Widget ImageBig Disappointment in Denver!! | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Big Disappointment in Denver!!
May 13, 2015
12:27 pm
chewy
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I had front row tickets to the Red Rocks show in Denver on Mother's Day. Due to weather, the show was moved to the Denver Coliseum. They claimed all tickets would be honored, but what they meant to say was that all admission would be honored. My formerly front row tickets were now row 13 tickets!!! Although they had a certain section roped off for those with tickets in the lower rows, it was first come, first serve, general admission. I had paid $475 for my 2 tickets thru a ticket agency, and I flew in al the way from Boston, MA for the show. Whatever genius worked out the logistics of the move, they really screwed up! I have been a loyal fan for 30+ years, have supported the band with hundreds of ticket and merchandise purchases and really felt like I got screwed. If that had happened to the band members would that have been acceptable for them? I think not. I understand the change in venue and accepted that, but they should have put more thought into the seating assignments. I hope that whoever got the 2 seats that I paid for, enjoyed the show!

May 13, 2015
5:41 pm
waller
Forum Posts: 1

Yes, it was definitely a new jerk reaction to move the concert from Red Rocks to the Coliseum; and, was probably based on the weather forecast from the day before. It was very disappointing as Red Rocks could have accommodated things fine the way that the weather actually turned out. All that was needed was warm clothes and a jacket; but, it is Colorado and most of us expect cooler weather at unusual times.

May 14, 2015
10:09 am
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

I would not have been a happy camper. I was afraid that might have been what happened; geometrically, the seating could not have been the same, especially with the weird shape of Red Rocks. I had intended to go, but the work schedule and funds were not going to allow it.

On the bright side, the band could have just canceled the show, sticking all the fans with airline tickets in their hotels with nothing to do. They are better than just about any performing artist I know for keeping their commitments. Remember all the times Justin has sung with laryngitis. Canceling Appleton had everybody freaked out. Graeme knew about the show cancellation the night before. The decision to cancel was probably made more at the executive level than the band level.

If it is any consolation, I could tell you about Port Chester. A loyal fan procured front-row tickets from the venue and sold me one. About a week before the show, the venue called him and said they had accidentally sold him tickets that were for the fan club. They offered a refund or tickets in the loge. He evidently argued with them until he was so stressed out he didn't want to go. He was able to get them to find some seats in the fourth row for both shows, though, and asked if I was interested. I was.

The first show, the seat I had been assigned remained empty. The second night, the fourth-row seat was in the fifth-row, and two songs into the concert, three people came in to claim the two seats next to me. They told me they had my seat, so I ran to the lobby. For about two and a half songs, I was in the lobby screaming and cussing at the box office people. Finally, they established that the person did not have that seat and I could go back. Of course the tickets were comped, so I had no right to complain, but something must be said about failure to honor contracts constituting fraud.

May 14, 2015
7:16 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

I usually seat hop anyway...........

Red Rocks sounded a little too complex for me........ and yes I think it was wise to move the venue indoors, considering the opportunity so many would have had to slip, fall and break legs hips etc. I don't think any of us would enjoy playing musical instruments in 35 degree cold. Gloves are out of the question, believe me. Not to mention the poor electricians who have to hump all those cables-n-snakes. Brrrrr.

I thought of that when I heard about the change in venue.......... that square peg of the Red Rocks amphitheater, fitting into a new place. Probably a lot of opportunists got the front rows, by dedicated line sitting.

I'm very glad I didn't get involved. I can sit home in my housecoat and put on the video! Laugh

May 18, 2015
8:39 am
leslee

You're such a good sport. I have to keep kicking myself. Electronic people in reruns can soothe my nerves, but they're not as thrilling. As always, perchance I am too materialistic and need to tune in to the greater universe where time and space are no object - or maybe they are of eternal consequence and our philosophies are all mixed up. Oh, yeah. Denver. There was no way everybody was going to win, but I think the decision-makers did asbestos anybody could have in that sitchy-ation.

