Widget ImageWhine, Whine, Whine | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Whine, Whine, Whine
January 22, 2014
11:31 am
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I finally got up the gumption to risk fishing for tickets (assuming I will still be employed and in this part of the world when the dates roll around). With the good seats costing $300 per ticket, I'm wondering if I should watch two concerts, attend six in the back rows, spend an hour a day looking for crumbs that fall from the table, or what. Actually, I"m glad the Moodies can command such prices, otherwise all tickets would be gone by now to non-fans. I'm just a little stunned, wondering how I might work two jobs at once.

I know, I know. $600 would feed a family for life in Sub-Saharan Africa if the evil dictators didn't use it to buy whatever they spend it on.

January 23, 2014
9:36 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

If you think I'm revealing my ticket strategies on public nets, you're nuts. It's every woman for herself!!!

January 23, 2014
10:03 pm
leslee

I'm begging. Can't you see my ravenous, puppy-dog eyes?

January 24, 2014
9:08 pm
lunazure

no. Laugh

January 25, 2014
9:09 am
leslee

Let me put on some more mascara to help you find them.

February 12, 2014
11:57 pm
lunazure

This seems a good enough spot, thread to post. I don't know what's going on with my family.... a lot of death and destruction right now. Had to talk to the hospice people yesterday about my dad, those people are sorta like vultures hovering. Yes the old fellah is very frail, but they don't need to rush the process..........

Then during the Superbowl, my brother's brother in law died with a heart attack!!!! So his family is sorta unglued right now............

Then tonight I got word that my cousin's son in law was killed in an avalanche, cross country skiing.

http://www.king5.com/news/loca.....55121.html

Not putting his name up of course, but I'm so friggin sad!!!!!!!!!! It isn't fair...... they were a really nice couple, both pilots, worked for Boeing, their wedding was one of the loveliest I've ever been too, only a year and a half ago. They had some really wild friends at the reception too, I wonder how many of those were under the avalanche too.

You know there ARE no answers for the ugly situations life hands us sometimes. We should thank our lucky stars we have it so good when we feel like whining. I hope my niece picks up and goes on with life, but this is going to be one heavy emotional blow, they were very much in love too. Talked with my brother (he has five adult children) and he said he called all his kids and told them he loved them.

What's really sad is I know that poor guy's body is probably still up on the mountain. It's cold and horrible weather up there.... not pretty. They were doing good to get the living off the slope and to a hospital apparently. Say a prayer for the poor guy.... how would you like to be dead, and under all that ice.

Thanks for letting me talk here. I can't post to Facebook 'cause they're on my feed, and I need to respect their privacy. A handsome young talented pilot and engineer, wiped out in a flash. No, not a good thing at all. Cry

February 13, 2014
10:41 am
leslee

Most people die. I'm happy they were good people. I'm sorry you miss them.

February 13, 2014
8:43 pm
lunazure

Heh my brother said something similar a few moments ago. I'm over the shock now............. but yes, we eventually have to accept that death is part of life. Flying planes and skiing have to be two of the most dangerous occupations/hobbies in the world. That, and walking high beams.

I confess to having a geeky fascinating with "accident forensics" seeing how disasters or crashes unfold, how it all fits together. I'll post later if anything more of interest comes around.

Sad............... no whining but life does go on. Yes I'll miss them at family reunions........ I hope she can pick up and go onward, maybe find love again. She has to.

February 13, 2014
9:19 pm
leslee

If you don't do anything (like me), you automatically kill your soul. Then, you get fat and flabby and susceptible to coronary complications. My brother just broke his foot missing a stair. 'Tis better to have lived and died, then never to have lived at all.

February 14, 2014
7:48 pm
lunazure

All true. Sitting at home is no fun!

Hope your brother feels better, leslee. Gotta watch that last step, it's a dilly!!!! I did something similar when a teen, walked on air and wiped out an ankle pretty bad. Ouch…. I learned to walk after that! Smile

February 15, 2014
9:27 pm
leslee

I broke two toes when I landed on my head, in an abortive backward somersault off a fence, avoiding being footage in a political film.

February 15, 2014
10:41 pm
lunazure

What was the original topic??? Oh yes, whining.

Actually I do need to work the whine factor into this paper I need to write, but do it delicately so I don't anger the professor. I honestly think if people would just suck it up and go onward a lot of times, we'd all be happier.

My dog whines when he thinks he deserves a Milk Bone. Often he's trying to fake me out.... there's food still in his bowl. So (shrug)

February 16, 2014
7:55 pm
leslee

Morgan Housel says:

26. You aced your SATs and went to an Ivy League school. You think this qualifies you to be a financial genius without realizing that the single most important skill in finance is control over your emotions, not control over a Greek formula.

For 1-77, you can click here. Bad at managing money, I'm guilty of most.

