Widget ImageUnexpected MB cover... | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Unexpected MB cover...
January 11, 2015
11:47 am
mushertom
Forum Posts: 60
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Was sitting at the local Mickey D's having breakfast yesterday (ok not the greatest choice for breakfast but convenient and quick) munching on my sausage biscuit when I heard a familiar yet not-quite-the-same tune on the sound system. It was a cover of "Go Now". Wow! Had not heard that broadcast for probably 40 years at least, maybe more. Thought that was relegated to history! No idea who the artist was but it seemed they were attempting to mimic the Moodies' vocals are precisely as possible. The instrumental work was noticeably different, but not at all bad.

January 11, 2015
12:48 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

It might have been the "lost" version of "Go Now" off the new box set. It would be Denny. It's a pretty nice recording too. There's nothing wrong with Micky D for a nice breakfast sandwich, I'll give you permission for that :) Used to be my breakfast of choice on the road before I swore off wheat bread. Sourdough is good for you.

I think the story is they recorded some songs at the Olympic studios on Baker Street, and those were "lost" or held back, and the "Go Now" version they released was recorded in the back of the Marquee after a night gigging there. After reading through the box set, they had very very bad management, no doubt about it. I give 'em A for effort and continuing to TRY and eventually making it.

January 11, 2015
4:11 pm
mushertom
Forum Posts: 60

Hi Luna,

OK, yeah, that makes sense and certainly explains why the vocals were so spot on.

Tom

March 27, 2017
1:17 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

Rolling this to the top for informational purposes.

July 6, 2018
8:38 am
maitrishah1
Forum Posts: 253
This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2655

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110, bomojiy124, Doby1996, Josiaheyes

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0