Some of the content on Moody Blues Today is free to our visitors and does not require the collection of any personally identifiable information. This site only collects personal information from our visitors on a voluntary basis. www.MoodyBluesToday.com is the official Moody Blues website. By accessing this website our visitors can experience much of our content free of charge.
At Moody Blues Today we are committed to protecting your online privacy and the safety of all our website visitors. WE do not require our visitors to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity. The following policy describes how Moody Blues Today collects, protects, and uses information it receives from visitors to the website. WE recognize the importance of adhering to the highest standards of decency, fairness and integrity in the operation of this website and are committed to providing quality online activities and information to all visitors.
Remember, never give out your full name, home address, email address, telephone number, or any other personally identifiable information that would allow any other online user to contact you either online or offline.
Reminder for Parents
Moody Blues Today encourages children to consult with their parents before submitting any information to any website, including Moody Blues Today. However, WE believe parents should be involved in the online activities of their children and suggest that parents do their best to provide their children with a safe and friendly online environment.
INFORMATION COLLECTION POLICIES
Personally Identifiable Information
Some of the products and services on our site are offered without collecting any personally identifiable information from you. You may surf most of this site and its content anonymously without giving out any personally identifiable information. Moody Blues Today only collects personal information from our visitors on a voluntary basis. WE don’t require any personally identifiable information to obtain access to the area of the site that is free to the public, and only collect personally identifiable information such as first and last name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, gender and date of birth when visitors register to join Moody Blues Today members only section of the site or to receive promotional information from US or enter a featured sweepstakes or contest where such information is required.
Personally identifiable information is collected from our customers is used to fulfill requested transactions (such as purchasing or shipping merchandise) and to provide special offers and services through newsletters, mailings, emails and telephone calls by US. Personally identifiable information is only collected from children under 13 years of age with verifiable parental or guardian consent for the purposes defined below. If you purchase Moody Blues merchandise and services, WE may also collect a credit cardholder name, cardholder address and card number, street and billing address of any purchaser.
The Collection of Limited Personally Identifiable Information
Information provided at the Moody Blues Today website may be shared with The Moody Blues, representatives, and any existing or new record label they may join. WE are not responsible for how Third Parties handle the data once they receive it. When WE have co-branded or sponsored services, when WE host a site, or when WE join with other parties to provide specific services, WE may share (provide or receive) your personal information with them.
Reviewing Personally Identifiable Information
If you would like to review the personally identifiable information that we have collected about you or your child online, please send an email to Customerservice@moodybluestoday.com. After verifying your identity WE will send you an email with all the personally identifiable information that Moody Blues Today has collected.
Choice / Opt-out
Online visitors, including children under the age of 13 and/or their parents, who no longer wish to receive our promotional materials or would like to unsubscribe may opt-out of receiving these communications by sending us an email entitled “unsubscribe” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Notice for Consent
If there are material changes in the collection, use or disclosure practices to which a parent has already agreed, WE will send a new notice and request the consent of the parents.
Sweepstakes & Contest Rules
Moody Blues Today occasionally offers contests and sweepstakes, but does not condition participation in an activity on disclosing more personally identifiable information than is reasonably necessary to administer the activity. When you enter or participate in a contest or sweepstakes, WE request personal information from you (such as your full name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, gender and date of birth). The information you provide is used for the purpose of conducting the promotion (i.e. identifying winners). WE may also use this information to send you newsletters and other information we think may be of interest. Recipients of our mailings can unsubscribe by sending an email to email@example.com.
Moody Blues Today has taken steps to make all information received from our online visitors as secure as possible against unauthorized access and use. All information related to this website is protected through proper security measures, which are periodically reviewed.
Privacy Statement for Children Under the Age of 13.
The activities of this site are carried out in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. Under this Act, we may not ask a child to provide more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the free Moody Blues Today website.
On certain occasions, Moody Blues Today may offer sweepstakes promotions and/or contests. Children under the age of 13 will be asked to check a box indicating he/she is under the age of 13. If so, he/she will be asked to submit his/her parent’s email address. After retrieving such information, Moody Blues Today will send an email to the parent notifying him/her the child has registered and provide him/her with information about the program and give instructions on how the parent can remove the child from the promotion and/or contest. Moody Blues Today will use the collected information (emails) ONLY to notify the promotion and/or contest winners and their parent that they have won. Moody Blues Today requires the winners’ parents to provide us with all information other than as needed for legal requirements in connection with the promotion and/or contest. At Moody Blues Today, we will ONLY collect the child’s email as well as the parent’s email for promotional or contest purposes and in no event will Moody Blues Today use the information for any other purposes than to award prizes. The child will not be able to enter any sweepstakes or contest if he/she does not submit his/her parent’s email address.
