Widget ImageColors | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Colors
February 28, 2018
2:10 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I seem to be talking about colors here a lot. Maybe it is because it is elementary, common ground, like the weather.

Lately, I've been thinking about how compelling the forsythia are this spring. I stare and lust after that slightly lemon yellow, even though I am not a yellow person. I could almost fall into a tree for staring.

Then, there are the photos on Justin's twitter today. I didn't know he wore gold. Gold and red are two colors I try to avoid because they are so loaded. People want to read a lot into them. I used to wear gold because I thought it went well with my tan, but I've mended my ways. I love the hot pink scarf, though. Hot pink is always nice.

Then, here's another thing that is almost psycho. I used to love gloss black, but then my eyes got so bad, I couldn't see black on black. I kept losing stuff and fearing big, hairy spiders hid in dark corners, laughing at me. Well, I got a silver laptop because I didn't want black. Then, I got a silver keyboard because I didn't want black. Now, even though the B above middle C is broken and I picked up a lighter-weight keyboard in Nashville, I can't get myself to switch the functional one into place because ... it's black. I must get over this irrational fear. My playing is atrophying too much.

Here's another thing. I like beige/off-white rooms, so much that ........

April 2, 2018
9:30 pm
leslee

I like cobalt blue, still.

April 3, 2018
9:59 am
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

My grand daughter really enjoyed the egg dyeing this year... I was pointing to different colors and saying the names. She liked that.

Used to be when we were kids, we'd hide the eggs, then find them and then use them in egg salad.... mom said it was food dye, and we never got sick. NOW I think the cold dyes might not be good to eat, even if the shells are intact. I got sick and dizzy yesterday after having a couple for breakfast.

They just weren't outside all that long. Dang, quite a waste of eggs. Guess I'll squish them up and give to my crows.

We did get one lovely deep blue egg, and the funny thing was it had a "great red spot" like Jupiter. No idea how that got there.

BTW the Flying Monkey tickets are on sale, if you are a "primate"

April 3, 2018
4:11 pm
leslee

I'm broke and schedule-less. May one good seat hold out until I can arrange something.

April 6, 2018
1:31 am
richardx
Forum Posts: 2

Color categories and physical specifications of color are related with objects through the Assignment Writer wavelength of the light that is reflected from them. This reflection is represented by the question's physical properties, for example, light absorption, emission spectra, etc.

April 6, 2018
2:46 pm
leslee

Look for the out-of-context phrase. Hover. Yep.

I appreciate how everybody wants to help me with my math and English, but I can't afford a tutor right now.

April 6, 2018
11:07 pm
leslee
April 8, 2018
1:21 pm
lunazure

You need to see a total eclipse. You'll see colors you didn't know existed... I was shocked. I think we were all actually seeing ultraviolet.

There will be another eclipse in 2020, I'm going to Texas to see if I'm still alive.... if we are still speaking, you should come with. Or is it 2024??? I've forgotten. But I highly recommend it. A TOTAL eclipse. Not a partial. Totally different.

April 8, 2018
1:50 pm
leslee

What did the colors look like?

I'm not sure why that would be. Speaking from an uneducated perspective, the eye sees in visible wavelengths. I can't imagine any mechanism that would empower an occlusion of the sun by the moon to physiologically change the optical bandwidth. Did hospital X-ray machines also emit gamma radiation? Did people listening to radios hear microwaves? I'm skeptical, but I've heard of drugs empowering people to hallucinate colors.

Consider the double rainbow. We see ROYGBV (I don't need to squeeze a perfect seventh color in there unlike my hero Sir Isaac.). Then, there is a space, and then another rainbow begins with the colors all over again. One can only suppose in the gap of ordinary sky between the bows the water droplets are reflecting invisible UV, etc. into our eyes. To my way of thinking, to make you see UV, the eclipse would have had to re-tune the eye, perhaps by shrinking it or tightening the optic nerves at the ?headstock? to make it resonate at higher frequencies and/or it would have to adapt the brain to interpret the new signals it currently filters. Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying.

For the foreseeable future, I'll only travel to see Justin or family. Thanks, though. I was in the zone of totality last time and underwhelmed except for the hospitality of the peeps around.

April 8, 2018
1:55 pm
leslee

P.S. I forgot how cacophonous that album gets. I still love it, and I still wish parts of it would end already. I apologize to the ears of anybody or any essay-writing/game-pushing bot who may have clicked on it. Taking one critic out of context, "The background vocals of “I Do Love You” stayed in [my] subconscious...."

June 11, 2018
8:57 pm
leslee

I saw my first dragon fruit today. Owie kazowie, I'm in love.

June 11, 2018
11:52 pm
lunazure

I saw a very very colorful dragon-cat in Coco today, which is a children's movie. Fascinating. May have to buy it.

Wrinkle in Time was sold out and I want that too. I love movie special effects.

The eclipse pale electric blue light looked like arc welding only you could look at it. Long ago I got a UV treatment too, and it looked like that, the peak I sneaked at it. I figure that gorgeous blue of the heliosphere is usually drowned out by the other light from the sun.

July 6, 2018
8:20 am
maitrishah1
Forum Posts: 253
This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0