Widget ImageDisasters | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Disasters
December 6, 2017
7:35 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Best wishes to Julie as the fires rage.

December 6, 2017
10:27 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

You know who lives in that area, is Bernie.... lot of wealthy people with horses. Those Santa Ana winds come up around Christmas time often, cold and very very windy, dry. This has been one of the worst years I've ever seen in CA. I wonder if they aren't keeping their fire equipment up to good standards. I've had a dim view of management in CA for a long time now.

Last I heard Julie and her husband live in an area a bit to the south of this. Not real sure of course (I"m not THAT big a stalker)

December 9, 2017
8:36 pm
leslee

At least Julie knows where she lives.

Steely Dan had a lyric for every occasion:

December 11, 2017
12:25 am
lunazure

According to Mr. Julie, their house is ok and they are back in it. I'm glad for them. What a horrible loss it would be.

December 12, 2017
12:58 pm
leslee

Yay.

December 18, 2017
12:32 pm
lunazure

The fire does continue tho. Lots of wealthy people living up in those hills. Doesn't matter if you're wealthy or not, or if fire insurance will pay you back... that was your HOME and all your stuff you love in life is gone. Some people had to evacuate twice.

Oh bleep. (gasp) I'm looking at a picture of Amtrak which jumped the rail between Tacoma and Olympia... it's a super pretty area to ride Amtrak along, goes past water and you can see wildlife, pretty trees and such. In this case, a train car jumped the rails and is perched hanging off an overpass, blocking the south bound I5.

We also just had a real live gun fight here in town, it looks like just up the street from my library. The other night I was coming home from my son's house (not far from this point) and there were cops all over the road. I almost detoured far around (looked ugly) but managed to creep past. Sadly there are some drugs and gangs in this area. The good news is, the cops took the fool with the gun out. Glad I was off the streets last night... I must go check my local news... later

I had to do a real live lock down at a High school the other day too... gun threat. Sheesh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OK update. The cops were both shot, apparently a fast thing... but they are ok, thankfully. Perp is dead.

The train is gonna be national news. We are watching traffic cam on King5 and there are ambulances going in, there are casualties and injuries. No numbers yet. This was a high speed run between Tacoma and Portland. Frown

December 19, 2017
10:03 pm
leslee

When I was feeling sorry for myself as my wrist was killing me, I became obsessed with videos on earthquakes. There was one I can't find now, but it was a good documentary. One EMS dude got the call and thought he was going to go and hold a ladder, but when his crew got there, the devastation was so great, they had to go in. Search and rescue people told of giving morphine to folks they knew wouldn't survive, they told of having to choose who would get to go to the hospital. One lady was paralyzed. I really love disaster relief, but like everybody else, I let my work schedule get in the way.

On a personal note of much joy, today was my first day without a wrist brace. Yesterday, driving the boss, I was able to turn the key in the ignition of the car in one stroke, instead of having to turn it halfway, then re-grip it to take it the rest of the way. It is wider than it used to be, but a lot of the strength and range of motion have returned, and the bone is not jutting out like it used to. A miracle must have happened. On the down-side, I won't be strumming "Question" On the guitar anytime soon, but this is sweet. What was that Justin said? Yippee.

December 20, 2017
12:49 am
lunazure

I'm very glad you are healing up.

Getting older is like that, you have to be careful of the joints. Glucosamine seems to help me.

January 25, 2018
9:23 am
leslee

I watched the entire Cedar Park video on Youtube last night, and now I see things were not as they had seemed. I am crushed and devastated. What was the worst day of my life was even worse. I'm so sorry.

January 25, 2018
10:50 am
lunazure

Apparently I missed something, feel free to elaborate. I'm dangling here.

