Widget ImageIt's Time . . . | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
It's Time . . .
February 17, 2014
4:02 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Report sightings of flowers and other signs of spring here, if you feel like it.

February 18, 2014
11:18 am
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

snow drops coming up in the front yard.... and yes a DAFFODIL. All hail St. David!

February 19, 2014
12:29 pm
leslee

A daffodil! You win.

I saw a teeny birdie outside the window today, quite cute. Then, outdoors I've gotten a couple whiffs of something to make me think the worms might be starting to work again. Nothing definitive.

I am getting butterflies in my stomach thinking about the upcoming tour and tourettes.

February 20, 2014
11:10 am
lunazure

It doesn't quite smell like spring yet (I know what you mean about the worms turning stuff over) but the ground finally thawed out. It was hard as a rock for a week or two. We often get the smell of the sea here (it's close) and you can for sure smell the seasons change from that.

FYI it's a cold miserable windy wet morning in the Sound. I wish I could lay in bed all day, but alas I have to pay for my upcoming trip, so........... heigh ho to work I go........

February 20, 2014
12:58 pm
leslee

I had a long walk to my car this morning, and the weather was outstanding. The skies look like rain. Birdies, including one robin, were in the lawn eating worms. The river has lost its icy tones and is now a thick olive green.

February 20, 2014
2:28 pm
leslee

I spied two days in a row of sweater weather and little fuzzy buds on a deciduous bush. Only one teeny patch of snow remains in the yard.

February 21, 2014
8:59 pm
lunazure

Bulbs are popping up everywhere (we have tonnes in our yard) YES lots of robins, geese are back. Actually we might get snow tomorrow and some slush hit my windshield today, but it doesn't seem too bad. The crocus haven't come up yet, so not QUITE spring........... nor have the maples budded.

February 22, 2014
10:45 am
leslee

Patches of baby clover other cute, little sprouts.

February 23, 2014
12:01 am
lunazure

Dog hair......... he's shedding.

February 23, 2014
7:46 pm
leslee

The boss has crocuses in his front yard, and one of his neighbors pointed out how just the bottom branch on one of the trees was turning red.

February 24, 2014
7:48 pm
lunazure

If you get down with tweezers and tweek off the yellow part of the crocus, the stamin (inside) I think that's saffron. But you have to collect a whole bunch, and my eyes aren't that good anymore. It's super expensive... used in curry.

February 24, 2014
9:58 pm
leslee

I'd rather leave them alone. Pretty trumps yummy.

February 25, 2014
12:09 am
lunazure

All you do is snick the center out of the blooms... those are left intact. The problem is, when you're down on the ground trying to be precise and not destroy the bloom whilst getting the center out, you have to lay on the ground, and usually it's really really cold. And wet.

An uncomfortable process. No wonder they charge so much for it.

February 25, 2014
9:05 am
leslee

Have you ever smelled a morning glory?

February 25, 2014
9:00 pm
lunazure

I would deeply recommend looking up the urban dictionary on that phrase..... Confused

No..... morning glories are a pest around here, they run wild and have a white flower. Pretty, but they strangle other stuff and I pull it up when I find it. Can't say I've noticed a smell to them. I haven't seen blue morning glories since I was very small come to think of it.

February 26, 2014
11:25 am
leslee

I prefer to remain naive. Poor you, having to hang around teeny boppers with all their double entendres.

Get your nose in really deep, take a deep whiff - except it might not work with you because you don't have a big schnozola like I do.

February 26, 2014
11:28 am
leslee

Hint: I felt like a dweeb.

March 1, 2014
10:39 am
lunazure

Alas the large Roman nose is bred out of me, but it might have skipped a generation (recessive gene) my son is pretty well endowed with nostrils. His dad has a nice big Roman nose too. I'm suspicious now that my Irish ancestor originally came from France!!! (many Frankish noses there!) Ah the things that ancestryonline.com will tell us. Don't worry about it, yours is fine.

I'll try it next time I walk past those morning glories at the end of the fence. I don't care what people think of me when I'm sniffing flowers. This place will be a riot of color in another week or two, the way the bulbs are starting to come up.

We have peach blossoms just starting here, and the Bish in Stratford on Avon says they have white pear blossoms starting. I'm off today to look for more daffodils.... I've had one for a week, but I think it died already.

Happy St. David's Day!

March 1, 2014
3:42 pm
leslee

The flowers stalled, but the outdoor high temperature is going to be around 60oF today. More crocuses have appeared. Birds are fairly common. The blue jays and cardinals have been around all winter. I saw a beautiful blue jay in flight. I love those birds even though they are supposed to be mean. I used to love everything blue. So, imagine my surprise when I learned the name of the group that did "The Voice" was the Moody Blues. Then, imagine my dejection to find the history behind the name. Here I had delusions of people getting a big turn-on with high-frequency visible spectra just like me . . .

Maybe the boss will let me off to take Evo out to bark at all the female joggers. She makes them scream. She got loose in the parking lot at the cardiologist's the other day . . .

March 1, 2014
7:15 pm
lunazure

Well heart attacks should be good for business............... yeah I agree, that was a bit tasteless. :P My dog sure gives some heart attacks when he barks. The big bully. I tell him he's a bully too. Be careful, she might get over protective.

All the above with flowers here.... we're in a micro climate up on a cold hill, so our things bloom a few days behind those in town. Lots of daffodils down there already, and they aren't quite out here yet. BUT I do have some lovely little violets (wild) coming up............ my birth flower and yours too, leslee.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0