Widget ImageMerry Fairy Dheery Greetings To All | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Merry Fairy Dheery Greetings To All
December 24, 2017
1:17 pm
magicalbluetail
Forum Posts: 63
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

How to make some magic happen: start up the music of the celebration and watch the Christmas Spirit come dancing back into your senses. 😀 I first discovered the Ambrosian Angels singing on Mannheim Steamrollers debut Fresh Air recording and have enjoyed them ever since.

Edited
More Cheery ((Dheery)) tunes to sprinkle on the festive tempo......

And THAT, my good peeple,is my joyous salute to the reason for celebrating
Enjoy 😀😀😀

December 24, 2017
2:35 pm
magicalbluetail

PS sorry I haven't been on much as of recent months days years. Nor responding much on posts. I have so many irons in the fire that I don't know which one to pull out first. But I will be making a big decision soon.😎

December 24, 2017
2:54 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

I nominate Jeremy.

Please don't let me scare you away like I did everybody else. I'm just pathetic and unable to grasp the ramifications of my stupidity.

December 24, 2017
6:35 pm
magicalbluetail

leslee said

I nominate Jeremy.

Please don't let me scare you away like I did everybody else. I'm just pathetic and unable to grasp the ramifications of my stupidity.

Nah. You isn't nowhere scary as when we begin to realize just how small we really are, as Mike Pinder said he feels😁

In order to make way plane to you I must refer you too many truths or facts that are already known and taught. In the solar system the sun is the Grand Center with a diameter of 860000 Mi volume, 1300000 times greater than the earth. The planet nearest the sun is mercury with a diameter of 2960 Mi, distance from the Sun, 36 million miles, it revolves around the Sun in 87 days. Venus comes next for the diameter of 78 100 miles, rotates and one year at a distance of 92000870 miles from the Sun next Beyond this is Mars, 4500 miles in diameter, 139 million miles from the Sun, revolves in its orbit in one year and 10 months. The next planet is Jupiter 89000 miles in diameter 476 Million Miles Away From the Sun its revolution is 12 years. Then come Saturn with a diameter of 79000 miles at a distance from the Sun of 872 million miles. Revolves in 29 years the next in order is Uranus 35,000 miles in diameter, 1754000000 miles from the Sun revolves in 84 years and then, Neptune at a distance from the Sun of 2746000000 miles. And far beyond Neptune is still another planet, the newly discovered Pluto, so distant that it can only be seen with the Aid of a large telescope. Our son is the center of this wonderful system of planets or world's. His Royal arm spin Safari planet Mercury around him at the terrific rate of 29 miles per second, bear Venus at 22 miles per second, your lovely Earth at the rate of 18 miles per second, Beautiful Mars at 14 miles per second, the asteroids at 11, the giant Jupiter at 8, wonderful Saturn at 5, Uranus at 4 and nephew Neptune at 3 miles per second. From Neptune the sun would appear as a small star. Your solar system, vast and stupendous as it is, is put a small bear compared to what is beyond its boundaries. By the 8th of the telescope, 18 million suns have been discovered in the Milky Way, each as large and some much larger than your own. Each Star as seen from your Earth, is a son, the center of a system as vast or greater than your own, separated from each other in comprehensible distances and all these at such a pollen Lee remote distances from you that they appear all run together like a thin fleecy cloud.

December 24, 2017
6:43 pm
magicalbluetail

There are stars so far away that light traveling at the rate of 186,000 miles per second would require thousands of years to reach you and yet stars and Sons quadrillions, sextillions and multiplied sextillions of Miles beyond that, and yet on and on beyond that. There are sons that your astronomers know have 50 thousand times more heat than your own son. There are double Sons, triple Sons, Sons revolving around each other, red Sons, green, white, yellow, Amber, golden, sons of all colors and sizes, numberless sons and planets of all temperatures and conditions, all whirling, shining, singing and Rhythm and time, all, all away in the Supreme universal law of attraction and repulsion. And then, all the space occupied by our entire solar system is filled with atoms, each atom necessary to the whole, the whole necessary to the smallest part. The atoms in turn are made up of astronomical systems of neutrons, protons and electrons all revolving around each other just as solar galaxies do and they in turn are made up of Prana from these inventory small poems up to the Sun, the planets with their rings and moons, all are but Adams. The entire solar system is alive. All is in motion, all his life, all is God. Every atom, every particle within the atom is an expression of life. Here in this incessant motion we discover Nature's method of creating, controlling, transforming into solving to again rearrange to form other more complex and highly perfected forms or expressions of Life. All of creation is perpetually changing into new and More Beautiful expressions of life and numberless varieties and again from these, spring into existence other innumerable varieties to be yet again transformed into forms more complex, ever developing possibilities larger, Grandeur, broader and their scope of action. By this universal law, atoms are formed in the masses of rock, iron, gold, silver, Etc. And the vegetable Kingdom, atoms are brought together by the same law, in the animal kingdom we find the same Force at work building according to the laws of attraction and repulsion. Starting with the lowest forms of animal life, we find a small number of potentialities in combination, the organs are few and simple as they advance in the line of evolution, more more potentialities are introduced and your organs become more varied and complete in their internal and external relations until the production of man and whose complex structure we find in essence all potentialities and nature that had preceded him. The sun Polarises everything in our solar system. The sun is the center around which every atom in space occupied by your solar system revolves every atom must obey the sun's attraction and repulsion and man can buy living in harmony with God polarize himself to harmonize with nature. Mancan, by correct breathing, catch the wind, as it were of this wonderful movement and perform many seeming miracles of Mind and Spirit.