June 19, 2015
11:59 pm
moodyballetdancer
Forum Posts: 689

See you in Chicago and Nashville in September, Leslee? How about St. Louis? Wink

June 20, 2015
10:58 pm
nancyg
Forum Posts: 5192

Like everyone I was disappointed that the moved the venue to the Denver Coliseum, however I do understand the need for it. The snow started earlier the night before than they had predicted and the young girls at my hotel were back at the bar by 8:15 pm. The pictures I saw of Red Rocks the next day showed seats still covered with snow. My gripe would be that it was very hard to get information concerning the change and where are seats would be. Managed to snag Karen early on to let her know most of the VIP people had tickets at call waiting. Got tickets just fine. The mass hysteria was the mad dash to the seats when we were allowed in. I was delayed since I couldn't handle stairs with no railing, but fortunately good friends saved me a seat. I was very pleased when I saw Karen standing in front of my saved seat. She made sure that all the photo-op people were pleased with their seats. The show was fabulous. Was it Red Rocks? No, but they did the best they could at short notice during graduation season Perhaps the Convention Center would have been a better fit (reserved seating) but probably it was booked at the time.

Bonnie---See you in Chicago and Nashville.

June 25, 2015
12:01 pm
leslee

Thanks for asking, Bonnie. I honestly don't know what is going on with my life. It would be nice to call the shots, but the boss, who is ill, was making a tour of his old tromping grounds, with me driving, for a month. My mother is in very bad shape, necessitating my relocation in short order. The parents don't approve of my Moody Blues habit. We shall see what unfolds.

June 25, 2015
12:51 pm
lunazure

leslee do you still have the same email? Mine is josiec5150@gmail.com and there is much I would discuss off line.

Don't worry about family and what they think. Remember, it's your life. Do what you wish quietly so long as it harms no one else nor bugs them. My best wishes to the boss and to your mum.

June 28, 2015
6:03 pm
leslee

Now, everybody will assume we're gossiping. Why not discuss things here? This board is dead. I'll give you my email if you promise to give it to Justin.Wink

June 28, 2015
6:10 pm
lunazure

If and when Justin and I have a moment, I shall Wink

I do have a personal life after all. Just because no one has the cajones to post doesn't mean there's not lots of traffic here!!!! Cool

June 28, 2015
6:17 pm
leslee

Maybe posters are semi-retarded like me. Only about half what I think I post makes it. Should I brush up on my maths or the lively art of conservation?

June 28, 2015
8:14 pm
lunazure

No it's ok. There are a lot of news groups out there for Moodies. I think most people are on facebook. I've been drowning in FB lately so I thought I'd come over here. It seems quieter. I'm trying to post my photos of my trip, and two of the shows (Cardyff and London) but my computer seems beset by worms or slow internet.

Maybe I'll log off and go read a book. Confused

Speaking of rebellious machines (I was and I continue to be beset) I found this interesting. I also think some folks out there are spinning a lot of hooey at times. Having said that, I think I know where that AI is coming from.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/20.....latestnews

The ghost in the machine................. Confused

July 10, 2015
10:10 am
leslee

For the record, I can't follow any links posted on this site anymore, as they have a way of rendering the boss' computer unusable. I'm sure there are less expensive habits out there. I can't even log onto this site from my laptop. Methings the ghost is in all my psychoses rather than in the machine.

January 11, 2016
11:49 pm
lunazure

leslee, you haven't mentioned where you're posting from these days. I'd be interested to know how you are, and where you are. Stay in touch out there.

January 12, 2016
11:17 pm
leslee

I don't think anybody posts their whereabouts. In spite of my histrionic narcissism, I still know this board is not about me. But since you asked, I'm here, and still crazy. Thanks for asking, though. How are you?

January 13, 2016
12:01 am
leslee

Wait. That may have been a serious question, as I have moved - but I took all my problems with me and then some. For example, my private bathroom is shared with who knows how many people. I washed my hair three times and used a whole bottle of Tres Semme conditioner - the huge kind. Not to worry. I think the landlady is compassionate and taking every vagabond in. I can do my part to help with the homeless crisis and hope the code officers don't find out how many people are in the trailer. I'm just afraid I'm gonna step on a needle or pick up some kind of disease if I take a bath. I'm weird that way.

