Widget Imagea new interview with Patrick | Patrick | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
a new interview with Patrick
September 28, 2015
8:14 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Patrick Moraz interview. IMHO he's pretty fast and loose with dates. You may have to scroll down to find his comments on the Moody Blues. Here are some "points on the timeline" for you to ponder as you read his sad commentary.

http://travellingeternityroad......gnPoJcqiUQ

The FAX was not commercially available in 1978

Patrick was hired as temp replacement for Mike Pinder when Mike chose not to tour the Octave album, 1979.

LDV did not go into album production until Fall 1980 (mostly due to John working on solo projects, until he and Pip figured they would do better to come together as a band, up until Fall '80 they had just been d**king around off and on in the studio, "Street Cafe" etc. Justin was promoting Nightflight) Patrick was called in for keyboards, apparently no one could find Mike, or he wouldn't come back after having just been there that summer (1980).I think Tara had their first child about the time Pip and John decided to work with the other three on the island. Good intentions, bad timing.

LDV was released in Spring 1981, tour announced, Decca closed its doors, and Mike Pinder sued Decca the same day to establish what his future association with Decca would be. (I don't blame him).

LDV toured in 1981 (with Patrick), the band did not tour in 1982.

During the release/promotion of The Present, Patrick was offered a share of stock in the Moody Blues' company and he turned it down in lieu of a larger paycheck by being a contract musician. This fact is clearly stated in Moodies v. Moraz, 1991/1992. He would have become a member with full legal rights had he signed for the percentage rather than the contract lump sum.

They toured Oz in 1986 or 1987.

Patrick's contract was not renewed in Spring 1991.

July 22, 2018
4:53 am
maitrishah1
Forum Posts: 253

thanx for sharing this post i have read lot of time this topic free gift cards code generator

June 18, 2023
6:02 am
Eastojamson
Forum Posts: 245

I will really appreciate the writer's choice for choosing this excellent article appropriate to my matter.Here is deep description about the article matter which helped me more. paycomonline

June 26, 2023
12:34 pm
Eastojamson
Forum Posts: 245

It's late finding this act. At least, it's a thing to be familiar with that there are such events exist. I agree with your Blog and I will be back to inspect it more in the future so please keep up your act. 강남하이퍼블릭

July 25, 2023
12:23 am
herringbur
Forum Posts: 6

It's late to discover this conduct. At the very least, it's a fact to be aware of the existence of such incidents. geometry dash

August 2, 2023
12:49 am
kiricowell
Forum Posts: 1

I think other site owners should look at this one as a model. It's clean, beautiful, and easy to use, and that's not even talking about the content. You know a lot about this subject! age of war

September 25, 2023
3:14 am
lorde
Forum Posts: 1

Thank you for providing this timeline and context for the Patrick Moraz interview regarding his involvement with the Moody Blues. melon playground

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0