Widget ImageStreams of Thought Into The Sea Of Creation | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Streams of Thought Into The Sea Of Creation
August 17, 2017
2:36 pm
magicalbluetail
Forum Posts: 63
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

.....the mystery of a little flower growing wild on the prairie is as wonderfully strange as the story the stars write in gold and silver letters across an evening sky...

August 17, 2017
9:51 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

Too weird but lovely.

Fireflies dance against the evening sky... did you get a chance to see DOFP tour? I thought as the show went onward, it was like that, this series of images that just became more and more lovely.... Tuesday Afternoon and Sunset were just pure visual poetry.

Here you go, some wonder-full words from a master word bird... about an eclipse.

t=10s

August 23, 2017
2:21 pm
magicalbluetail

lunazure said

Too weird but lovely.

Fireflies dance against the evening sky... did you get a chance to see DOFP tour? I thought as the show went onward, it was like that, this series of images that just became more and more lovely.... Tuesday Afternoon and Sunset were just pure visual poetry.

Twighlight Time--I didn't go to that one-but I can imagine that what you wrote is indeed true--because as I listened to DOFP over the years I can see it the same way....Smile

......Where there is a pattern, you may depend upon it that there has been a pattern-maker, and certainly we have as yet found nothing which the careful observer cannot see has been built to the pattern......

August 24, 2017
2:12 am
lunazure

I tend to agree.... I was musing that it's doggone coincidental that the moon is EXACTLY the right size to cover the sun like that, and allow such a spectacular light show with an eclipse. Sherlock Holmes (aka Sir Arthur Conan Doyle) used to say "there is no such thing as coincidence"

Pattern recognition is what it's all about in cognitive psych. Where you have to be careful is seeing patterns that no one else sees... because the mind WILL create patterns and order to suit the situation... even when it's just random stimulus. A stream of consciousness will eventually resolve into a pattern if contemplated enough.

Ponder too that we are but machines made up of interacting chemicals. If we are machines with such carefully thought out mechanisms, who the heck made the machines, and for what purpose? I look for patterns, but even more than that, I look for motivations.

August 24, 2017
5:13 pm
magicalbluetail

lunazure said My grandson really likes orange leaves. He's a fall kind of guy.

Cross threading here (if you don't mind 😉 )
To read to your grandson--here's a little line my mother wrote several (several several) years back

Starry Daze

Hey you! – Up there!
So near the moon,
So opposite the sun;
"Twinkle, twinkle, twinkle."
What are you?
A flashlight, or firefly?!

Laugh

August 28, 2017
9:35 pm
lunazure

Eh I'll stick to Winken, Blinken and Nod. Smile but it's a nice poem anyway. "Wink at the moon, and think of me!" == Neil Armstrong Wink

Speaking of which.... you have not lived until you read "The Owl and the Pussycat" (one of my favorite kid's poems, Edward Lear) to a classroom of Kindergartners, and had a couple of boys in the back row snicker. Honestly, what are people exposing their children to, today?? I neatly change it to "The Owl and the Kitty Cat"

BTW thanks for being a non-toxic pal. I needed a break, I did nothing but sort out my parents old genealogy notes today and my eyes are crossing.

It's magic... here's a little "flow of consciousness" thang for you. Whoever did that commercial was a freaking genius!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxSua7cV-tw

August 29, 2017
9:30 am
magicalbluetail

lunazure said

Eh I'll stick to Winken, Blinken and Nod. Smile but it's a nice poem anyway. "Wink at the moon, and think of me!" == Neil Armstrong Wink
Speaking of which.... you have not lived until you read "The Owl and the Pussycat" (one of my favorite kid's poems, Edward Lear) to a classroom of Kindergartners, and had a couple of boys in the back row snicker. Honestly, what are people exposing their children to, today?? I neatly change it to "The Owl and the Kitty Cat"
BTW thanks for being a non-toxic pal. I needed a break, I did nothing but sort out my parents old genealogy notes today and my eyes are crossing.
It's magic... here's a little "flow of consciousness" thang for you. Whoever did that commercial was a freaking genius!

I have seen that-it is funny-and as usual, the commercials draw the attention of the viewer to the commercial instead of the product--heh...
Owl and Kitty Cat sounds just as well...children need to acquire a zeal for climbing trees and such all over again--their knuckles will atrophy before they are a young adult with the tiny little keyboards in their hands...

