Widget ImageAmateur Psychobabble | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Amateur Psychobabble
June 14, 2014
1:48 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I think a lot of Moodies fans are, to borrow a word from a friend, "seekers." We want to find meaning in life. Many fans are into spiritual stuff. It is therefore not really our thing to go hypey over outfits, guitar technique, or who is looking at whom. And yet we play that game because it brings us closer to the bigger, better things in the universe that we find in the music. And so, I shall dork on, until I am silenced for destroying all conversations on any board.

This post is only a thin veil for a cry for somebody to post some news, and it beats reading about Medicaid reform.

June 14, 2014
8:02 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

be patient grasshopper. I just walked in from Vancouver................ it's really very dirty in my house right now... and I'm hungry....

June 15, 2014
3:34 pm
leslee

You can leave it dirty. I've been eating enough for two. Now, get busy and report. I command you!

June 15, 2014
10:33 pm
lunazure

I'm having really bad flashbacks to my theatre days. I must post cautiously. I'm worried, and I'm upset. Please wait. All will be well in the end.......... Confused

There must be truth there must be love, the world is full of lovers underneath the stars above............

June 16, 2014
10:04 am
leslee

Justin is in love with you, and you are upset? How can you possibly do that? Consider the luck of the schmuck, like me, and count your many blessings............Now, I imagine props dangling precariously overhead............Personally, I"m worried about the Middle East, but we mustn't get into politics, here.

Is that the way we punctuate here in Moody Blueland? I'm trying to learn.......................

Have another on me: ...............................

June 17, 2014
1:32 am
lunazure

If he's in love with me, it's news to me. Confused don't talk like that, it's scary and creepy.

I AM making progress on the notes, but I'm going to sort photos tomorrow, haven't looked at them yet. I worked my last day today, and thought about how much I enjoy little kids, how much they revive me. I'm really knackered after that trip.... long long and I'm still puzzling out the gossip.... it's complex.

Justin dear heart if you're out there reading, you really need to give us geeks in the audience much less to talk about. The gossip train is going nuts. Beady eyes are on you everywhere. On me too, unfortunately, I got bad feedback there too. And on some other folks. Geeeze.... seriously I have to really look over the notes and think it through. Can't just slap stuff up, nor jump to conclusions or swallow all you hear hook line and sinker.

June 17, 2014
11:22 am
leslee

I thought you said he was falling in love with the girls in the front row, of whom you were one. I am, however, prone to misunderstand just about everything. Even more indulgence would be appreciated.

WHAAAAT? I'm sitting here wondering why people aren't going crazy and posting all over about Justin's tour. It was one of the best parts of my life, and only a few people are going gaga over it. I go to Justin's site a few times a day hoping for a new interview, but there is only the old stuff. Most of what was in the interviews was repeated, but it was still fun to read. How I would love to be inundated with too much to talk about from Justin. I am certainly out of the loop.

If all that's going around is gossip, I'll skip it. I'm not sure how people know so much about what they do not see. I'm trapped in this mortal frame kind of thingy.

Swallowing all I hear - now that's a concept.

OK. I'll try to break the ice again.

REVIEW OF YOSHI'S OAKLAND CONCERT FROM TABLE #5

I am happy to report Justin has neither cavities nor signs of metallic fillings on the lingual, upper teeth; and no signs of plaque, gingivitis, or other oral irritation on the palate.

June 17, 2014
11:15 pm
leslee

Um, anybody have a good recipe for chocolate chip cookies?

June 18, 2014
12:58 am
lunazure

Several, but I'm too lazy to dig them out. I recommend the one on the back of the Toll House package.

I'm torn................. there is a concept, that you say "this is the rumor" then you post it, then you refute it, then you turn it around, then you say "Hogwash" and move on with life. This is one of those things where I'll feel bad even saying "this is it and I think it's hogwash because............. "

Sadly the goons in this fan club aren't very thoughtful, they'll read the first "rumor" then run screaming, without reading the follow up. That I think it's garbage. People aren't capable of critical thinking. That it sucks that this happens to Justin. That the man can't have feelings, or is sucked into feeling the way he feels by possibly mischievous entities......... I'm very confused and am thinking of consulting my I Ching, which I haven't done in a long time.

