Widget ImageWays to get tickets and ways NOT to get tickets. | Rumor Central | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Ways to get tickets and ways NOT to get tickets.
October 14, 2013
6:16 pm
RSMoody
Forum Posts: 30
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I have been sick with cancer and Alpha 1 for some time, so when my husband and I found out the Moody Blues were adding Peoria to there tour, we thought this would be a great treat for us to look forward to in October. I had just seen tickets being sold on the Moody Blues Today site and they were through Crowd Surge . We bought the best we could get at the time, C 1 & 2. It then said we could pick them up at the "call" desk. We really looked forward to this night. We went early, as we were to meet someone, so around 5:30 Ray went to pick up the tickets. The man at the ticket booth said, "Oh I am so sorry. You are the second couple tonight and I'm afraid there are going to be more. This is a scam and there isn't anything we can do about it. " That was the last I heard. I went over to the door where they were taking tickets and started crying, with mascara running down my face and blubbering, " chemo" "waiting" "scammed" etc. I'm sure I looked pathetic. After a few minutes Ray came over and said, "No problem, I just bought us new tickets." I said, "Where are they, in the last row." He said ,"No, third row, middle". I almost had a heart attack. Ray said the band had released the tickets. and now we had better seats at a cheaper price. In the mean time, we did get our money back for the first tickets. A great time was had by all!

October 14, 2013
6:37 pm
forevermoody
Forum Posts: 291

That's really weird what happened with your first tickets through Crowd Surge -- it must have been a glitch where they double sold the seats or something. I've seen it happen before. Glad it all worked out for the best!

Janet

October 14, 2013
8:11 pm
RSMoody
Forum Posts: 30

It was not the fault of this web page. And...Crowd Surge was the people who returned the money. It happened to several people that night, but not everyone was able to buy other tickets. I would have been crushed!

October 14, 2013
11:28 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

A good story!!!! Glad it worked out for you

October 15, 2013
12:28 pm
Marilyn
Forum Posts: 6

Sorry you had to go through all of that and am also glad it worked out.
Thanks for the "heads-up" - CrowdSurge was also used for the Spring 2014 shows in Morristown. Although I accessed it through MBT, looks like I better get there EARLY!!Confused

November 13, 2013
2:14 pm
nancyg
Forum Posts: 5192

Glad that everything worked out of OK for you. Just out of curiousity were these tickets purchased through MBT?
Of the Fall 2013 shows that I attended KC was the only CrowdSurge ticket. Didn't have any problems but I make it a policy to always arrive early and carry my supporting paperwork with me for all shows. Of my Spring 2014 ticket purchases most of them are with Crowdsurge through MBT. Staying positive and will be there early with paperwork.
Heads up for those that might have purchased Durham tickets from CrowdSurge there is a big possiblity that they will not be honored. I was blocked from purchasing VIP with Ticketmaster due to living outside of NC and VA ("to avoid scammers") and the only way I could buy a single ticket was over the phone (row O----didn't take it).

November 17, 2013
2:02 am
forevermoody
Forum Posts: 291

Great advice, Nancy!

December 7, 2017
5:36 am
jose
Forum Posts: 1

Great advice and a good story!

March 30, 2018
4:06 am
wingsio
Forum Posts: 12

interesting. Reference phase and the most challenging project! Luckily I saw the article in this paragraph. bloxorz

April 10, 2018
4:16 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

You saw an article in a paragraph? This one sees the world in a grain of sand.

April 17, 2018
9:46 pm
templerun2
Forum Posts: 2

This blog is so nice to me. I will continue to come here again and again. Visit my link as well. Good luck
Run 3

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0