Widget ImageSpeed | Customer Service | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Speed
October 3, 2013
9:25 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I used to visit the old forum on the fly at work and make some smart-alecky remarks. This forum, however, takes what feels like five minutes just to download a page. After about five pages, the website crashes. The old site was a whole lot easier to read, too. I could get used to the new scene if I'm the only one with the hangup.

October 3, 2013
9:27 pm
leslee

And another thing. What if the random sum generator asks us what 1+1 is? I mean, by now that answer just ain't true.

October 3, 2013
11:51 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

Laugh

thanks I needed a chuckle! Smile I agree, it's a little sluggish isn't it? Less is more etc...........

I feel the need, the need for speed............. some goon at Top Gun, Miramar, California, USA

October 4, 2013
9:35 am
moodytoni2
Forum Posts: 3981

Yes, it is a bit slow, but as long as I can gain access to this site, i just go with the flow. How does one receive emails from here if you can't get onto the email list??

Toni

October 5, 2013
11:00 pm
mushertom
Forum Posts: 60

Hi All, Mushertom here. I was wondering if I was the only person having problems with the updated site and forums. My experience has been absolutely horrible. Didn't know if the problem was in my machine, my browser, my ISP, or what. Page changes and response times are running 30 seconds to a full minute - I've timed it. Totally unacceptable. And no, I am not using dial-up. This will likely be my first and last post, ever. I will probably visit the site from time to time to stay current on news and such but that is about all.

October 6, 2013
10:06 am
moodytoni2
Forum Posts: 3981

It is kind of slow--I'm not sure if it's coming from my end, either, but evidently I'm not the only one with this experience. Maybe it's because it's a pretty new site--I don't know.

Toni

October 6, 2013
10:21 am
6THAPSQDN
Forum Posts: 2

Good morning. 6THAPSQDN is the alter ego to Mushertom. Don't ask why I entered two user names... it's kinda silly and unimportant. Being an ex-Navy person Luna probably can see it is a designation of a military unit - 6th Aerial Port Squadron, my USAF unit overseas during the Vietnam Era and the Moodies definitely helped me get through my tour at Udorn RTAFB Thailand. Music was the escape from 12+ hour a day shifts for weeks on end.

I could only add that the slowness of the site and forums will likely help cut down most of the frivolous and sniping posts that were all too common on the old site. No one is gonna want to spend the time to create such meaningless drivel. I hope.

October 6, 2013
2:41 pm
lunazure

You can't edit either. We should all be careful what we put on the Internet anyway. I have pretty high speed Internet, so I guess that's why I'm doing ok. With the upgrade came the new speed.... for better or worse.

Hmmm what did you fly, Musher? Pilot? or ground pounder? My dad worked on the air field at Ton-senute (don't think that's the spelling, it's phonetic). Thankfully my brothers were on nice safe warm ships off the coast somewhere... I did my time turning wrenches on USN jets too.

October 6, 2013
4:22 pm
6THAPSQDN
Forum Posts: 2

Hi Luna, no I was not aircrew during my service time. At Udorn I spent most of my time as NCOIC of the Aerial Port Traffic Section, supervising cargo selection and ramp operations. We would turn around a C-130, C-141, or C-5A during peak operations about every hour to 90 minutes. For a detachment of about 12 guys running 24 hours a day, that wasn't too shabby.

As a civilian I earned a commercial pilot license with single engine, multi-engine, and instrument ratings. Flying was never my primary employment but I did make a few $$$ part time.

Yes you can edit, but apparently only up to the point where someone posts a reply. This paragraph is an edited add on to the original. When you look at your post, in the upper right corner there are selection boxes marked "EDIT" and "QUOTE". Click on "EDIT" and you can get back into your original post. Once someone replies, the "EDIT" box disappears.

BTW, when I clicked SAVE POST on this original, it took ten minutes to actually clear and allow me to move on. Not fun at all.

October 7, 2013
12:22 am
lunazure

Yeah, it's a "high speed" thang.... some folks will have to upgrade to interact on here. Seems a shame they couldn't do something simpler. It cuts out a lot of people.

I spotted the edit tab.... it is as you say it is. I guess it's ok.... just makes one more careful about posting. Which is good.

Ah, in Navy terminology you would have been an Aviation Boatswain's Mate. That IS pretty good time to turn around a big cargo plane. I can't remember the number designation on the planes we flew to and from Diego Garcia, but they were quite sizable. When we went home, they stuffed what was left of the ground squadron (those who couldn't wangle rides on the P3Cs themselves, what we flew out of Dodge) we were fit into the seats they put in the upper part of the tube. The bottom is where they stuffed things like tanks, small helos and our gear if that was being shipped too. What a treat pack out always was. :P

Used to be there was a regular run in the Pacific out of California (Travis AFB?), up through Adak or Juneau, thence around the Aleutians to Japan (Yokosuka or Okinawa, Kadena?) then down through Singapore, Angeles City (PI) and on into Diego Garcia. Then the crew would rest for a day (they'd be lolling about in the sunlight getting tans) and then they loaded up the mail and stuff going BACK and did it all in reverse. Man we watched for that plane coming in... fond memories of sitting on top of a plane, turning a wrench, and seeing that plane coming in for a landing. MAIL CALL!!!!!!!!! :)

Those days were interesting, but for the young. I'd kill myself if I tried to crawl up on a plane and fix it today. Shudder.

October 10, 2013
9:39 am
leslee

This is frustrating. The pages for the threads I want to read cannot be displayed. I only wanted to find out if there were any updates on Justin's well-being. Answer: This page cannot be displayed. Can I swear?

October 12, 2013
12:12 am
lunazure

In space, no one can hear you swear..... it's between you and the Almighty.

Get some sleep, we'll all know in a bit. Smile

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2659

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

larapeter, nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0