Widget ImageNext Cruise? | Suggestions | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Next Cruise?
February 5, 2014
12:06 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 2374
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Last night, I heard a presentation on Moogfest 2014. It is being remade/remodeled to emulate SXSW. Although the Moodies are not headlining, I was toying with the idea of going. I mean, who wouldn't shell out a few hundred dollars to make one's own custom synthesizer. The circuit-bending contest also sounded like a blast. I enjoyed the workshops before, which I attended on a press pass.

Anyway, I would be way more interested in attending a cruise, and might even get the gumption to beg time off work, if we could make it some kind of work/education cruise, rather than a party that goes from one port o' call to the next. I am probably not alone in digging the Moodies not out of some drive to be entertained so much as to partake of the soul food.

February 6, 2014
2:06 am
lunazure
Forum Posts: 2618

You're a work a holic................. I understand tho, cause I feel funny if I'm not working too. Took me four days to relax on the last cruise, and by that time it was time to go home! Laugh I wish they'd go to Hawaii or something.... the Caribbean just isn't my cup of tea. So many other really nice places to be.

Maybe I'm the same tho, I wish they'd do a "nature cruise" you know, go watch whales or Alaska to see the wolves and musk ox. cruise the Salish Sea and have naturalists doing lectures. Or maybe have some authors along, like a floating Borders Books tour.

I guess it's whatever they think will sell is what they will do. In this case, it's lots of rock music, and lots of booze and parties and sunshine.

Gosh it's 10 pm already, got to get some sleep. Later.

February 6, 2014
12:42 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 2374

But wouldn't it be fun to have Mellotron repair races or something? For $1000, Moog is providing lodging and transpo, the build-a-Moog workshop, PLUS a Mini Moog Voyager that works.

February 7, 2014
10:07 pm
lunazure

I'll bring my soldering iron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did see that the guy who did the Isle of Wight video will be along on the cruise. That will be interesting...

July 18, 2014
1:11 am
lunazure

I've decided the next cruise should be with Justin, Arlo Guthrie, Donovan, and any other acoustic guitarist you guys can think of. And it should go to Hawaii from the west coast. Or do the Med, if it had a good enough line up, I'd make the trek over.... I love the Med.

Can anyone else think of a good acoustic group for a cruise?

February 25, 2015
3:30 pm
nancyg
Forum Posts: 5192

Yesterday Graeme posted on Facebook

hi rascals,march 2016 stand by for lifeboat drills

September 12, 2017
5:34 am
WILSONJON
Forum Posts: 1
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

lunazure: 2618

leslee: 2374

moodyballetdancer: 685

forevermoody: 290

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Pammypoo: 70

mushertom: 57

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 1137

Moderators: 4

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 367

Newest Members:

Lizabic, CarylSight, Juliansok, Dynnochkamic, WildWilly, GeorgeDag, mattpoulin789, johnnycep, Josephblups, SusanCal

Moderators: Andy Dresser: 0, Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0, Karen Cole: 0

Administrators: admin: 0