December 24, 2017
6:48 pm
magicalbluetail

Science believes that has measured the speed of light in a bag humat 186,000 miles a second. In astronomy marbles accuracy has been attained in measurements, measurements so exact that they could be compared to a man measuring the angle made by the opposite size of a human hair over a mile and a half away. Measuring an angle so small as this requires the greatest care. This angle is what is called The Parallax of a star. At the most, The Parallax of a star is 3/4 of a second of an arc. One second is 136 hundredth of a degree. If you were to look for a penny 3 1/4 miles away it cannot be seen But the angle from one edge of that Penny to your eye and back to the other Edge would be one second of Arc. An astronomer considers at fairly easy to measure. He can readily detect a parallax of a hundredth of a second of Arc. A Star Wars shows a parallax of one second of Arc would be distant from us by 200000 times the distance of the sun from the earth. You can see by this that the use of the term miles is rather absurd for such distances so there are two Chief units and use for Star measurement, the parsec and the light year. A parsec is the distance at which a star shows a parallax of a second of Arc. A light year is the distance which light in a vacuum travels in a year at the rate of 186,000 miles a second. Therefore, one light year equals 5 trillion 880 billion miles. One parsec equals 19 trillion 150 billion miles. If the Earth's orbit were only the size of a dime, a person it would be one mile and 1100 yards in diameter. On this scale the Earth itself could be seen only by the aid of a good microscope.

December 24, 2017
6:55 pm
magicalbluetail

The nearest well known star is Sirius, the famous dog star, which is 2 and 1/3 parsecs, or 8.6 light years away. The nearest star is to faint to be seen by the eye but it is only about one parsec and one third away. Within 5 / 6 of the sun there are only 26 Stars. Science knows that there are at least thirty thousand million stars. Among these the Earth is only as a speck of dust and a great City, and this refers only to the visible universe. The invisible universe is vastly greater. Our son and it's little flock of planets lie in a cloud of stars a couple of parsecs or so apart. One may think of these stars as being as isolated as peas placed in space 150 miles apart if you can visualize such a thought. If you were to cut out a small section of the empty part of outer space and place 1 p at every 150, the size of the P compared to the distance to the next p would be about the average distances between the Stars. When you look at the sky on a clear, Dark Night you see a band of light, called the Milky Way, composed entirely of faint Stars. If you could see under foot as well as overhead it would seem to form a great circle around the Earth.

December 24, 2017
7:01 pm
magicalbluetail

This gigantic collection of stars in the Milky Way is probably about 75,000 parsec in diameter. Within this mess are many minor but still enormous clusters of stars and also a number of nebulae hazy masses of gas. The stars appear on the whole to be screaming around the center of the Galaxy. The whole mass of the Galaxy, 75000 parsec in diameter, is rotating on itself once in every 250 million years. Even this slow rotation means a very great speed for the outer Stars, as much as 150 miles per second. The edges of the Galaxy are some 30 or 40 thousand parsecs from us. The top and bottom of it are far nearer, probably about 6 or 8000 parsecs. There are a number of nebulae in the sky, I wish the great nebula Andromeda is an example which, under great magnification, it seem not to be hazy clouds but to consist of myriads of stars. The Andromeda nebula is no less than 270000 parsecs, nearly a million light-years away. It is a gigantic object, it occupies nearly three degrees of the sky and is, therefore, about 15,000 parsecs in diameter. It's enormous size makes it clear that it is a Galaxy like our own, though smaller. The Andromeda nebula is, then, a vast Island universe out all by a huge tract of space from ours.

December 24, 2017
7:06 pm
magicalbluetail

It Is by no means the only one of its kind. Hundreds are known with distances up to 40 million parsecs. The light waves from these which we focus into an image in our telescope started on there Jeremy to us before there was a man, before there was even a monkey. When the giant reptiles in the earth swamps, that light set out for the Earth traveling at such a pace that it wouldn't circle the Earth in a 7th of a second. There are at least 2 million or so of these Island universes scattered about. Analysis of the Spectra of these different galaxies indicates that they are all with the exception of Andromeda, retreating rapidly and the further off they are the more rapidly they are moving. The distant ones are racing away at a speed of nearly 25000 miles a second. It is said therefore, that the Universe appears to be expanding. If we traces motion back it seems that the whole universe must have been concentrated at a center no more than 150 thousand million years ago, a figure which is difficult to reconcile with the usual estimates of the age of the Stars. Perhaps the universe pulsates, alternately Contracting and expanding, the theory of relativity seems to indicate that the Universe must either pulsate like this or must expand forever or must contract first from a great size to a minimum value, then expand. May all these thoughts help you to realize better the greatness of God.

