Widget ImageMovie Recommendations | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Movie Recommendations
September 30, 2013
4:00 pm
MagicalBlueTail
Forum Posts: 166
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"Here We Go Again"! Wink

pretty soon it's going to be "the season for freezing" in some parts of the world-so grab a warm cuppa of your favorite spirits and cozy up to something spooky...

September 30, 2013
11:31 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

I'll have to come back to that, looks good! I have a couch right here next to the computer, can curl up in front of the fire. There's another movie on line I want to watch too. This could get to be a habit!!!

I cut off my cable about a month ago, trimming 'way down on bills and such. Trying to go through all the old tapes/DVDs, and either get rid of them if they are doggies, or watch them again if I really enjoy them.

Oddly I was just watching a Darryl Hannah movie tonight too.... ever see the remake of *My Favorite Martian*??? It was "out there" .... one of my favorite series when I was young, back in the 60s. The remake didn't get much notice, but watching it tonight, I was really impressed by the sheer slapstick in some of the acting, a really talented ensemble. For some reason, that movie just makes me howl in spots. It was good sci-fi too. Honestly I'm not usually one for "crude humor" but the scene where they're trapped in the toilet just makes me lay on the floor screaming. It's something about the timing and editing.

Christopher Lloyd is hilarious anyway. I'll watch anything if he's in it. They also shot several scenes on the boardwalk that burned down a year or so later. We (leslee, Gerry and I) walked out on that when Justin played Santa Barbara during the solo 90s shows.

"Cookie dough!!!!"

October 1, 2013
10:27 am
lunazure

Not sure if this will embed, but I was happy to find the trailer for the second part of Jackson's *The Hobbit* on my FB feed this morning. Looks like the ladies get some more Orlando Bloom!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=186079584912410&set=vb.141884481557&type=2&theater

October 1, 2013
4:33 pm
MagicalBlueTail

Drat I could not open it maybe tomorrow on the PC. I have been looking forward to the new hobbit flick ....will the guy who played Aragorn be in it? ??

October 2, 2013
12:26 am
lunazure

I wish. Viggo Mortenson is quite a dish, he grew on me. Did you see *Hidalgo* yet? I cried at the end, it was so good. A friend of mine was at the premier party for HIdalgo, they held it the same night LOTR got all the Academy Awards. Said Viggo rode the horse that played Hidalgo into the party. Omar Shariff, and his date were there, as were the four hobbits and Ian McClellan.

Back to The Hobbit part II.... the character Bard of Dale (I think that was his name) is the obvious heroic type, Aragorn's story line (during the years of the Hobbit) was far away South of Gondor, under the name Thorongil (as I recall the Middle Earth histories). He fought for Gondor and Rohan both, then went south. Maybe they'll fit some of that into the third part.... I hope the director takes on the story of Luthien and Beren myself. THAT would be cool.

No time for movies today, I did an Edith Head purge of the house, went through ALL the clothing here and thinned. Dad has stuff he'll never wear again, and I'm still thinning down Mom's stuff. blblbll I'm sort of a clothing a-holic....

'night all, work tomorrow for me...

October 5, 2013
1:16 pm
MagicalBlueTail

I saw Hildago when it came out on the theatre---I loved it :-) mustve went about 5 times....

Here is one that is based on the juvenile level community but it is a TV movie that I thought was really cute at the time--actually it still is to me--love the teacher's unbiased wisdom at the beginning--AND of course, the soundtrack...

Sooner Or Later - 1978

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....D98hH6jGjc

4+4=8

October 6, 2013
11:35 am
lunazure

I put a movie on last night I hadn't seen in a LONG time, Atlantis. Disney version.... those who were around in the 80s might remember a magazine, Heavy Metal, was full of edgy comic book stuff... well this came from there I think, yet the movie has touches from Chuck Jones (I swear he's working on it uncredited... I'm a huge Chuck Jones fan)

Fantastic animation, and actually an enjoyable sci-fi plot. I spent a very enjoyable night sorting out paperwork and watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....Xre001KhW8

October 6, 2013
10:12 pm
MagicalBlueTail

That looks interesting Luna. I like nearly a good deal of media and info on Atlantis ...will check it out ...

THIS, I must see (mentioning viggo mortensen the other day, I just spied this as a recommend on youtube and had to look twice real good to know it wasn't viggo but sure can pass for a brother or near twin) but that's not why I am wanting to see it ...I liked the Hallmark version of Frankenstein with (Luke goss) story ...this one looks like it will be exciting at least :-)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pxOSPfUw3qw

SPHINX

10+11=21

October 7, 2013
12:06 am
lunazure

My how gnarly. You and leslee definitely come from the generation that followed mine.... I'm the Disney type myself (tho the Atlantis movie did get some very violent animation in toward the end of the movie). It's easy to overload on all the incoming.... I really enjoyed the design work in Atlantis.... Leonard Nimoy does a voice over!!! So does Michael J. Fox and James Garner. Quite a hidden gem in some ways.

