Widget ImageDonny, Marie and Bee Gees thread | Rumor Central | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Donny, Marie and Bee Gees thread
April 17, 2017
9:04 am
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Thought we could all share. Something about Donny and Marie coming to the Talking Stick in Phoenix soon

http://image.exct.net/lib/fe6e.....e-hero.jpg

on Saturday, July 22, 2017 before they go on sale to the general public

(clipped and reposted)

Superstar siblings Donny & Marie Osmond are coming to The Ballroom at Talking Stick Resort on Saturday, July 22, 2017!

In show business since they were young children, Donny and Marie have both recorded multiple albums, toured the world and hosted their famed television variety show. Enjoy some of their chart-topping hits, including "Puppy Love," "Paper Roses," "Morning Side of the Mountain" and "I'm Leavin' it (All) Up To You."

Don't miss this exclusive opportunity to purchase tickets before they go on sale to the general public!

The Ballroom at Talking Stick Resort (101 & Talking Stick Way)
Limit of ten (10) tickets purchased per person
Tickets start at $75
Offer valid April 13, 10am - 7pm

To redeem, go online at ticketmaster.com and use the promo code: DMTIX4

*Offer valid for ten (10) tickets per person for Donny & Marie on July 22, 2017. Subject to limited availability. Must be 21 years or older to participate.

April 18, 2017
11:33 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

Yeah. It is nice to scoop all that up and contain it.

Bla-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neycPuntcYY

April 19, 2017
12:14 pm
leslee

Here's a rumor: Check out 5:44 in the first vid and 3:08 in the second:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AfXznngjGw

Are ancient aliens from the Pleiades programming them to sing the same harmonies? Is Andy still thinking about Morie MOrie on some level? Or are there only so many combinations of notes out there? We report, you decide.

April 21, 2017
12:25 pm
leslee

Here's my gossip. I think Andy's heart condition could have been the cause as much as the effect of the coke addiction (kick start my heart, as Motley Crue would say). Looking back on the videos, he's clearly pooping out. The looks of exhaustion, guilt, depression - why, they could all be explained by a pooping out heart. The missed appointments and falling into the wall story could also be attributable to a weak heart. Going further on a limb, rehab got his weight back, but thereby added to the load on his heart; reinforcing my impression of the medical profession as fixing pieces of the puzzle and, back then, lacking sensitivity toward new equilibria established by habituation (or the body's re-establishing of equilibria in general). He may have been built to last only thirty years.

April 27, 2017
6:08 pm
lunazure

Some people are indeed built cheap. Some just abuse themselves, Carrie Fischer was only a year younger than me, but she didn't take care of herself, by her own admission.

leslee you know we disagree sometimes, and I have to confess I'm not a big fan of Osmunds or Andy Gibb. They made money singing tho, not to be sneezed at. Someone somewhere has to like them, there is a market for their entertainment.

I think what gets to me, is Donny and Marie, Andy and Marie, were putting out "a pretty picture of love" a view that all was sweetness and light within their relationship. I think a lot of folks here in the Moody fan base have the same perspective of the Moodies, that they are beautiful to see, therefore must be perfect to know. Perhaps Andy, like so many before him, wanted to shatter that pretty picture too, and just be a real human.... therefore the downfall.

I feel the allure of that "perfect" Moody picture, yes. But the rational part of me keeps slapping me and saying "not reality not reality" Real people disagree and even sometimes fight. Some fight too much, some suppress their anger in the name of "peace".... there has to be a middle ground. THAT is reality, the maturity to look at conflict and resolve it. Not WIN the battle. Resolve it to the (usually compromised) satisfaction of all involved. When the make up and the mask comes off, the lights go down, you're just regular real people after all.

Sometimes spouses, well loved for years and years, DIE. Dang.... life is an imperfect place. How you handle it is your measure of character. I was watching Arlo Guthrie last night.... for him it ALL goes back to family. His father was a superstar of HIS era (the American folk movement) Arlo and his wife lived the hippy dream, ranch in Massachusetts. Many children, and now grand children, Money was never an issue. But reality catches up with us all and she died five years ago. He goes onward, and did a darn good show last night.

It sucks getting old, but that is where my generation is going now. That is reality. I prefer to live in reality, as depressing as it is. Two people in love, with their shining young faces, is not reality. It's a pretty picture, but no one is home.

