Widget Imageanyone out there? | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
anyone out there?
November 30, 2014
10:51 am
mushertom
Forum Posts: 60
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hey, after several months of not being able to use the forums, seems they are back in service. anyone else out there "watching and waiting"?

November 30, 2014
11:54 am
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

I am indeed here.... thanks for the note.

Well I guess they fixed it. Smile

November 30, 2014
2:00 pm
moodyballetdancer
Forum Posts: 689

Hi, Tom. Lovely to see you again. Despite the 'new user name and password' warning at the top, MBT remembered both of mine and pre-filled all areas.

IF this fan board wanted a 'fresh start'. perhaps removing all previous threads and posts and reorganizing forums would have been the way to go. I'm just glad they've found a 'cure' and I can finally reconnect with friends who are not on social media or other MB boards. Laugh

November 30, 2014
6:22 pm
jen
Forum Posts: 44

mushertom said

Hey, after several months of not being able to use the forums, seems they are back in service. anyone else out there "watching and waiting"?

I am here also. I hope this time around the posts will be less philosophical and more “down to earth”. Laugh

December 1, 2014
9:54 am
lunazure

The moving finger, having writ, moves on..............

If I may make a gentle comment, having spent the Thanksgiving weekend I did...........

You can't always control others around you, nor the world around you, so it's perhaps time to be accepting of differences, and try to learn from those differences. Try smiling and understanding. Smile this is an open forum for EVERYONE.

December 1, 2014
8:12 pm
moodyballetdancer
Forum Posts: 689

Lovely to see you again as well, Jen! What a great way to start the holiday season. Hope Marilyn is doing well with her recovery and you, too. Thanks for the card. Life's too short and fragile to worry about those being 'snarks' on other forums.

December 1, 2014
10:42 pm
mushertom

Yes, I used my original login and password as well. And when I logged-in just now, the site actually remembered and autofilled my information. Well at least the timing seems fortuitous with the spring tour dates announced today. I am planning to attend the show in Wallingford CT. I usually get my tickets via a donation to CT Public Broadcasting. They have always provided good seats. I shouldn't gloat but for the show in Danbury CT this past August I scored tickets via CPTV in the first row dead center on the stage, right in front of Justin. What an experience. At the Ives Concert Park the first row of seats is level with the stage. Easy to imagine the band is playing just for you. Oh, once again I do seem to be one of the rare male posters here...

December 3, 2014
10:24 pm
milkwhitegown
Forum Posts: 190

Checking in to see if I am able to post. Was a member so long ago, forgot forum member name!Embarassed

December 3, 2014
11:52 pm
lunazure

Looks ok to me. Nice to see new names around. :)

December 5, 2014
2:31 pm
jen

moodyballetdancer said

Lovely to see you again as well, Jen! What a great way to start the holiday season. Hope Marilyn is doing well with her recovery and you, too. Thanks for the card. Life's too short and fragile to worry about those being 'snarks' on other forums.

Thanks Bonnie, always great to hear from you. Marilyn is doing well and I am recovering from my eye surgery. Your right about the snarks. Wink

December 5, 2014
8:10 pm
melomaniac
Forum Posts: 45

Yes, I'm out here too. I wondered if they were going to restore the site.

December 6, 2014
11:20 am
moodytoni2
Forum Posts: 3981

I was wondering, also. I just wonder how long this will last??

Toni

December 18, 2014
4:13 pm
mdyballetdancer
Forum Posts: 1

mushertom said

Oh, once again I do seem to be one of the rare male posters here...

"jen" is male, Tom. Those are his initials for his 'real' name.

December 20, 2014
12:55 pm
mushertom

OK, I plead guilty to assuming "jen" was short for Jennifer. Easy assumption to make. Hard to tell from cryptic usernames. But still, the usernames more obviously identifiable as male are few and far between.

Good to see Live Nation is actively promoting the local show here (in CT) in March. Have been hearing 30 second radio spots for several days now. Not that the band has any trouble filling the venue in Wallingford. At last spring's show I looked around and felt there were no more than maybe 100 empty seats in the 5000 seat venue. I attended all three shows in CT this year (Wallingford, Mohegan Sun, Danbury) and all were well attended.