But the biggest problem, since it IS all about me, was not realizing I didn't have a mail box for a month. So, my communications with the IRS about last year's taxes and who knows how many medical bills are "sent back." I'm uninsured, as my Republican friends would eat me alive if I were to get Obamacare. The way the hospital works here is each doctor, each treatment, each facility, each anything is billed from a separate business. The hospital does not keep track of anything except its own facility - the hospitalists are all outsiders. Then, January is the month for renewing my license, taxes, registration, etc. for the car - and who knows where all that paperwork went. The family wasn't too happy that their Christmas presents went up in smoke, but at least they were recovered, which goes to show, Fiji is better at satisfying customers than bureaucracies.

But then, there is one more problem. Remember that time you sent me a card with all those little metallic doodads that fell out when I opened it? One would think I would have cleaned them up a year ago, but no! I found a silver quarter-note on the floor the other day. So, you see, I could never forget you! Wink

January 13, 2016
12:54 am
lunazure

That's a magic quarter note. Touch it to your forehead and think good thoughts.

Well that was a truly cosmic answer, and I am satisfied that you are taking care of yourself. Confused

I don't know what to say about hiding from the IRS. I promise I won't tell my son, but I bet he's looking for you. (seriously) Curiously the military said I didn't have to prove insurance (I found some anyway because I don't like the VA, too many weird experiences) because I'm a vet, and I'm also off the hook as a Native American.

What the heck were you doing in Fiji for Christmas???? Laugh

January 17, 2016
7:31 pm
leslee

Hey, if you could get your bro to set me up with the IRS, that would help. I'm trying to get a fix on how much I owe for medical treatments and taxes before I make any commitments to anybody. I'm thinking it might make sense to hire a private investigator. They have access to stuff like that, don't they?

As an added bonus, when the Internet went down, I couldn't work at the public library, as I never replaced my library card after the last time my purse was stolen. I couldn't get another card because my old address driver's license is not valid, superseded by my change-of-address one, which is wafting around in the USPS processing cycle somewhere, maybe Fiji.

No, I did not go to Fiji. I got a gift box from Fiji from my wonderful parents, who are not in Fiji, either. I wasted $XXX on airfare that cost about four times that after taxes and fees, and then I had to cancel because jerks were going around with knives. I rescheduled when the new venue was booked, for another $XXX, but then the jerks were still running around with knives, so that let the wind out of my sails. I thought I would go anyway, just for the cultural experience, but the boss wanted to buy Christmas presents about an hour and fifteen minutes before I had to get out the door. (I was going to drive yyy miles to catch my flight.) When I called to confirm my flight, they said I had to get to the airport 3 hours early because I was assigned an emergency exit seat, and I could not get a boarding pass online. The boss kept me over an extra hour, I really didn't want to go since my objective was no longer valid. I couldn't get the car over 60 mph for the overnight drive, so I just canceled everything in Tennessee. I spent a lovely day at Johnson City, bought a couple books to read in lieu of an amazing travelogue for my two weekly newspaper articles. Then, I went down to Hendersonville, met the nicest people in the world at Denny's, where I worked like a maniac to read my books, spent some more time at the library. After two days of vacation, I felt like I was playing hooky, so I went back to work.

January 17, 2016
9:49 pm
lunazure

Yeah. Sounds like a pretty busy holiday indeed. If I go to the tropics, it's gonna be Guatemala this year.

Uhmm.... the best thing to do is call the IRS, usually their customer service is helpful if you're semi organized and proactive. They can even arrange installment payments on back taxes. You'll get assigned a case worker who will work with you. I've had very good luck with the IRS, not because my son works there, but because they just seem to be nice, and whatever they "get me on" is usually an honest mistake. After all it's only book keeping, and the roads have to be financed somehow. Tanstaafl. Wink

The last I heard, a lot of people were just going ahead and paying the fine for not having health care, because it was cheaper. The fine is possibly the least expensive option. I honestly can't keep up with it all, all that happened was the problem got more complex.

I'm starting my taxes this weekend, I do them by hand, hard copy off line (my brother loves Turbo tax, I have to listen to him wax and gush over it every year) and usually pay about 10% of my total income when all the poop is boiled out of it. May have to hire someone this year with all my family fallout. I'm thinking I should have bought more gold sovereigns when I was in England now.

Veering neatly back on topic, I bet Justin goes through Denver again with his solo tour. They were having far too much fun there!!!

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0