If life was what we wanted it to be, I would still be swilling beer, gobbling pizza, and laying in a big hot tub with a glass of wine and a hotter stud. Reality does not allow that, unless I want to be included in the realm of "built cheap"...........

later edit, what I think I'm trying to say, is there is a good partnership and two people who care about each other. Then there is the MYSTIQUE of true love. Being in love with love and addicted to the thrill of love endorphins. Once the beauty fades, and the mystique and endorphins leak away, is the love and caring still there? Is that person still the one special rose on your lonely planet?

April 28, 2017
10:35 pm
leslee

I am not going out of my way to be an uncouth boar. I'm just trying to converse here. Again, any help with my manners and oversights is more than welcome.

I was thinking this morning how peaceful the world could be if we all accepted we all love imperfectly. We disagree a lot, I think, but at least you talk with me. That says a lot about you. I agree that peace is peace of conscience and not stuffing one's emotions. I live in a different part of the world. I look out the window over windswept, misty hills. The dogwoods, rhododendra, and azalea are now in bloom. The sky goes from textured gray to clear blue, and the sunlight dances on the new growth. I had three people say they loved me today, and the dog got about ten compliments. I love the video because it was beautiful, and I think truth, beauty, and love are things for which we should all strive. You may think a hunk in a hot tub with a beer is beautiful. I would enjoy fresh chords by a multi-part chorus resounding o'er misty hill and dale.

Honestly, I did not think much of Marie other than I thought she was pretty when I was young. But in my whirlwind obsession reading all I could find online about her and Andy, I would say she is the kind of person to love and care through thick and thin. As for addicts, I've known/known of a few who turned to drugs because they were hypersensitive in a good way, always trying to please and never succeeding (think Vincent van Gogh).

Methinks I'll watch Andy and Marie again. It's been awhile ...

April 30, 2017
8:38 pm
lunazure

I actually liked Marie Osmund too.... built to last, those Osmonds that's for sure. She is a lady of class. Andy seems very young.

Your manners are exemplary, worry not. I'm a rude [fill in your favorite insult] but I've lived in a shark tank for a good deal of my life. I've survived. Hammerheads, beware! I value your company too, leslee.

I think what I'm thunking my head on is, all the fans who collect the photos of our Moodies.... fall in love with the photo... have shrines to their favorite Moody... count how many pictures they have. Share their scrapbooks full of Moody photos.

I was washing the dishes (my hands in water set my mind free somehow) and wondering how women can be married yet still obviously in love with their favorite Moody (enough to go into total conniptions over it on line, jealousy etc.... very puzzling, especially 15 and 20 years) They aren't hiding it from their spouses. How do their husbands deal with this? Isn't marriage a thing of intimacy? That is my definition of love. Not collecting photos of my favorite star and staring at them in between times I get to actually see him/her. Are they just married to their husbands for the meal ticket? Is there no love left there? Just because you've captured all those images of someone, doesn't mean you're intimate with them!

Sorry.... I was burned badly in the performing arts when it comes to "love".... people play games. I learned the hard way. The guy I loved in high school was gay. The Navy was no better, pretty horny lot out there defending our country on the waves. True, even sex is not love .... (sorry I was just using it to illustrate.... hot tubs can be fun frolics, not that I get much action these days) but dollars to doughnuts, most men certainly think sex is heavily involved in THEIR intimate life!!!!!!! And a fair share of women too.

The older I get, the more failed and successful marriages I see, I think something Tennessee Williams said in *Cat on a Hot Tin Roof* is true. Big Mamma points to a bed, and says rather nastily "The marriage is made right THERE" I think it is very true. Kudos to those who do love pure and happy with no sex (may these people find one another). But in many cases, a fool underestimates the sexual needs of their spouse at their own risk. Wandering eyes are the least of it. If the intimacy isn't at home, the neglected spouse WILL go looking for it.

I found a good article that I think more Moody fans should read. Then I'm off to vacuum the floor. Got a lot of clean up done today.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/apr/29/intimacy-sex-better-relationships

May 1, 2017
11:13 pm
lunazure

I'm sorting out a lot of old clothing patterns right now... sheesh does anyone make their clothing anymore? Anyway it's an interesting walk back through time. Also, my poor ol' mom bought the same pattern over and over and over.... didn't use them, just hoarded them. I'm thinking there is about seven sizable boxes here full of sewing patterns. Two are boxed and ready for the Goodwill.... organizing the others.

Anyway what are the odds I would find "Marie Osmond Sews Super Quick" pattern... apparently she had a whole line. It's sorta cute, a sun dress/jumper thing with ties at the shoulders.

August 7, 2018
3:12 am
kiko
Forum Posts: 54

Thank you for sharing this video
the impossible quiz

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
1 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0