Widget ImageWELCOME EVERYONE! | Welcome | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
WELCOME EVERYONE!
October 17, 2013
4:56 pm
moodyballetdancer
Forum Posts: 689
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Just wanted to welcome all new and returning members to this revamped Moody Blues board. Lovely to see you here. Enjoy the journey!

~ Bonnie

October 17, 2013
6:43 pm
chattycathy0201
Forum Posts: 1

Thanks Bonnie!, I'm just trying to figure things out!. Not the best on computers.:smile

October 17, 2013
7:36 pm
moodyballetdancer

It's going to take a lot of 'trial and error' on this new site since some features are gone. Nice to 'see' you again, Cathy. Thanks for checking in. Wink

October 17, 2013
11:20 pm
forevermoody
Forum Posts: 291

Hi Cathy! Most of us are having "technical difficulties" here, I think. :D

Janet

November 7, 2013
4:21 am
Just_Kate
Forum Posts: 40

Hello, I'm just popping in to introduce myself, as I'm a newbie. Cool

November 7, 2013
10:19 am
moodyballetdancer

Hi, Kate. Welcome!

~ Bonnie

November 9, 2013
2:26 am
Just_Kate
Forum Posts: 40
January 10, 2014
10:16 pm
Troubadour
Forum Posts: 6

I am new here, and when I try to edit my profile it says my profile is not here. But if I click on my avatar at least my profile comes up. Won't let me do anything with it. Is there some timeline from when you register and when you can fix your profile and other settings? Thanx....

January 11, 2014
12:02 am
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

The profile stuff is not very user friendly. Many of us on here are habituees of Facebook groups, TER, MBA etc.... there is a huge extended Moody community, of which this is a small part. Some of us know each other a little too well ;)

We're all very glad you found us. Most of us try to be nice and cool, but it can get wacky sometimes.

If you're looking for band history, you can try http://www.moodybluesattitude.yuku.com.... I think you have to find Moody Jill or Taran to gain membership, and it's no problem.... they just keep it "members only" to foil the spam.

If you are looking to socialize, you might try http://www.travellingeternityr.....d.yuku.com. They're a little too social for my tastes, so I stay out of their conversation stream, and just lurk.

Both of those sites have pretty prompt updates on tours, but not always.... often ahead of this site.

LOTS of groups on Facebook, just search "Moody Blues" or the various band member names. Each band member also has their own website with interesting stuff.... just a google away.

Hope that helps. Welcome kind person! Cool

January 11, 2014
4:14 am
Troubadour

I picked the name Troubadour as this and One Lonely Room are my favorite Justin Hayward ballads. Troubadour really speaks to me. I am a vocalist and love singing and that song makes me happy. Moody Jill has videos on youTube and I have them in my queue. Thanks for the kind welcome. I am going to see the Moody Blues in St Augustine Florida March 22, and I am flying from Portland Oregon, show tickets bought and time can't pass fast enough.

January 11, 2014
2:32 pm
lunazure

sounds like you'll do just fine in the Moody cyberworld. Cheers! :) wish I was doing St. Augustine, always wanted to visit there. Alas no resources this time.

January 11, 2014
4:06 pm
Troubadour

My niece lives 2 blocks from St Augustine Amphitheater. So I have a place to stay and we can walk to the show.

January 13, 2014
10:22 pm
moodyballetdancer

Welcome, Troubadour.

Many of us have been trying to 'fix up' our profiles/avatars and have requested info from admin for months. Alas, admin hasn't responded. Some members have figured it out. Some don't 'share' info. One person did but it's not working for many of us.

SO...welcome to the 'new and improved (?)' Moody Blues Today. Enjoy your sojourn.

December 3, 2014
10:36 pm
milkwhitegown
Forum Posts: 190

Hello from Houston, TX! I have been a MB's fan since 1967, seen them in concert dozens of times, and look forward to sharing and chatting with forum members! Smile

December 3, 2014
11:53 pm
lunazure

Be sure to read back through this thread for other links and communities. It's a nice big Cyber Moody world out there.

December 7, 2014
12:42 am
milkwhitegown
Forum Posts: 190

I have been bed-ridden with the flu since Wednesday and posting like a fiend, thanks for the diversion!

January 1, 2015
12:46 pm
downeternityroad
Forum Posts: 3

Could someone give me a brief overview how this forum works? I can't see where to initiate a question. I've purchased my first photo op package and wonder how the session plays out.

January 1, 2015
1:31 pm
nancyg
Forum Posts: 5192

I think you could put it under member help but anyway----
Congratulations on your first photo op package. You will receive an email closer to the concert giving you instructions on what time to show up at the box office. It can be as early as say 4:30 pm or so depending on when the concert starts. You will need your ticket, photo Id and a release form(that you won't paw the band members). Don't worry if you forget the release form---KC has the master form. Normally you get your picture taken onstage in front of Graham's drum kit, a signed lithograph, sometimes the sound check & the photo with the three guysSmile. Normally you go in one at a time and walk up to them and have picture taken by a professional photographer. After that they normally chase you out to the lobby to look at the merchandise.

January 1, 2015
9:11 pm
downeternityroad
Forum Posts: 3

Thank you, Nancyg!

January 2, 2015
1:55 am
lunazure

From experience, it's best to have your own camera, an operational one, and know how to run the flash. Depending on the night you might or might not get a reaction from them, sometimes they just smile and say nothing. Justin, Julie and Mike were very nice when I did my photo thing. I've never heard of anything naughty happening at these, nor of anyone being kicked out for groping! Most of us are too scared!!! (I sure was!) Laugh

If you're doing San Jose, I'll be there, not doing the photo, but it's a nice relaxed theatre. If you hear nothing, yes arrive 4:30 or 5 pm, and have ID and a copy of your ticket, receipt etc. Probably you'll get an email. KC is very nice, understanding, efficient and will have your name on Her List. FYI always have your paperwork, mess ups do happen with the venue sometimes.

San Jose is not the easiest town to get around in if you're not from there, so leave plenty of time.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0