friday.

Musher-t.

March 17, 2014
9:58 am
leslee

We have three browsers here. (Yes, at work.) I have to use Google Chrome to get this site to work. It's kind of cool, because nobody else uses it, so I get to keep all my personal favorite pages there. My laptop doesn't like this site, either.

March 18, 2014
9:12 pm
lunazure

Hi, I'm posting this for Musher Tom.... and playing around with the cut and paste functions on this site. It seems to be a program that "learns" and it does not take kindly to large blocks of typing being posted. It's a very powerful SPAM protector. I'm ok with this sorta, since we've had troubles in the past. Let's see if I've gone around it.

Saturday, March 15, 2014

YEAAAAAY! The Wallingford show was last night. Thank goodness it was not Thursday night --- was brutally cold and windy, but last night the temps were in the high 30's and relatively comfortable. The 5000 seat venue was about 300 seats short of being a sellout. Our seats were eleventh row, dead center - not bad without spending a lot more money. The show started 20 minutes late and the crowd was getting antsy. Even I was getting just a bit uneasy that there might some sort of problem but, no, the show finally went on. Justin explained the delay was at the request of the venue management but said no more. The show opened with "Gemini Dream".

During the second song, "Slidezone", Justin backed away from the mic leaving John to the vocals and I thought he might be having a bit of difficulty with his voice. But no, after that he seemed fine and hit all the high notes one would expect. Thankfully absent (at least for me) was "The Other Side of Life" and that hideous video. I did not make a complete set list but I recall as add-ins “Nervous”, “You and Me”, and “Peak Hour”. Graeme recited “Late Lament” prior to “Nights....” and he omitted the step dance featured in "Higher and Higher" but, hey, at 73 years old one does not want to tempt fate and broken bones.

The standing ovation after "Nights in White Satin" was the longest I recall at a show. Perhaps the crowd was sensing this might be the last time we see the band at this venue. One certainly hopes not, but if the band should decide to retire before coming this way again, the members have certainly earned a well deserved rest and retirement. After the band left the stage for the last time, I stood there in front of my seat, leaning on the one in front, rather drained, just staring at the stage as everyone else was filing out.

My lady-friend, Molly, said “Tom, its over... time to go” and brought me back to reality. They are coming to New England this summer (Gilford NH and Hyannis MA) and seem to have three open dates after Hyannis before heading west.

March 18, 2014
9:30 pm
lunazure

[still Musher Tom talking] maybe they will pick up a date at the Mohegan Sun. If so, I'll plan on being there.

bye for now, Musher-T
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OK back to Luna talking now. Musher, that was really interesting getting that to post!!!! I see what you mean. I've had a few kerfluffles with it, but honestly.... I think they COULD step the SPAM blocks down just a teensy bit!!!

I'm also very sad we can't post photos anymore. It's possible the overload with all the massive gallery of "up the nose" photos on the old site was expensive to the fan budget, but once in a while, a little graphic would be fun. If Musher says it's ok, I'll post you a link to his photo he sent. He has some really fine lookin' dogs!!!

Looks cold too.

Tom I think the Great Lakes area might be on the Summer-Fall tour schedule.... it isn't complete yet. I've forgotten where Mohegan is?

I agree, the video to TOSOL IS pretty hideous LaughLaugh I like the song because it's such a departure from their norm, but I think the blue glow sticks sorta disturb them.... not an opinion, I actually heard Graeme shudder over the glow sticks in an elevator once. And I've gotten some disgusted looks from Justin for glow-sticking too. I do it just to p*ss them off anymore, if and when TOSOL turns up. My glow stick is electric, and makes a great flashlight too. Always goes to the shows in my purse no matter what. I might need to dig for my chap stick.

It's very good blues actually. I wish Justin could make his voice sound more sleezy for that song.

March 18, 2014
10:08 pm
mushertom

Thanks for the assist, Luna. I never would have tried that. Go ahead with the pic... folks might enjoy that.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2655

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110, bomojiy124, Doby1996, Josiaheyes

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0