Merry Christmas to all, and enjoy next years tours...

MusherTom

December 20, 2014
10:10 pm
lunazure

Here I thought Jen was Jenjen, who is a rather good writer from Portland. (shrug) it's all good.

I agree, Musher, it's good to see the promotion stepping up. I keep getting those pop up ads about the Moody box sets. Wasted on me since I think I have them all.

How are the dogs? Micco had a huge bite taken out of his throat over Thanksgiving!!!! GEEEZE I hate to see what the raccoon looks like that did it! But he's healing up thanks to a lot of antibiotic cream.

Yes if we don't chat before that, Merry Christmas to all, stay warm, and good luck with all that hurly burly and the presents and the decoration and..... :) some of us still have huge messes in our houses to clean up! Whole truck load going to the Goodwill tomorrow....

Off to consider some hot cocoa......

January 7, 2015
9:26 am
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

May I enter?

January 7, 2015
11:19 am
lunazure

Pedo mellon a mino.......... *

(Say "friend" and enter......)

*did I spell it right?

January 7, 2015
5:52 pm
jen

mushertom said

OK, I plead guilty to assuming "jen" was short for Jennifer. Easy assumption to make. Hard to tell from cryptic usernames. But still, the usernames more obviously identifiable as male are few and far between.

MusherTom

Well I agree with MusherTom and I also would like to see more male posters assuming they could be identified, that would be a good thing.
One thing badly (among others) missing in the "new and improved" MBT web site is an easy accessible membership list and a bio. This would require members to truthfully file out the bio. Not sure that would ever happen. I think this could help prevent misunderstandings between members in our form posts. I have issues navigation the membership profiles section.

Lanazure: I wish I was a writer, I really do but being an electrical engineer will have to do, oh btw my all time favorite hero is the late Carl Sagan.
I met him several times many years ago when he was working at the observatory at Williams Bay. I own and have read ALL of his writings which frankly can be difficult. It took maybe ten years to get the job done. I will be seeing Neil de Grass Tyson give a talk next month, another hero..

January 7, 2015
9:33 pm
lunazure

Sagan is awesome. I've read Dragons of Eden and Contact, both very enjoyable (haven't found time for the others, so many books, so little time!) Dragons of Eden has since been outdated (I think Broca's Brain is too), but it's still worth reading. That's awesome you got to meet him, he seemed very cool.

Not sure I AM a writer. I do a lot of things. Jack of all trades here, happily.

I alas am but a mere mechanical electron pusher, and could barely puzzle out an autopilot. leslee might be on your level with the physics. I do know a transistor from a diode, thankfully.

I don't plan to EVER put my real info on here because I've had troubles with stalkers in the Moody fan base since I got into it in 1991 (that predates the Internet community).

I'm one of those people who feels it doesn't matter if your male or female, so long as you show some simple respect for others on the webs. Gender matters not. This DOES seem to be a female oriented fan base, you might try the FB groups for Mike Pinder and Ray Thomas, there are a lot of dudes on those, nice folks all. Not only did I grow up in Los Angeles, I did my time in the theatre and in the Navy. I pride myself on my witty come backs. But honestly I try to keep it mellow these days. Life is too short.

Cheers.

January 7, 2015
10:46 pm
jen

Just a quick reply as I could take about Sagan for hours.

The book you read are indeed some of his earliest but interesting as the show the reader where his future writing will go.
The most difficult but well worth the effort is The DEMON-HAUNTED WORLD which is a 437 page discussion on sudo-science and religion.
My favorite is SHADOWS of FORGOTTEN ANCESTORS, A Search For Who We Are. Scary stuff sometimes but true. This book has had a huge influence in my life.
Another interesting book and a easy read is DEATH By BLACK HOLE by Neil deGrasse Tyson which unlike its title follows Sagan's brilliant writing style.
Enough of this. I could write forever about these two great scientists and writers.

Back to the music...

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0