It's been a busy day here... turning off the cable was the best thing I've ever done, I'm working and cleaning around the house so much more (it needs it, bad) I'm stacked up several movies now, in real time and on line...

Must get to bed on time tonight, work again tomorrow. Yahoo!! Cash flow!!! (My poor son is still furloughed, I'm worried about him)

October 7, 2013
12:24 am
MagicalBlueTail

Some gnarly I understand most I don't see the point of...lol

This one is one of the very best I have seen that comes close to Disney ... love how it ended ....
Though I must say loved it from start to finish ...definitely loved the ending ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....cIDemgj7_I

1+9=10

October 14, 2013
9:31 am
Pammypoo
Forum Posts: 70

I heard a man on a radio call-in program, employed as some type of space electronics engineer , say he saw GRAVITY, loved it and it scared the wits out of him.
That's high recommendation, imo, for seeing it.
I just may go to the Cinema to see this one.

October 15, 2013
3:43 pm
MagicalBlueTail

I heard it was interesting, pammy...I might do so too...

although I must say I think that this one carries a lot of weight too (kinda stuck on it--or parts of it anyway):

5+10=15

October 15, 2013
3:47 pm
MagicalBlueTail

oh my stars--full movie version KissKissKissKissKissKissWink

I never noticed the song at the beginning until now tho Embarassed--don't reallly dig that beat/sound--think I will go look up the lyrics, however....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....U82fUrj-Qg

1+7=8Wink

(still turning 9s into 8s?)

October 15, 2013
8:14 pm
Pammypoo

woah, where's the popcorn?
we're getting full length movies!
Sphinx, that was 1987 - the opening song came off one keyboard, all techno-crap. Dreadful time for fashion, too!
I'll take Merlin!!!!

October 18, 2013
11:40 pm
lunazure

I have the Merlin movie, and the *Ever After* movie both....... went out of my way to get *Everafter* what a marvelous movie! (I watch it just about every month when I'm blue). Very good take on "bully" behavior out of women too, and funny. Doug Ray Scott even does a nice job, isn't just a wooden headed hunk.... and the scenery! The costumes are right on! It got me interested in *Utopia* and the era it came out of. Ranks right up there with my favorites.

If God had intended man to fly, he would have given him wings! Wink

Parasiempre -- Spanish subtitles

I'm resisting *Gravity* on principle, Clooney makes me urp. Confused

October 19, 2013
10:36 am
Pammypoo

ha-ha
'funny how aversions work.
Somebody I know can't stand Angelina Jolie and won't watch anything she's in.
I think she's one of the world's most naturally beautiful women and is a great actor as well. "GIA" was incredible.
Clooney, I can take him or leave him, due to his attitude.

October 19, 2013
5:40 pm
MagicalBlueTail

I have to agree-this would have made the best ending--alas...it wasn't Smile

October 20, 2013
8:32 pm
lunazure

Clooney was ok in the movie *Brother Where for Art Thou?* but sadly I think he was trying to make fun of Rednecks. That movie makes me howl, and I'm a Redneck.... fantastic music.

I'm enjoying this alt ending Titantic!!!! thanks! The other ending is nice too tho. hehehehhh............. sorry that's funny!!!

I loved Jolie in *Alexander*, first thing I saw her in (loved the other actors too....... yeek you should see the X rated version YIKE). I don't think she's a very good actor, but she's very pretty, and Brad Pitt is very intelligent (and a good actor) so I actually follow their gossip. From a respectful distance. They seem like good people, doing what's right.

October 21, 2013
2:28 pm
MagicalBlueTail

Anjolie is very feminine in her prettiness-her hubby is the better actor between the two of them, though I will agree...Smile

I think that the remake of the Clash of the Titans killed itself....I love the original though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....y15fkI11KI

1+9=10

October 24, 2013
1:10 pm
lunazure

My!!!! that looks a bit like Jim Morrison.... hubba hubba..........

Not into Sword and Sandle right now.... maybe later. So many movies, so little time! I wandered (wobbled) into Martinez last night, pretty fried, and flipped on the room telly, found The Hobbit on HBO no commercials. That was quite enjoyable! Yesssssss my precious.....

Well just waiting for my room to be cleaned, and for leslee to get here..... must check on BART but I'm prettty sure it's running again thankfully.....

Be good everyone.... gonna go try to write on my own Moody blog so no one here gets bent out of shape....

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2655

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110, bomojiy124, Doby1996, Josiaheyes

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0