Maybe I'll write someone.... hmmmm I can think of a fan who might have a good perspective. You're not in the rumor train and don't want to be leslee. I am, and I try to even them out and puncture them, give them a reality check. I've been castigated for that very thing........... above all I don't want to cause pain, but methinks this is a case of self inflicted wounds.

I have not looked at photos yet. I'm tired, my eyes hurt, and I have to deal with work tomorrow, do paperwork. That will take up much of the day I think. But I'm back in my walking routine and that feels really super good.

June 18, 2014
9:47 am
leslee

I had another nice, long walk yesterday. I locked Mike Keyes (sp?) in the car. It was another nice walk back, but I had parked the car in a shady spot, and it took half an hour to spring the lock with the right break-in device because I couldn't see worth squat.

I was counseled from an early age to avoid conspiracy theories, and I think rumours fit into the same category. They are what mathematicians refer to as "indeterminate." For those scared away from maths by bad teachers, think of trying to solve 3x + 1 = 2. That's easy. Now, solve 4x + 5y = 12 (over the real numbers). For any x I give you, you can find a y. If I give you another equation, such as y = 0, then we have the matter solved. But now what if I give you another equation: 4a + 2b + 10c + 3d - e + 5f - gh + 0.5i - j + 21k = 31, and I tell you that e = 4?

Well, then you would have far less information than you would if an evil fan (We'll call her leslee.) told you, "Justin is leaving his wife."

As I told you in Stryder (intentionally misspelled), I don't like to listen to what other people have to say about other people, unless it is kind. Some good reasons are:
* People lie.
* Manipulative people tell you things to get you in a position where they can use you.
* They may be testing a suspicion.
* People often misunderstand.
* They misunderstand even more when they are trying to fill in a lot of blanks.
* Many are downright delusional.
* People themselves often don't know what they're doing or why.

So, for the sake of argument, let's start a rumor. Let's say leslee just told you that Mike Dawes is having Justin's baby. First of all, if I were in a proper frame of mind, I would say, "That's nice," and dismiss it. If Justin wants the world to know about his affairs, he can tell us. Most rumours pertain to affairs, which are intimate and personal and desecrated by blabber-mouthing. What happens between two people is their special magic, and it should be gross to all others. Then, I'd just leave it at that.

But since we're psychobabbling on this thread, let's analyze leslee. Is she stable? Is she taking meds that make her "connect the dots"? What started the rumor? As it turned out, she saw both of them go into the men's room at the same time, and, having watched too much TV, she assumed they were going in there for no good. She couldn't see what they were doing - the security guard stopped her from following.

Now, even leslee has doubts, so one way she confirms her suspicions is to drop hints here and there to see if others have gotten clues. So, when she tells you that Mike is having Justin's baby, she is really fishing. Do you have another story that supports the hypothesis? Oh, you do? They were backstage together after the show. Hmmmmm. Somethin's brewin'.

Now, something I am exposed to a lot as a fan is wishes that Justin would leave his wife. It could be leslee is trying to stir something up to get Justin and Marie fighting. Hopefully, to her demented mind, the rumour will get back to the wife, and leslee will have planted a wedge that she will only drive in further. Something I don't understand is how witches expect the men whose lives they ruin to give them love and marriage in return, much like rock stars are always supposed to fall for the groupie with her nose pressed against the glass. We all love imperfectly, but leslee takes the cake.

Now, it could be that leslee harbours delusions about marrying Justin and she saw him looking at you at the last show, even though the spotlight was in his eyes and you were nothing but a black shadow. Evil leslee wants to destroy you, so she starts telling you Justin is gay with a committed partner in the hopes that you'll run off and chase Bon Jovi.

Well, in the end it turned out that Mike and Justin knew leslee's number, and they were intentionally giving her something to talk about. On the tour bus, they dreamed up weird things, like how they'd make lovey-dovey eyes at each other on-stage and sit next to each other in the limo.

Except that they were basing their assumptions on garbage fed them by another fan who wanted leslee to run off and chase Bon Jovi. The real enemy is Fan X - a shape-shifting, faceless entity we always think we find but never do.