January 26, 2018
1:47 pm
leslee

Short version: I went to Cedar Park. I had an emotional crisis right at the show. Suddenly, I was overwhelmed with how ugly and evil I was. I dress like a prostitute, I wear too much makeup, I stare at Justin until it hurts him, I can't get a decent job, I have no talent, my hair is impossible, I'm too fat, who am I to go to concerts, etc. Then, everything fed into the narrative. I hated myself, Justin was making grumbly faces at me (We all know he's too nice to do that, but I had to spin reality to fit the conclusion.), I spiralled down until I couldn't even look at the stage. I was lowlife crud and I had to get out of there ASAP before the whole planet exploded from my awfulness.

My friend, with whom I went to my first Moodies show in Pine Knob 26 years ago according to her count, assured me I was imagining it all. Justin couldn't know who I was. He couldn't see me. I was making stuff up. She's a professional counselor, but her help was going nowhere. I just needed a good cry. I got a room and saw my eyes were a teal/sage color, like I had cried all the orange out of them. Then, I cried myself to sleep. I couldn't do anything the next day. I only wanted to cry. My greatest love in the world was going to see Justin Hayward live. He always filled me with good vibes that soothe the soul. Now, I really blew it. I acted like a child. Now, the world knew I was bat-poo crazy. There was no crawling back unless I wanted to get into games of codependency like alcoholics play. I'd never see Justin again, but he would be happy.

I tried to take a nap. I was, after all, sleep deprived from the 17-hour drive. As I drifted off to sleep, a lady in a half-dream said the Moodies were trying to cancel the show. I shot up. "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" thought I, "I refuse to be that horrible." I posted a couple pity-party things here and, for who knows what reason, decided to go to Irving and let somebody else be the one to stop bat-poo crazy me from going.

I sat in my seat like the student in time-out. Linda was probably right about me being more invisible than I had supposed, but I still had been a super fool, and I didn't hope for any redemption. I mean, once one demonstrates they can go the distance to be an uber-fool, there's no telling they won't do it another time. I was D-O-N-E.

The band came out, and Justin was, well, Justin. And I lived happily ever after.

Well, I'm killing myself for not arranging my life so I can be in Las Vegas, and I'm sorry I didn't even try to go on the cruise, and I'm feeling rather empty, but I learned a very good lesson that day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt7mtdLha-c

January 26, 2018
1:54 pm
leslee

About half of that song, anyway.

January 26, 2018
9:30 pm
lunazure

Be nicer to yourself.

If you are unhappy, make a list of things YOU can do to improve life.

January 26, 2018
10:15 pm
leslee

Justin cured me. I swear.

January 27, 2018
9:47 pm
leslee

Did life go around a corner or something? This is not like me. The boss gave me bonuses for the last two years today. Then, still having problems getting interested in work, I watched a chick-flick instead and bawled my eyes out. It was 'Twist of Faith' with Toni Braxton.

P.S. I see I wrote "killing" when it was a malapropism for "kicking." Please don't take me away in a little white coat.

January 27, 2018
9:54 pm
leslee

lunazure said

Be nicer to yourself.

If you are unhappy, make a list of things YOU can do to improve life.

I can eat cereal and milk five days a week to save money for concerts.
I can ask for time off work when tickets go on-sale.
I can buy a jack for my car so I won't wind up at the side of the highway on the way to a show.
I can start learning Dutch and Danish.
I can be a good person so I won't have a black cloud over my head at the next concert.
I can ...

January 27, 2018
10:51 pm
leslee

Oh, no. It's almost time for the lights to go down again, and here I sit miles away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5J1mn_u0rM

I've been lyyyyin' to myself.

January 27, 2018
11:01 pm
leslee

That was something.

January 28, 2018
1:10 am
lunazure

{sounds of head banging against the wall]

One of my favorite movies came on last night, The Sixth Sense. I bawled my eyes out at the end, and a few times in the middles. It's not even a chick flick.

January 28, 2018
2:42 pm
leslee

I can't watch scary movies, so I checked the Wikipedia and skipped to the end of the plot summary. It does sound very emotional. Good on you.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0