Widget ImageHave you ever noticed some music is enduring? in someway Universal, 23Not just remakes | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Have you ever noticed some music is enduring? in someway Universal, 23Not just remakes
June 11, 2017
8:54 pm
TreeofLife
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'm a bit cerebral...and a bit of a fan of music. There are just some combinations of sound that we cling to. It's cultural, yes, but I have a feeling it's tied to more than just language and our needs for expression. Humans are story tellers, but maybe the universe has a story, too. If you ever have a chance to listen to sounds (frequencies) made by the universe, I think you'd have a good chuckle but also see how sound is part of life. It cannot ever be separated from it. It depends on it.

August 27, 2017
11:08 pm
magicalbluetail
Forum Posts: 63

TreeofLife said

I'm a bit cerebral...and a bit of a fan of music. There are just some combinations of sound that we cling to. It's cultural, yes, but I have a feeling it's tied to more than just language and our needs for expression. Humans are story tellers, but maybe the universe has a story, too. If you ever have a chance to listen to sounds (frequencies) made by the universe, I think you'd have a good chuckle but also see how sound is part of life. It cannot ever be separated from it. It depends on it.

I have noticed that classical music ( no remakes of any of all those compositions) is in fact enduring. I know many people who will eventually tire of the current groove wave they are riding and go back periodically to..yes..classical. I also know that babies will get quiet and listen to it while they're eyes get wide in horror to the modem headbanging sort. No one has to school them on what music is. They seem to already know. Just an observation of mine over time...
There ARE sounds ( frequencies as you put it) that I've found my self following, per se...that no one else indicated they had been aware of.

Good post of yours.. I'll be posting again soon

August 28, 2017
1:20 am
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

I listen to our very good classical station here in Seattle. Some is pretty meh and so much is really soul satisfying... like Mozart, he goes "tinky tinky" far too much for my taste, and is especially annoying as I often catch "Mozart at 8" on the way to work. Blaugh. But in the afternoon there is someone who puts on Debussy, Vivaldi, Ravel... some of the most sublime classical pieces.... Le Mer sends me to another world it's so beautiful.

I used to dabble in cognitive psychology. Wish I could say there was a reason for that, but there is a surprising lack of research in what sort of music evokes what sort of mood or emotion. Probably because a lot of researchers can't hear music as music... THAT we did do research on, and about 50% of humans can't tell one rhythm from the other.

I think I'm a bit moreinto impressionistic in my music taste, probably if you're hearing a story, you're more lyrical. A good example of lyrical would be Coppelia, which is a ballet. Or the Nutcracker Suite, which yes tells a story. Different eras and genres.

August 29, 2017
12:14 pm
magicalbluetail
Forum Posts: 63

lunazure said

-Mozart, he goes "tinky tinky" far too much for my taste, and is especially annoying as I often catch "Mozart at 8" on the way to work. Blaugh. But in the afternoon there is someone who puts on Debussy, Vivaldi, Ravel... some of the most sublime classical pieces.... Le Mer sends me to another world it's so beautiful.

--Wish I could say there was a reason for that, but there is a surprising lack of research in what sort of music evokes what sort of mood or emotion. Probably because a lot of researchers can't hear music as music... THAT we did do research on, and about 50% of humans can't tell one rhythm from the other.

---I think I'm a bit moreinto impressionistic in my music taste, probably if you're hearing a story, you're more lyrical. A good example of lyrical would be Coppelia, which is a ballet. Or the Nutcracker Suite, which yes tells a story. Different eras and genres.

-What Beethoven said, too LOL (or so go the legends... 😉 )
--True
---Giselle is also a good one, as well not least of all my perennial favorite 🙂 --the Firebird 🙂

June 18, 2018
1:12 pm
alexsharma
Forum Posts: 51
July 6, 2018
8:12 am
maitrishah1
Forum Posts: 253
This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0