Actually, life is way more complicated than that.

I'm a people person, and so even though I love good music, if I go to a live concert, I am going to want some kind of personal interaction. It may be one-way. Justin Hayward makes me high. He is a talented musician not so much from technical prowess as from otherworldly talent. He is indeed a gifted artist whose creations can transform lives. I go to concerts because the music is good for the soul and because I really love what I know about Justin Hayward. That's all I know. If he eats spaghetti, does yoga, or paints Julie's toenails backstage, that is 4him2know. If he wants to share it with the world, I'm all ears.

Surely there was enough to talk about in the sights and sounds of Sunny Southern Cal or paradisiacal Phoenix. For me, the concerts kind of blend together. I soak up the emotion, feel the love, and wake up several times to marvel at the talent, asking, "Did I just hear that?" The enjoyment is personal. It's time to reflect and put things in perspective, connect with things spiritual, and adore a beautiful person who is able to create beautiful art. I love Justin very much, and there is no dirty, dog-fight component to that. It just be's that way.

The morals of the story are:
* Ignore gossip. It can eat you alive.
* Live, love, and expect nothing in return.
* Seek light, not darkness.
* leslee rambles.

June 18, 2014
12:32 pm
leslee

What I was trying to say is, love is its own reward. It is blessing enough to feed the soul. But then, I can say that because I'm an ugly girl and a clown. Ownership and control were never an option.

June 19, 2014
8:56 am
leslee

Doctor! Help! I scared everybody away, and now I am very lonely in here. What did I do? What did I say? I'm such a meanie, but I don't want to be. Is everybody out there working six jobs so they can afford some $400 tickets?

June 22, 2014
8:04 am
lunazure

No doctors here. My doctor has a potty mouth.

All the above is correct about gossip. No worries, I am a veteran of not only theatre, but of the USN. I assure you the gossip mill is beyond belief in both careers........ people lie like dogs. Usually driven by a mad desire to have social power, or they feel out of control themselves and are trying to make an adjustment. Or yes, it's mating season. Trying to sort it all out in regards to my own personal observations, like a good researcher. "Just the facts" as basis for essay. Would you like to proof read?

I don't care about social status. I just want Justin to be happy (then he'll stop writing mopey love ballads, not sure that's a good idea???) I pray for this, and don't care who his opposite number is, so long as she isn't feeling smug and superior. I'd slap any woman who felt that way toward Justin (if I could catch her), he's my hero. Justin has depths of a masculine soul that is only guessed at by most modern feminists. I am constantly in awe of it.

I look forward to a litter between Mike and Justin. They will have magnificent hair. :)

Who the heck is Bon Jovi?

Good morals. We all need them. Differs from individual to individual.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sent draft. Let's take that discussion off line. . . . . . . . please......Confused

June 22, 2014
6:24 pm
leslee

lunazure said

No doctors here. My doctor has a potty mouth.

I'm opting for the penalty, anyway.

lunazure said

All the above is correct about gossip. No worries, I am a veteran of not only theatre, but of the USN. I assure you the gossip mill is beyond belief in both careers........ people lie like dogs. Usually driven by a mad desire to have social power, or they feel out of control themselves and are trying to make an adjustment. Or yes, it's mating season. Trying to sort it all out in regards to my own personal observations, like a good researcher. "Just the facts" as basis for essay. Would you like to proof read?

Ca, ne pas mon genre. Mr. Stalker emailed me only six times last week, each time beginning with, "I know I was told not to contact you . . . ." I tell myself to ignore him, and then I get to feeling there is something in the email that says, "If you part your hair on the side, I'll know you love me," or, "I'll be waiting with a gun for you outside." I am sure I over dramatize.

Well, now he has really filled in the blanks to conclude I don't date because a former colleague of mine, whom I must have dated, was gay. You see, he saw me talking to somebody else in the department and concluded we were dating. It wasn't like we were saying, "Who f*)#)%ed up the oscilloscopes?! I had them working just fine. Then, you came in the lab and nothing works!" or, "I'm going out of town Friday, can we switch labs out this week?" NO! It was all, "Oh, Loverboy! Let's go smoochy-smoochy in the closet because I can't wait until tonight."