When we receive a request to purchase merchandise from a child under the age of 13, which would require our collection of personally identifiable information, an email requesting the consent of the parent along with instructions on purchasing the merchandise online or via telephone or mail is sent to the parent. The parent must fill out the personally identifiable information needed including the parent’s credit card number to consent to the child’s purchase.
Message Board Policy
Participants can create an account for free to participate on the Moody Blues Today Message Boards. It’s recommended that visitors never give out their full name, home address, email address, telephone number, or any other personally identifiable information that would allow any other online user to contact you either online or offline.
The information, ideas or opinions posted through this website do not necessarily reflect the views of US. WE shall not assume responsibility or liability for any postings or for any claims, damages or losses resulting from their use or appearance on this website. WE will sweep the message boards periodically at our discretion.
• WE do not allow postings that contain profanity or obscenities;
• Please be respectful of others. You can debate and disagree all you want but don’t insult fellow board members.
• WE do not allow posts or links to sites that are sexual in nature or violate our standards. The AF1 team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
• WE do not allow posts that contain private or personal information that identifies a user or another person;
• WE will not tolerate slanderous, defamatory, threatening, rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, harassing comments; and other information that Moody Blues Today believes is inappropriate.
• Absolutely no threads promoting or condoning illegal drug use or illegal activities.
• Do not start another thread for an already existing topic or that thread could possibly be locked, removed or moved to that appropriate already existing thread. Please keep all related postings to that thread under that topic
• Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, blog comments, picture comments and private message systems to spam other members.
• Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
• This message board may only be used for noncommercial purposes. Users may not post any information intended to promote or generate revenue for themselves or other third-party businesses.
• Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
• WE reserve the right to edit, delete or refuse to post any messages that violate its policies and does not endorse the accuracy or reliability of the content posted by its users.
• WE reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
• WE reserve the right to ban anyone, without notice, who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our forum are a privilege and not a right.
• Keep your avatars and signatures to a minimum. Let’s face it, when threads are longer in signatures and graphics than they are in content, we know we have a problem! Please stick to the limits below… Thank you in advance!
GIF and JPEG file formats only with a maximum dimension of 80 pixels wide, by 80 pixels tall. File sizes are not to exceed 75K, and animated GIF’s are allowed. No profanity. No 3rd party advertising for any website(s).
A maximum of three lines of text or 255 characters , with any graphic image counting as one line (only one image is allowed). GIF and JPEF file formats for any image with a maximum dimension of 100 tall by 150 pixels wide. File size is not to exceed 25k, and animated GIF’s are allowed.
Please do not post links to 3rd party sites or unlicensed, unauthorized or bootleg Moody Blues materials. You have lots of other message boards for that kinda stuff. You may however, have a link to your own personal website in your signature or Profile. The content of your personal website may be reviewed, however, and based on how it ranks as a PG-13 website, you may be asked to remove the link to your personal website from your signature and in some cases, your Profile.
WE reserve the right to edit, delete or refuse to post any messages that violate its policies and does not endorse the accuracy or reliability of the content posted by its users.
By submitting a posting on Moody Blues Today message board, you agree to hold us harmless from and against any breach of your representations, warranties or undertakings.
Children under the age of 13 must receive verifiable parental consent, which is received through the registration process in purchasing merchandise from the Moody Blues Today website, in order to participate on the message boards where personally identifiable information may be posted.
Again, Moody Blues Today encourages participants not to post personally identifiable information on the Message Boards and retains rights to remove any personally identifiable information that may be posted.
Basic Guidelines to follow:
Golden Rule – Respect Yourself & Others
– No X-Rated pictures, jokes, videos, links, etc. No racist remarks. There will be no tolerance on this.
– Swearing (including defeating the automatic censor) will not be tolerated.
Locked or Deleted posts
– If one of your posts is locked or deleted, please do not start another thread dedicated to why it was edited. If you have a problem with your post being locked or deleted, please send a private message to an Admin/Moderator describing the problem.
No Defamatory or Political Signatures
– Leave the polarizing divisive political statements out of your signatures.
No Drug or Illegal Related Posts
– Absolutely no threads promoting or condoning illegal drug use or illegal activities.
– If a post is deleted and labeled as spam then we consider it spam so please do not post it again.
Leave if you don’t like the way the forum is run
– It’s impossible to make everyone happy. We will do our best to keep this forum a fun and positive place for Moody Blues fans to gather on the Official Moody Blues website. If you are unhappy with the rules posted above please don’t turn the AF1 forums into a negative place – we only want to create good karma and a healthy environment for all.
This is a FAN site
– Remember fist and foremost this is the Official Moody Blues website – a place where fans come and gather and talk about a common interest. If you are not a fan please find the appropriate forum elsewhere. The Internet is a big place, you shouldn’t have a problem finding one.
These rules and guidelines can change without notice as we see fit.