Widget ImagePlea to MBT Mods, Admins and Band | Customer Service | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Plea to MBT Mods, Admins and Band
October 12, 2013
9:15 am
Pammypoo
Forum Posts: 70
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I have sacrificed a great part of my Saturday morning writing this, when I should have been on my way.
I am not nearly as vocal as in years past and the topic which I write is largely the reason. But there is no better time than now.
This board is still relatively new, in its latest version, and things seemed on the surface to have been going well. It wasn't until I read every single post that I caught a few toxic bombs. My prayers and wishes expressed in the "Oh, Marvey" thread, alas did not make it out there to the great Universal Stabilizer in the cosmos.Frown

Someone on another thread nicely posted:

Now just in passing, could we all please be aware that the "post Moody depression" thing will be kicking in shortly for those whom the tour has left behind, so please don't use this community to say toxic stuff. Play nice, everyone.Wink

VERY SERIOUSLY NOW - A MESSAGE TO BOARD MODERATORS AND ADMINS
THIS new iteration of MBT gives an opportunity to clean house, to sweep out the old dusty dirt and refuse that had accumulated over time and begin afresh.
It is like moving into a new house. All is fresh, all is new.
The opportunity is great for everyone to let their better angels prevail.
- and for men and women to behave with Grace, dignity, love and personal integrity.
I sincerely hope MBT board administrators and MBT board moderators and even the members of the Moody Blues themselves make the effort to read, really read this board and yes, POLICE and admonish persons for sniping, insulting, attacking, badgering, bullying. The open public forum is no place for those having a penchant for attacking directly others with whom they have an ax to grind. Some think they are skilled in veiled messaging and subterfuge. er, uh-ah. wrong. The claws, fangs and dark intentions stand-out with incredible clarity with an ounce of perception and it isn't becoming. It drives good people away and that should not be what you want here, MBT.
IT IS NOT COOL.
Such behavior should be admonished.
People who do it should be shunned, as BULLYING is one of the lowest of low a grown woman or man should resort under ANY circumstances.
It puts their sanity under scrutiny; as rational people - thoughtful, caring people - do not resort to verbal attack; facetiously or insincerely cloaked in lyrical snippet. Sorry folks, there's no way to attack someone out of one side of your mouth while qualifying with love. That is a perversion of a beautiful sentiment so don't do it. It is an insult to a lovely man who would hate having his lyrics and meaning abused in such a way. I've seen too many people do this here and on another Moodies message board and it is blatantly hypocritical, clearly contradictory and insincere.
There IS no justification for bullying.
It is classless, childish, ignorant, disruptive, rude and beyond the pale, ESPECIALLY on a Moody Blues posting community, where said band is inherently the antithesis of hatred, pettiness, incivility, dis-harmony,
I know for a fact MANY people do not post to Moody Blues Today because a few people had a penchant for overly-aggressive personal attacks to others and it made the casual Moody fan EXTREMELY uncomfortable. - to the point most stopped posting.
It may happen again if MBT management doesn't get a handle on this and 'nip it in the bud' from 'jump',
I have been around a long time and remember when the boards were anchored in, if not love, courtesy and decency...... back when people for the most part got along.
Even when there may have been those with personal problems or issues, these things were kept off the boards.
Then, ALL could enjoy an open forum of communication about all things Moody and personal differences were kept out of the public forum.
It is not that difficult.
Just think about others' feelings.
Think WWJD.
Consult your old Social Etiquette book.
Think the Golden Rule....Do unto others....
And when all else fails, think before you send the post. If it seems hateful, mean, insulting, hurtful to someone, IT IS - so DON'T POST IT.
It is below human decency, pollutes the board, demeans your character and devalues the entire quality of the board.
Let's not have this diminish to a classless, brawling mud-pit of inhumanity.
This world is troubled and twisted enough.
May we not have some haven, some respite from the BS we deal with day in and day out on in our daily lives?
Can this not be a pleasant escape from what is witnessed every day on the vast dumping ground of filth and incivility the internet as a whole has become?

These things Moody Blues Today AND the Moody Blues, and all fans wanting to be viable members of this board, should be concerned about.

Most Sincerely,
Pam Davis

October 13, 2013
11:00 am
moodytoni2
Forum Posts: 3981

I agree with Pam 100%!! It went on too long on the old board--I didn't like seeing stuff like that and I'm sure most people on this board didn't. I hope it stays the "new" way.

Toni

October 13, 2013
6:57 pm
RSMoody
Forum Posts: 30

I totally agree. I will not stop posting even though I AM being bullied.

October 14, 2013
12:34 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

I apologize if I've been bully-ing you (truly) I do have to watch myself as I was raised in that sort of family, we're all Type A personalities. However, you are probably referring to some other chronic culprits in this department. I try to ignore them personally, as again, it's perhaps their own "family training" in action.

I also assure you the moderators (and band) know who they are, but find it more valuable to watch them than to stop them. Aggressive fans on line are often aggressive fans at stalking the band. All security has to do is read the posts.

Best approach, no don't stop posting. These forums are like group therapy, only with no facilitator on duty most of the time. Lot cheaper than Group too. It's sometimes a bit like being at Alice's Mad Tea party.

Onward, and everyone keep the posts positive I agree, Do put ups, not put downs.

October 1, 2018
7:11 am
maitrishah1
Forum Posts: 253

Your post is great and free gift codes generator meaningful. Thank you for sharing this free gift card generator article. I would like to receive better and free gift card generator better articles.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2659

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

larapeter, nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0