It's weird, I never met that kind of mindset until about now, and now it seems to be all over. Is it something in the water?

lunazure said
I don't care about social status. I just want Justin to be happy (then he'll stop writing mopey love ballads, not sure that's a good idea???) I pray for this, and don't care who his opposite number is, so long as she isn't feeling smug and superior. I'd slap any woman who felt that way toward Justin (if I could catch her), he's my hero. Justin has depths of a masculine soul that is only guessed at by most modern feminists. I am constantly in awe of it.

I'm more shallow. I just see Justin or hear his music, and everything's all right.

lunazure said
I look forward to a litter between Mike and Justin. They will have magnificent hair. :)

Did I say that? Oops. I'm so sorry. Gossip is like feathers in the wind. I really meant to say they were going out to get a liter - of milk - for the Lucky Charms. What have I done!

lunazure said
Who the heck is Bon Jovi?

Who is anybody? You ask such hard questions. I think his name is on all those billboards in Florida - maybe.

lunazure said
Good morals. We all need them. Differs from individual to individual.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would call that perfect irony.

lunazure said
Sent draft. Let's take that discussion off line. . . . . . . . please......Confused

I'm frightened to open it. I may stop if I get too offended. Gulp!

June 22, 2014
8:43 pm
lunazure

It's all good............. the feedback eventually fits together.

Psychosis and neurosis is everywhere. The trick is to stay out of it yourself and be happy. One thing you might do with the stalker, is arrange "tea" with you, him and an Elder or someone you both trust, and talk. Be honest and blunt. He's using terrorism technique on you. Many stalkers do, it empowers them. Keep your blinds pulled at night. Carry heavy objects to the car after dark. Otherwise, don't let it get to you, life must go on. Hmmmm good example, Alan did indeed show up at the Troubadour and was kind enough to recognize me and shake hands. He had I presume his wife in tow (I don't know her) Alan has his OWN stalkers, a few, and just wanted to watch the show unbugged. I admire him so much for just DOING it. You can't let that stuff scare you or you'll be timid all your life and let good times pass you by. They just sat in the audience like normal joes. There WAS a VIP section, they didn't use it.

i fill in around gossip with body language. I'm also frequently wrong, and it often doesn't matter in the long run anyway. Gossip (real or not) and body language helps fill out the "personality portrait" of a given person. I do it all the time, but rarely say anything. We all do it all the time, come to think of it, it's called "intuition". I was super glad to meet Krys this time because I had the wrong picture about her.

Sorry, my mind goes to very evil depths. I'm not sure I like it either, but I'm sorta stuck with it. I rarely share, it seems prudent not to.

"Keep Smiling!" -- John Lodge. Laugh

June 23, 2014
8:02 pm
moodyballetdancer
Forum Posts: 689

June 23, 2014
11:33 pm
lunazure

That's good actually. A wee firefly............ I love this movie

June 24, 2014
9:31 am
leslee

Today, I feel like that little frog thing, where each coin is a subtle lie intended to explain away the pursuit of love, peace, and beauty as lust for profit, prestige, or power.

Why dig deeper, when the only truth we know comes so easily? It will prevail, once I get back to my alchemy. But tonight I think I'll roll up. Ha ha. Get out of my brain!

June 24, 2014
10:28 am
lunazure

that movie is super cute, I recommend it to everyone. HE gets turned into a frog, and somehow SHE kisses him (it was supposed to be a princess that kissed him to break the spell of course) and instead SHE turns into a frog too. These two little frogs have to really run for it, and they have an odyssey through swamps and such, meet dangers and friends. Lessons learned. Metaphorical fairy tale stuff. Happy ending of course. Fantastic art and music.... Randy Neuman music, very Cajun. I think he does the voice over of the firefly, this thick Cajun speak. I had never seen a trumpet be used in "jazz" type music before, and it worked marvelous.... really nice arrangements.

June 24, 2014
9:20 pm
leslee

Are those gold coins or butterscotchies out of which he must eat his way?

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2657

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110, bomojiy124

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0