Widget ImageGordy | Rumor Central | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Gordy
August 16, 2015
12:18 am
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

OK there's a mad rumor on the loose that Gordy is dropping out.

FYI those who don't know his status, Gordy is a contract musician, he's been with the band since their 1991 tour, which is a LONG time.

My understanding of their contract is that either side can terminate whenever they feel like it; usually a contract lasts through a tour of course. Further my understanding is that Gordy has a band with Paul and is moving right along with that. And he and the Moodies are parting company in friendship.

That's all I know and I await official word like everyone else. Once the fans have a hold of it, it's usually a solid rumor. It's all over Facebook right now.

Later Edit: No it's not rumor. I think I figured out who spilled the beans, but I'm not talking. Fan clubs, what can I say? Cool Here is the FB from Gordy:

*Well I didn't want it to come out this way, but now I feel I need to clarify. There was no pushing or anything like that. It's just on this occasion it hasn't worked out that I can do the upcoming tour with The Moody Blues. The Moodies are my dearest friends and they always will be, I am and always will be their biggest fan. The Moody Blues cruise and the accompanying tour will be amazing with whoever is lucky enough to find themselves up there playing drums next to Graeme. Plus it's not like I'm disappearing of the face go the earth or anything like that - and If I can swing it, I will be buying a ticket and going to them myself. Love... Gordy x*

August 18, 2015
1:25 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

Oh, that's where you posted it.

I must say, that was about the nicest good-bye statements I've ever read. Maybe Gordy could write a book on friendship.

August 18, 2015
2:58 pm
lunazure

It's all be very positive. All except for the wild backstories I keep hearing. I don't know why. There seem to be a lot of angry people in our serious fan base, and they get scared by changes. Gordy is busy.... and he wishes to do something else, that's all.

August 18, 2015
11:48 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

Those back passageways sound scary. I wouldn't mess with them - unless they had a front-row ticket on the cheap for sale.

August 22, 2015
12:38 am
lunazure

Gordy also says he's getting a house in America! Good for him!

Later edit: Gordy says this was a joke! OK.............. British dry humor aside...............

October 31, 2015
10:45 am
lunazure

News is on the loose if you haven't heard already, about the new back up drummer for the band. Although we are rarely told anything "officially" (I refer you to the homepage for this newsgroup) it seems a pretty solid rumor. Here is the guy's Facebook account, and you can pan on down to read his statements about joining the band.

https://www.facebook.com/billy.ashbaugh.1?fref=ts

Glo posted this around the nets, it sounds legit to me, so I'm taking the liberty of posting it here. In the meantime, you all need to "keep up" because it's not my job to be making press releases for the band. I just like the news getting around to the right spots.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To all Moody Blues Fans.....

Feel free to share this in any circles you happen to travel in, because it would be nice for everyone to hear this. It was shared in the spirit of wanting more people to know more about him.

Billy Ashbaugh was one of many who auditioned from a select group of very good and respected drummers. He stood out in a number of ways, but especially his playing. Justin Hayward and others who worked on finding him, felt no one else was as perfect a fit as Mr. Ashbaugh.

He was compared to me with the likes of such greats as Dave Weckyl (drummer for Jeff Beck, Chick Corea) and also Neil Peart (from Rush).

That's some pretty tall comparisons!!!! Neil is especially one I have watched a LOT over the years.

We've all loved Graeme and Gordy, and Gordy will certainly be missed. He is a superb drummer, but his contributions to all that is Moody stretched much further than that in his tenure with the band. I'm glad he is free to pursue his other opportunities, we are always happiest when we can be found chasing our dreams, right?

Anyway... Watch some of these, and I think you'll all be as impressed with Billy Ashbaugh as I am! You will see why he was chosen, for sure!

http://www.drummerworld.com/Vi.....ssion.html

http://www.billyashbaughdrums.com/…

Welcome to the world of the Moody Blues (and their fans), Billy! We look forward to letting you WOW us!

August 7, 2018
3:10 am
kiko
Forum Posts: 54

Thank you for sharing this useful information, I will regularly follow your blog
slither io

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
1 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0