Widget ImageWhat are you hearing now? | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
What are you hearing now?
September 27, 2013
11:01 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I was a little down when the old site was wiped, but alas all things (good and bad) do eventually end someday. Anyway on the way home I drove past a Buddah on my neighbor's lawn, and thought about the smiling Hoti, and how much a good attitude really DOES determine ones reality. SO... with that in mind, I started humming a song I've always liked.... it won an award I think...

Bummer I couldn't find the original from the movie (loveliest MTV ever) but I like my nerds too, so this is almost as fun.

And tonight, a Beatles song started bopping around my head during my walk. I've always liked the harmonies in this actually..... there is much to be said for that British invasion era.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....UbgvfDQfFo

Ghostie posted this, thank you, and it should be reposted...

so to all the nerds at home watching the telly or the computer on a Friday night, have a good evening. Smile

September 30, 2013
12:39 am
moodyballetdancer
Forum Posts: 689

Here's one for you, Lunazure......

With Colin Blunstone and Rod Argent

https://i0.wp.com/img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/moodyballetdancer/2013Zombies%209_25/051_zps7d94dfdc.jpg?w=100Image Enlarger

September 30, 2013
12:41 am
moodyballetdancer
Forum Posts: 689

Photo taken in Milwaukee WI on Sept. 25th, 2013. Video on the Poesia. Fabulous band...The Zombies.

September 30, 2013
2:33 pm
MagicalBlueTail
Forum Posts: 166

lunazure said

I was a little down when the old site was wiped, but alas all things (good and bad) do eventually end someday.

'

From the ashes....(thanks for rekindling the thread, Luna)
mbt

feeling a little moody today since I had to switch names ...

Cool

September 30, 2013
2:56 pm
MagicalBlueTail

oh yeah (where are my manners today?), hello again fellow forum members Wink
https://i0.wp.com/i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/lvb_2006/pheo9.gif?w=71

September 30, 2013
7:49 pm
lunazure

Hey that's a lot of fun! Good remix extended version.... haven't heard that too much. And appro-poe. I notice the color of Justin's eyes got remixed in one of the photos too. Go figure!

Yeah people haven't noticed yet that the videos now embed automatically .... graphics will too, but not easily. You have to clip and paste the URL to the smiley faces on the back edit, then plug in the URL of the graphic you wish to post. Then paste in the whole shebang.

That might blow a few minds.... but I see you managed, BSFA.... ;)

Onward with the evening chores. I think we'll do just fine here.

PS I'm really not much for rock n roll, Zombies were ok but not THAT ok.... glad for those who enjoyed them. I feel like a Zombie myself sometimes....

October 2, 2013
12:31 pm
Pammypoo
Forum Posts: 70

lunazure said

Yeah people haven't noticed yet that the videos now embed automatically .... graphics will too, but not easily. You have to clip and paste the URL to the smiley faces on the back edit, then plug in the URL of the graphic you wish to post. Then paste in the whole shebang.

hmm, i have so little time anymore for playing on-line I don't know when I'll get around to mastering the new operations.
testing out the quote option.
also, there's no post preview either, correct?
ps
BlueSphinxFromAshes? sorry you lost your MBT name. What would you like to be called for short? The long version is a mouthful. Laugh May I call you sphinx or how bout minx. I like it a little more than an acronym. ppoo

October 2, 2013
6:40 pm
MagicalBlueTail

lunazure said

Hey that's a lot of fun! Good remix extended version.... haven't heard that too much. And appro-poe. I notice the color of Justin's eyes got remixed in one of the photos too. Go figure!

Oh I thought that it was the ORIGINAL spin they gave to that track--and that it aired on TV that year...maybe I'm wrong...but it could indeed pass for a remix-if there ever was a decent remix of it-this would definitely be it Laugh

October 2, 2013
6:48 pm
MagicalBlueTail

Pammypoo said

lunazure said

hmm, i have so little time anymore for playing on-line I don't know when I'll get around to mastering the new operations.
testing out the quote option.
also, there's no post preview either, correct?
ps
-BlueSphinxFromAshes? sorry you lost your MBT name.