December 24, 2017
7:18 pm
magicalbluetail

The foregoing posts content was recited into a microphone from Mayan revelation lesson number 47, (that rest in my possession and was copywrite in 1941 so no doubt there have been many updates to the flow of this information), on this phone in order to expedite to Leslie something to read and entertain herself with. She's not stupid by any means, she's just bored. And I emergency dispatched this information to Aid her in alleviating that problem.😀

Please pardon the voice typos, and try to cope until I can maybe perhaps possibly go back and manually correct, if I do. 😉

Jeremy's nomination is recognized,therefore.😎

December 24, 2017
11:37 pm
leslee

What do you want me to do about it?

December 25, 2017
12:14 am
magicalbluetail

leslee said

What do you want me to do about it?

I want you to SING, dammit !

December 25, 2017
3:01 pm
leslee

I want me to sing, too; but there is no place far enough away from kind people that I can practice without causing irreversible torment.

December 25, 2017
3:22 pm
leslee

Also, it was my impression that the planetary model of the atom had been supplanted with probability levels. I tend to be Newtonian in my tiny knowledge of physics and admit no more than that which is necessary and sufficient to explain; ergo, I think of atomic particles only in terms of protons and electrons (I don't run into cloud chamber trails in my daily routine.) and consider each with their respective mass and charge as inverse-square "fields" (acknowledging there may be errors for never completely isolating charge and mass, which would render their powers moot anyway).

I checked your math on a few things and, drum roll please, it was correct! My mind zoned out after about the fourth post.

Here's another question for you. I asked a few professors awhile back, but they said they had never considered it. As we view the sky, it is spherical, not linear. So is there any aberration in the trigonometry used by astronomers and one that compensates for assuming the arc between two objects in the field of view to be linear? The answer is likely negligible, but sometimes bodies of theory grow from trying to explain tiny, reproducible differences; viz., the neutron deficit.

Back to singing: How bad is my singing? I was asked to lead music a few weeks ago at church - after 35 years of hiding behind the piano where I'm not allowed to jump out and bite anybody. We had 11 inches of snow, church was canceled, and the children lived to love another day.

December 25, 2017
7:52 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

Wee small voice. I'm still trying to puzzle out how chlorophyll through some sort of quantum hoo doo can convert sunlight, water and carbon dioxide into sugar and Oxygen. I had a bad sugar hang over this morning and my lips are turning green. Creme puffs anyone?

(I too subscribe to the Bohr atom model, particle clouds and such, orbits levels and probabilities of electron locations ... once in a while I still see the old atom pictures in classrooms and try to contain my freak out... one student at a time we are fixing this problem ) All electrons exist at differing energy levels.... which could lead me into a long spooky diatribe on magnetism, electricity, leaping potential and What is Life, but I'm feeling too mellow right now.

Parallax is not the only method of figuring out where other stars "really" are, they use quasars as measuring candles or something like that. I'd have to break out my Isaac Asimov or something.... again too mellow. Look up LSST if you want some really eye opening cosmology factoids a bit more recent than the Mayan sciences.

Leslee and Ghostie, I hope very much you guys are having a marvelous Christmas. What the Mayans never knew about cosmology I suppose won't hurt them, as they are out there voting to move their embassy to Jerusalem right now. Looking forward to that trip to Chichen Itza, I'll take photos leslee. Did you know the Mayans invented the zero?

I sing and my kitties seem to love it, but then again they are usually wanting kibble, so they would be happy with anything I do, so long as it ends with the rattle of a food bag.

God does not play dice with the Universe -- attributed to Dr, Einstein. So someone tell me why Han Solo had golden (and not fuzzy) dice hanging in the Millennium Falcon???

December 26, 2017
4:17 pm
leslee

What I really need is help getting up to speed with vector calculus. I went through the motions to pass my classes, but I'm weak on mathematical modeling. Maybe one of you could refer me to a good self-help book or two. Thanks.

December 26, 2017
5:42 pm
magicalbluetail

I hope you both had a great Christmas too and hope for you the best new year yet--we'll trudge along in figuring out all those things for ya, LeslieSmile

December 26, 2017
8:43 pm
lunazure

I can vector, but I just use plain old figures angles and so forth... trig. Draw pictures. Always draw the picture first, or I do anyway.

I guess if all the bodies are in motion, you might want to step it up to calculus. I'm useless here alas... you might start at the local library or Google it.

December 27, 2017
2:19 pm
magicalbluetail

Forgot in all my haste the other day..

A word about the Ambrosian Singers:

The Ambrosian Singers are one of the best-known London choral groups, particularly appreciated for its great variety of recorded repertory. They were founded after World War II in England. One of their co-founders was Denis Stevens, a British musicologist and viola player who joined the BBC Music Department in 1949 and developed programs of Renaissance and early Baroque music. The other was John McCarthy, a professional tenor soloist.

December 27, 2017
6:44 pm
lunazure

I didn't know these things. I honestly do prefer a little pep to my music... but I've done my share of choral work, and they really are quite good.

Do you sing MBT?

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0