February 17, 2014
9:18 am
lunazure

Good for Housel! Yes even the brightest of students can do a serious nose dive when it comes to emotions and "real world" scenarios ......... I think I cured myself of complete idiocy when I found myself coming into the San Francisco Greyhound depot long long ago and saw the homeless dudes wandering around outside. There but for the grace of God go I, if I don't get my financial act together. I've relapsed a few time, but ultimately became quite Machiavellian when it comes to keeping debt free and lucrative.

There are ALWAYS options when it comes to income and retaining your money "for a rainy day".......... and if you don't take care of yourself, no one else will either.

"That's the waaaaaaay of the world"

February 17, 2014
9:57 am
leslee

I find myself in this wicked bind where there are so many ways to get the bills paid, but they're all evil, and so choosing to take none of the evil options, I'm in a worse moral situation than I would have been had I chosen any of the evils. I think it's my curse - which causeless did not come.

February 18, 2014
11:17 am
lunazure

"Somethings out of joint" ERI, *Shakespeare in Love*

Re-examine your basic premise. Who defined the "evil." Make your own definitions of "evil" based on rational premise. Study Darwin and Machiavelli. Use natures laws, not man's laws. Somehow the answer will dawn on you.

Remember, we all come to the same end eventually. In the meantime, it's only a game so put up a real good fight. I'm gonna be slithering in tonight.... (doo wah do wah...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just think, you could have been stiff up on the mountain all this time.......... it was as I feared. I'll never whine again.... just when you think life is in the groove..........

http://news.yahoo.com/men-kill.....ZJUDI5M18x

March 3, 2014
1:45 am
lunazure

Meanwhile back on topic.......... does anyone else have the same trouble getting decent shoes that I do? You see I have to go to memorial services next Saturday, and I don't want to go in boots, that's pretty heathenish, all I wanted was a nice medium heel black pump, something professional looking. NO patent leather, just plain black leather. I used to have a pair of these for my uniform, and those gave up the ghost long ago (I'm very hard on shoes, it's a dancer trait, we work every muscle in our feet). I usually wear slacks, and under those you can get away with anything.... usually fluffy boots.

Anyway I trailed through the Navy Exchange, as well as the entire Kitsap Mall today, bought a lovely scarf and book I didn't really need, but do you think I could find the right shoe??? Heck no, I wear a 9 AA, long Scottish foot I think, with LONG toes..... all the black pumps I found have little cute roundy short shanked toes. They looked like Minnie Mouse. All I can think is, my feet are very European. And most of our shoes these days are made in China, and the Asian chicks have short cute little toes. If I wore these things, I'd have a serious case of toe crack showing.

leslee you had on a very nice pair of shoes when I last saw you, and I saw several pairs like them. But I want a little shorter less spiked heel than that. And no patent leather!!! GRRRRR. What do I have to do, order them from Italy????

I really seriously hate looking for shoes. I was traumatized as a child, my mom would drag the malls looking for shoes with me in tow, whining. To her it was a sport. To me it's just annoyance.

March 3, 2014
10:42 am
leslee

I cannot help, so here is some useless information.

I don't wear normal shoes. I have a problem in that the girl I babysat used to beg them off me. If I didn't give them to her, she'd distract me, sneak them away, and run and play in them until they were too messed up for dress. As a result, I own a total of three pairs right now (and feel like a greedy capitalist for holding on to my one dress pair and not giving it to the "poor"). Yes, I have days when I grieve for the purple sparkly ones and the psychedelic aligator skins with the straps all over, and the perfect patent leather ones with the cork heels that so mesmerized a cop in Connecticut he told me where to find the scalpers. Ooh! I'm evil!

Sears has good, pragmatic shoes, but not in weird sizes. Frankly, I can't remember the last time I saw a AA pair of shoes. Italian shoes are the best, but the stores I went to in Italy were the worst at little, round-toe cheapies I've ever seen. Maybe they export all the good stuff. I've never scored a good pair of shoes at the Goodwill - unless you like crusty, curled-toe fashions.

March 3, 2014
9:54 pm
lunazure

Well curly toed freaks have to get their stuff somewhere! Actually I did score at Goodwill ONCE on shoes, just happened to find some black ugh boots in my size. Quite amazing. I sprayed disinfectant in them of course.

One time I scored three professional pairs of shoes at a garage sale, they fit great! The gal having the sale had my exact food (we had quite a conversation) she said she had retired and was ditching them ALL.

That's right you're more a disco queen than I am. I just want my feet to look nice.... but you've got the right idea, many men DO look at feet on women. Justin does, I've caught him in the act. Never sit in the front row in sandals without your toenails polished!!! ;)

Gray looks too.............. he was hilarious one night in the 90s looking at me and Rhonda Connelly in heels, in an elevator.

March 3, 2014
10:03 pm
leslee

So here's another whiny problem. I've never heard of it, but it happens almost every day. My toenails poke a hole in my pantytoes, and the nylon commences to strangle my second toe. How do people avoid this?

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0