--What would you like to be called for short? The long version is a mouthful. Laugh May I call you sphinx or how bout minx. I like it a little more than an acronym. ppoo

-Ah well, I don't feel bad about it now-guess it was meant to be--goes with the current theme of things--out with the old and in with the new (happy moody 'new year' and re-start, then Wink)

--Well, I reckon jus about anything might do that you like-EXCEPT: BS LOL (abbreviated acronym) on the other forum I overfrequent they just call me Phoenix - that's fine too(1811PhoenixInFlight)

if you think I'm being catty just call me MINX-yeah...
otherwise...its' all good

https://i0.wp.com/i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/lvb_2006/glitter-1-2.gif?w=52BlueSphinx/Sphinx/Minxhttps://i0.wp.com/i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/lvb_2006/glitter-1-2.gif?w=52

Well dahlins -this one gets me good and unplugged and lets me out of my own cage-it's very dynamic ---great HD Carnegie hall sound with the Bose headphones--so please get outta my way here folks cuz HERE I GO AGAIN!!!

October 2, 2013
10:12 pm
lunazure

OooOOoo Bose headphones.... I am not worthy

I was thinking sphinx-ter.....Wink

Heck for all I know that version of "Story " is the original, but it's not the one I'm used to. I like "different" ... it's rougher, more organic.

October 3, 2013
9:30 am
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

I just watched the infamous proposal in Cincinnati. It made me cry. Now, I'll go back to SOTWS - which, with one dose of serendipity mixed with another dose of inspiration, was wrested from my still defunct computer. Yay.

I like Whitesnake, too. My voice is about the same as their lead singer's - though I recently got a thumbs-up when I was singing with the Bee Gees in a traffic jam. You'll be glad to know I didn't have a cow over it, even if he was Australian.

October 4, 2013
10:57 am
Pammypoo

Ahh, Coverdale, although I thought that was Alice or Iggy for a minute, he-he.
leslee, you ker-ack me up!! lolol

~~~~~
pheonix - you minx!
when I think of you in that fashion it is more by way of the definition of an impudent young woman. not "being catty". YOU, I do not recognize as being catty....and I will stop there. Cool
I will try to find particularly super Coverdale vid looking very dashing singing one of his Page collaborations.

October 4, 2013
11:07 am
Pammypoo

lunazure said
. You have to clip and paste the URL to the smiley faces on the back edit, then plug in the URL of the graphic you wish to post. Then paste in the whole shebang.

Can somebody provide a different instruction pretty please? Part of my brain stayed home today and needs kindy-garden level help. Laugh
Specifically, what's the "clip and paste the URL to the smiley faces on the back edit"?

October 4, 2013
11:44 am
MagicalBlueTail

Pammypoo said

lunazure said
. You have to clip and paste the URL to the smiley faces on the back edit, then plug in the URL of the graphic you wish to post. Then paste in the whole shebang.

Can somebody provide a different instruction pretty please? Part of my brain stayed home today and needs kindy-garden level help. Laugh
Specifically, what's the "clip and paste the URL to the smiley faces on the back edit"?

hmmm what is we are trying to solve besides additions, specifically? Maybe I can piggyback on Lunas suggestion?Smile

now, ahem...{drumroll} 10+8=18 (I really don't understand the heartburn over the simple math cues fussed about on a different thread--my advice is: if you know how to add, then just goooo with the flow and prove it Laugh)

October 4, 2013
11:55 am
MagicalBlueTail

Pammypoo said

Ahh, Coverdale, although I thought that was Alice or Iggy for a minute, he-he.
leslee, you ker-ack me up!! lolol

~~~~~
pheonix - you minx!
when I think of you in that fashion it is more by way of the definition of an impudent young woman. not "being catty". YOU, I do not recognize as being catty....and I will stop there. Cool
I will try to find particularly super Coverdale vid looking very dashing singing one of his Page collaborations.

