Widget ImagePost Moody Blues | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Post Moody Blues
October 28, 2013
4:17 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Blah - ah - ah - blubber! Sigh! Whimper! Sniffle, sniffle. Blah - ah - ah. Sob.

Or as Ginger and Marianne would say, "Ooh, hoo hoo."

October 28, 2013
5:09 pm
moodyballetdancer
Forum Posts: 689

Didn't get there, Leslee. So sorry you're feeling it. I'm just looking forward to more in 2014 as I'm sure you are. No PMBS here. Hope you enjoyed your shows and travel. Smile

October 29, 2013
9:23 am
leslee

Thank you. Of course I enjoyed the shows, even when my frame of mind was messed up, I could still see what the band was doing was excellent. I'm blue, but it's my fault I choose to work a nowhere job just to pay the bills and have enough money to go to Moodies concerts. When I try to find something more to life, all I discover is downhill propositions.

October 30, 2013
2:46 pm
leslee

I could sure use a dose of sunny Southern California, but here I sit with my empty life. BLAH! HA! HA! Blubber, blubber, sob! Sigh? MOMMY!!!!!

November 2, 2013
10:26 am
leslee

I guess everybody' who's anybody is in sunny Southern Cal, and I alone am tumbling around this empty board like a weed in the desert.

Hey, how's Justin doing?

Anybody out there?

Hello?

November 3, 2013
2:18 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

well......... I have so much to do I can't see straight!!! You need a hobby.... next time I see you, bring some knitting! The Moodies are going home to families and relaxation and holidays and all that... I'm happy for them, and I hope the tour was prosperous.

I'm still toying with that AARP show in Bahston... .... Yeah they're tongue lashing it over on TER but this might be just what I'm looking for! I'm also doing my finances from THIS last trip, and Oooee.... yike. I gotta rob a bank or something.... ain't gonna do no gypsies or voodoo men tho....

Well sigh back to the computer and putting it all together... I'll try to get you something to read soon, so stop that sniveling! Wink

hey can I put your photo on line if I find it?

November 3, 2013
2:25 pm
leslee

You may put my photo online, but you cannot, as it will crack the glass.

I only have enough dough for one hobby.

November 12, 2013
9:59 am
leslee

It's lonely on this board. I wish I knew how to start a conversation - or at least not kill them.

November 12, 2013
1:43 pm
mjbanana
Forum Posts: 8

Some people may have had their meds adjusted, or stopped them all together.Laugh

And some people have nothing to say.

I had a great time, most of my fun was not concert related, hence, no post concert syndrome, I don't take most of this seriously, I focus my energy towards the real world, and real one to one interactions. Wink

November 13, 2013
11:00 am
leslee

You mean like,

If you ever leave me, Baby,
Leave some morphine at my door . . . ?

November 13, 2013
7:56 pm
mjbanana

More like, If you think Justin's facials and winks during the concert have deep meaning to you, and maybe you have a chance at a relationship, it's time to exchange your wellbutrin for haldol.

November 13, 2013
10:01 pm
leslee

That Wellbutrin stuff sounds pretty good.

November 14, 2013
12:07 am
lunazure

Cheap wine in reasonable amounts works just as well, and you don't have to sign up for part D. But alas it's not on your menu, that's right. I haven't been here 'cause i went into PTSS about Sunday night, right before VA day (long personal story, double significance for my whole family) tossed my cookies all night (flu or food poisoning or someone has a voodoo doll of me out there they are torturing), didn't crawl out of bed for a day.... screwed up bad at work today (much self flagellating... )

I'm very fond of Justin, don't care who knows it. If someone actually thinks they have a "chance" with a band member, it's their business and said musician's (not ours, nor the concern of public opinion). I would agree that the odds are low, not impossible (nothing is impossible as Lewis Carroll put it).

My own position right now is, I want to re-write some reviews, try to keep it positive, process my photos of ALL my adventures, post it all... clean up my site. I refuse to put a time frame on it. My house looks like a bomb went off here. If you enjoy my writing, that's fine. If not, stay off the site.

I'm glad we all had a really nice time, truly. The Moodies aim to please and make us all feel better. Right now I'm in PTSS and I'm a little scared of the whole thing... either that or the SAD is getting to me.... my mind wanders to strange, weird and miraculous places.... who needs drugs??? Thank you for listening, it seems to help, to write it out.

MJ you don't fool me, you were lurking in the lobbies too I bet Wink and if not, good for you! :)

Remember, positive thinking is a good thing to have around.

Strange things are happening to me, like they said in *Toy Story*.........

HEY Ghostie where is you????? Cool

November 14, 2013
3:36 am
moodyballetdancer

mjbanana said

More like, If you think Justin's facials and winks during the concert have deep meaning to you, and maybe you have a chance at a relationship, it's time to exchange your wellbutrin for haldol.

No need for either drug as I have no 'delusions of grandeur'... unlike some people. It's about the music, the friends and the moment to slip away to a place I love revisiting every now and then.

November 14, 2013
6:28 am
libramate
Forum Posts: 10

At least at work I don't have to worry about someone trying to get me kicked out of my seat. Even having the ushers seat you doesn't prove it for some people. I guess my existence still bothers some people. Too bad. Getting tired of the games, but it won't stop me from going and enjoying the shows.

November 14, 2013
7:09 am
Smiley
Forum Posts: 2

libramate said

At least at work I don't have to worry about someone trying to get me kicked out of my seat. Even having the ushers seat you doesn't prove it for some people. I guess my existence still bothers some people. Too bad. Getting tired of the games, but it won't stop me from going and enjoying the shows.

The kids will get out of high school at some point. You just carry on doing what you do.

November 14, 2013
7:48 am
mjbanana

As for medicated fans? I ran into several women over the past several months that were firmly convinced that Justin's new album was written for them, about them and to them, Citing concerts where certain lyrics were sung towards them as proof, and at least one had her bags packed and was planning on moving in with him at the end of the tour.

November 14, 2013
2:36 pm
moodyballetdancer

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 14, 2013
6:59 pm
lunazure

Well I'll come out of the closet, I DID have one specific comment made to me during one of the songs off SotWS.... my business. But I accept it at face value, the man is an entertainer, and he's there to make us all feel better. Throwing a line our personal way once in a while makes the customer happy.

I think what we should be talking about, rather than putting other fans down, is the powerful effect the man has on all of us.... music really gets at a deep part of the brain. From Justin's perspective, he needs to come to terms with, is he really doing the right thing? Is he teasing the fans? Or just being nice? I do believe he knows what effect he has on women... duh.

So the question is, not what other women think, but how do YOU deal with it?

Also, a personal lesson learned long before I got into the Moody fan base..... when you throw yourself at married men, you get what you deserve. Used and disrespected... life's a bummer sometimes. Frown

Be kind to others.

November 14, 2013
7:15 pm
mjbanana

I didn't mean to sound harsh or critical, just pointing out the extremes of post concert blues. The fans, male and female, are both the biggest attraction, and the biggest detraction at any concert. Without the audience, it would just be a sound check. A great audience can make the show, a bad one can lead to a dud of a concert. Talking to someone in the Band, their opinion was that the last two shows were the best. They were the best I saw, and I am glad to have been a part of it. Not to take away many other shows that were also probably the best also. From all reports the California shows were all great. My last moments of the Tour were spent laughing with some others, and the situation we were laughing about was enough to shake the blues away.

As for lobby lurking? not much to see at The Red Roof Inn. So I spent little time there.I played the tourist. Saw corn fields in the midwest, went to Malibu for the day in California.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2655

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110, bomojiy124, Doby1996, Josiaheyes

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0