...and you are welcome--ditto 🙂

August 29, 2017
2:15 pm
lunazure

Chuckle my family seems ok that way. Was just at a family "do" the patriarch is a he-man sorta guy (sports figure) took all four little boy cousins and one girl out on a bike ride... .came back with skinned knees, elbows and battle wounds. Bless 'em our bunch gets both outdoor sports, and video games.

Yes it's a real problem. Most of them still have it, that zest for the out doors, around the PacNW anyway.

Today I ride in my pretty blue car
I really need to pick plums too
The dishes are crying alone in the sink
There's really too much to do!

September 12, 2017
1:13 pm
magicalbluetail

"This dead of midnight is the noon of thought and wisdom mounts her zenith with the stars"--Mrs. Baribould

September 12, 2017
1:18 pm
magicalbluetail

lunazure said

It's magic... here's a little "flow of consciousness" thang for you.

speaking of commercials, not very many are of the inspirational sort, but this one kinda speaks for itself--and to me. ("I'm not standard", aint that the truth!) 🙂
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TCnhDiK4As

September 13, 2017
6:08 pm
lunazure

There is of course, a unicorn party out there. I bump into it once in a while.

September 18, 2017
3:14 pm
magicalbluetail

lunazure said

There is of course, a unicorn party out there. I bump into it once in a while.

hehLaugh

September 18, 2017
9:07 pm
lunazure

Had a free spirit girl in a class the other day. She was wearing unicorns on her leggings. I told her she was a member of the Unicorn party and she waggled her tongue... wow that kid needed Ritalin.

I was so shook up today I had to dive into my quilting. It was soothing and creative. 10 blocks on my Beatles quilt. Only 10 or 15 more to go, depending on how I feel when I get to 20. Gotta cut out a Yellow Submarine to applique... it's gonna take talent and effort on my part. Kiss
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ah a muddy stream here. I've been home today and was watching news coverage of the earthquake in Mexico City. Mue mal indeed... anyway when I took my Spanish class over the summer, I found out about this place. ,,,, it looks really fun. Mexico City is built on land fill, the whole place used to be canals and a lake when the Indians lived there. The news media today was scary, all these boats were bouncing around and the waves were coming up with the earthquake. Boats rocking all over the place. Anyway have fun, it's a cute video. Sending prayers to Mexico.

December 25, 2017
2:18 pm
magicalbluetail

God is closer to us than breathing, and nearer than hands or feet.--Tennyson

Jesus, or, "Emmanuel" ( which means, "God is with us"), is the real reason for today's celebration, which ought to be celebrated upon rising into dawn all the way through retirement at dusk of each day. And not limited to merely an annual seasonal recognition of this truth. In this way, Christmas is every day, and we would never be out of sync with the Infinite. The reason why many feel lost and disconnected, is that they are looking for the Source from which they sprang, far from where they stand or sit. The eye is no good in seeking out the eternal presence. Further more, the " heart" of man, that "seeing" mechanism, by which sight to behold one's maker IS the instrument, must be in healthy condition.

An organ of sight must be clear and healthy. One can no more see God with an impure heart than he can look at a landscape with dust in his eyes.

People have always been asking where to find God, and looking everywhere except within themselves. We have no farther to go in our quest , but sometimes it's a long way. One must be fit for the journey and for the revelation it will bring. Because too many start out on the quest without being so.

The Infinite is not something to be FOUND.

But that which is to be REALIZED.

Daily practice of "Christmas", then, is the cure for any impurity of the heart in Man, to be able to sense connection to and allow direct communication between The Potter and The Clay...

December 25, 2017
8:01 pm
lunazure

It took a long time to get here, but more or less I agree.

I hope it's real, and not just my corpus callosum feeling particularly energetic today. I really consumed a lot of sugar last night and should go for a walk tonight., Last night I was afraid of slipping and breaking a leg! @#$#^ snow!!!!!

Let it shine!

December 26, 2017
4:19 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

I remember when we were young and would laugh the next day in the office about falling on the snow when we were out jogging.

February 10, 2018
8:24 am
maitrishah1
Forum Posts: 253

Thank you, I will check it out later. Lots of activity here right now free spotify gift code generator

February 10, 2018
3:09 pm
leslee

I would not have linked Spotify with creation in a million years. However, I do find my mind focuses better with Moodies/Justin in the background. Here's a song that mentions creation and the abuse thereof:

February 10, 2018
11:52 pm
lunazure

Seven no trump. No political implications intended.

February 11, 2018
12:55 am
leslee

I don't get this, either. I've never played bridge. All I understand anymore is happy music. I'm toast.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0