Ppoo! How are you?Laugh
Okay thanksWink Ah yes - Coverdale! You know I didn't realize until last year that he was also lead singer for Deep Purple in their latter days...but that kid has sure come a looooonnnnng way too hasn't he, babeh??Smile Yeah we "sure know where he's been" too but I don't think anyone is really supposed to know exactly "where they are going" to end up because that would spoil the journey! But "I sure do" love that voice--mmm mmm MMMM!!Laugh (oh yes I love Justboy's voice too --- but that's beside the point, here - I'm glorifying/recognizing other great stuff here as well Wink)

taking a few steps backward into time here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....2D0BC3A9B8

October 5, 2013
8:59 am
Pammypoo

~ did not know Coverdale was in DP.
Oh! The great bands that have happened through time!!
Here is something that blows me away.
I have been binging on Mandalaband's The Eye Of Wendor on long drives: makes my rides to Colonial Williamsburg (VA) via the bucolic back-roads truly magical. Anyway, I follow the creator David Rohl who dropped out of that venture for a number of years to go DEEP into his passion for Egyptology but who later revived Mandalaband and created two more parts (albums)
I love this video, England's Heart and Soul, because of the palpable joy sensed in the musicians as this beautiful composition is played and the guitar work of Troy Doneckley which takes off around 3:13. It's slow and mellow until then and then it takes off into something transcending.

If the link doesn't do it for you find it on youtube: Mandalaband, England's Heart and Soul

October 5, 2013
12:19 pm
MagicalBlueTail

that was very nice pammyp! :-)

2+10=12

October 5, 2013
12:44 pm
MagicalBlueTail

I always loved this one-brings back teenage memories of course when I was not going anywhere but was totally busting to do so...

so what were you guys and gals doing when this one came out? 1973? Did you like this one? Memory lane musings....c'mon now spill it right here, my little lovelies Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....9WFi3epgA4

My father is a doctor, he's a familiy man
My mother works for charity whenever she can
And they're both good clean Americans who abide by the law
And they both stick up for liberty and they both support the war.
My happiness was paid for when they laid their money down
For summers in a summercamp and winters in the town
My future in the system was talked about and planned

Laugh But I gave it up for music and the Free Electric Band. Laugh

I went to school in handwashed shirts with neatly oiled hair
And the school was big and newly built and filled with light and air
And the teacher taught us values that we had to learn to keep
And they clipped the ear of many idle kid who went to sleep.
Till my father organised for me a college in the east
But I went to California for the sunshine and the beach
My parents and my lecturers could never understand

Laugh Why I gave it up for music and the Free electric band. Laugh

Well they used to sit and speculate upon their son's career
A lawyer or a docter or a civil engineer
Just give me bread and water, put a guitar in my hand

Laugh 'Cos all I need is music and the Free Electric Band. Laugh

My father sent me money and I spent it very fast
On a girl I met in Berkley in a social science class
Yes and we learned about her body but her mind we didn't know
Until deep routed attitudes and morals began to show
She wanted to get married even though she never said
And I knew her well enough by now to see inside her head
She'd settle for suburbia and a little patch of land

LaughLaughLaugh So I gave her up for music and the Free Electric Band. LaughLaughLaugh

Oooh the Free Electric Band.
shaladah badup dup dee dee dee with Free Electric Band.

9+5=14

October 5, 2013
1:24 pm
MagicalBlueTail

my perennial favorite!Smile

Everyone tells me if I survive
Sooner or later help will arrive
Everyone says the sun's gonna shine
Sooner or later that's a long time

They tell me not to worry
Don't be in a hurry
Everything's gonna be great

They tell me I should slow up
Take my time and grow up
But sooner or later's too late
Sooner or later's too late

Maybe tomorrow maybe next year
Sooner or later love will appear
Lovin's a pleasure waiting is rough
Sooner or later ain't soon enough

They tell me not to worry
Don't be in a hurry
Everything's gonna be great

They tell me I should slow up
Take my time and grow up
But sooner or later's too late
Sooner or later's too late

3+4=7

October 5, 2013
2:00 pm
lunazure

Wow I had never thought about who did the theme to *Never Ending Story*. that was the first movie my son sat all the way through, I think he was about 4 or 5. He loved that movie, still does. Imagine; that came out of the disco era.... pretty song. In fact I ran over and posted that video on his FB.

Thanks for the Mandalaband vibes. I remember another Moody fan and I playing that on the way to a Tahoe weekend long ago, and we came into South Shore to this processional music, it was very cool. Those were good days. That whole album is really good, very under rated. Ah, blessed Albion...

Thank you all for the nice selections this morning!

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2655

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110, bomojiy124, Doby1996, Josiaheyes

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0