Widget ImageThanksgiving, Turkey Liberation Day and so forth | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Thanksgiving, Turkey Liberation Day and so forth
November 18, 2013
11:02 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I've seen some very funny things surface over the years on MB news communities.... Turkey Liberation from the Brits and Aussies was the best. However, I got to hear this today in a classroom and thought it was very cute. Maybe you can play it for any small ones on Thanksgiving. My kids sang "scrambled eggs instead" at the end. Maybe we can all put something in the thread for the holidays.

November 18, 2013
11:45 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

Here's my contribution for the holidays:

I love Justin. Er, I'm thankful for Justin.

Does that work?

I know. I need to get a life and think about turkeys instead. Dream on.

November 28, 2013
1:54 am
lunazure

I decided to step outside the box, got a fresh turkey today (impulse buying, I went to the grocery store hungry after fasting for blood sugar check) anyway cooked that up and ate it with sweet potato fries. Yum..... no stuffing, I'm swearing off bread and pasta.

Yes I've been mulling over what I'm thankful for. I'm very thankful that there's a cool band like the Moody Blues, which not only has held my attention since 1968 (and fairly intensely since 1990 I might add) but I'm also thankful that they are still touring, and seem happy about it.

I will not cry if they suddenly decided to retire tomorrow (everything ends some day), but I am thankful that they still show up on stage and make me, and so many others very happy.

I'm thankful for lots of other things too, the Moodies are just one thing among a bunch of "thankful for" items.

Hope everyone is having a nice long weekend with their families and friends, and I for one plan to enjoy my pumpkin pie tomorrow... the best part of the holiday!!! Smile

November 28, 2013
1:13 pm
leslee

leslee said

I love Justin. Er, I'm thankful for Justin.

I'm also thankful for frequencies between cobalt blue and ultramarine, unusual and inspirational chord changes, being able to sing again, contrasts of light and shadow, open workspaces, the life I used to have, and everything that doesn't annoy.

December 19, 2017
10:21 pm
leslee

I'm thankful for Nexcare waterproof bandages. They are so wonderful. They were instrumental in making my last Justin concert series possible, as my stubbed, cut, and blistered toes were wrapped in them. Now, I have one on a paper cut. Wheeee! They are so excellent - flexible and perfectly adhesive with no bulk.

I love Justin more, of course. But these thingies are sweet.

December 20, 2017
12:47 am
lunazure

Oh man I had a medical procedure, and they put this Battle Bandage on me afterward, it was about 8"X5" and absolutely kept all water and filth out, allowing said surgery point to heal. It was clear flexible plastic. But after a day (it was in a very sensitive spot) it started to itch like a madman, and after two days I tore the thing off!!!! YIKE it took hide with it! Kept antibiotic creme and lesser bandages on it after that, and showered carefully.

But I understand.... keeping the infection down is serious stuff. Hope you feel better.

December 20, 2017
7:21 pm
leslee

The house medic who treated my knee gave me an awesome bandage. He had some stuff on it, but whatever it was, my knee went from being all bloody to being healed in less than a week. I normally take about two weeks, skinning my knees on a regular basis.

December 22, 2017
2:03 pm
lunazure

Probably silver sulfadine. That stuff is like magic. Ugh I haven't skinned a knee in a while, was always doing it as a kid (my feet are too big I think) Poor kids, I always feel so sorry for the little spuds when they do it on the playground. Nasty injuries, painful.

December 24, 2017
3:10 pm
leslee

I never understood why people laughed at people when they fell down. Perhaps they never did it. Actually, I have never been a fan of slapstick. I recall being very young and thinking cartoons were real people. I didn't know much about technology, so I assumed some kind of cinematography converted real-life images into outline characters. Yes, I am very stupid. Anyway, it wasn't funny the way they would hit each other over the head.

December 25, 2017
8:26 pm
lunazure

About 4:20 is what I was looking for, but this is just as good. Yes,lots of funny damage being done here. I have no idea why people laugh at the misfortune of others. Heinlein talked about it in Stranger in a Strange Land. "Man is the only creature that laughs.... or needs to"

t=11s

June 18, 2018
1:11 pm
alexsharma
Forum Posts: 51
November 21, 2018
3:08 pm
leslee

This Thanksgiving, I am grateful for all the people who choose to play or have me play, "All Things Bright and Beautiful," because the title kick-starts my heart, if only for a moment.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2655

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110, bomojiy124, Doby1996, Josiaheyes

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0