Widget ImageHomework assignment for leslee | Justin | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Homework assignment for leslee
July 31, 2017
9:29 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I now have an earworm of this

I've decided you don't have enough to do. Your assignment, should you choose to accept, is to find all seven interviews with Justin post-summer 2017 tour, and listen to them. They are also all linked on my site as well as MBA. If there is a huge 2 hour podcast, try about an hour and 20 minutes into it, unless you enjoy English radio (some do)

Simon Mayo

http://moodybluesattitude.yuku.....X_WkGd9mUQ

Sean Styles

http://moodybluesattitude.yuku.....X_V6Wd9mUR

Alex Dyke

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p057m7lb

Tony Fisher

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p057m3z5

Mike Naylor

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programme.....7x1gr#play
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alex on BBC Wales July 30

http://moodybluesattitude.yuku.....X_VZmd9mUR

AN ABREACTIVE NERVOUS RESPONSE????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abreaction

After I read this (at first I DIDN'T read it, I just saw Freud and dove out of it... YUCK) I have to put this together a bit more.

"Abreaction (German: Abreagieren) is a psychoanalytical term for reliving an experience to purge it of its emotional excesses—a type of catharsis"

With Freud, his approach to any psychiatric situation (or for that matter, any health issue) was to say that something had been shoved into the subconscious, and it needed to come out. Therefore any unusual behavior (such as almost falling asleep in my astronomy class which I almost did... after a good night's sleep too) is some response related to a traumatic event in my life.

Sure

The only thing I can say is, if Justin can't get his sleep cycles straight, talk to his doctor. Myself, I believe in good restful sleep, and that means locking the door to my dear cats sometimes. It also means I take "magic cookies" with me when I do a mad Moody journey, because I sleep terribly in hotel rooms. I'm sure cannibus is legal where Justin lives in France (as it is in my state.) There IS a type of cannibus which is wonderful for sleep, and it's organic. If he's passing out and sleeping uncontrollably. Everyone, see a doctor before sucking any Freudian terminology into your psyche. I'd lend credance to Dr. Leary before I'd take Dr. Freud seriously!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AND one last one I haven't heard yet because I have homework to do. A lot. Ahem. It's ok to take some time off now, Justin, and go sniff some flowers. But it IS nice he's getting all these radio spots.

http://moodybluesattitude.yuku.....X_WM2d9mUQ

August 1, 2017
4:00 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

Too little to do. This week: Research and compile 30 pages of briefs, attend county commissioners' meeting and write two articles, hang out here at work fifteen hours a day doing the normal job and covering for the housekeeper whilst she's on vacation, and getting the guts to ... (See below.) Why do I never find the time to practice piano or write music or paint or study physics anymore? I"m so lazy.

Thanks! I am so much enjoying every single interview. I love listening to Justin's voice, even if it is the same stories. It helps kill the emptiness between concerts.

I thought I had listened to everything, but it appears I missed the bit on sleep getting messed up. My cure for that is to sleep until rested. I don't like the idea of consulting doctors. I, of all stupid things, got attacked by a caterpillar a couple days ago, and now, try not to laugh, I suffer caterpillar poisoning - bumps covering 25% of one of my legs. I Googled the problem, because I prefer to pay a penalty/tax than buy Obamacare; and the Internet instructs me to see a physician. That, I say, is only because those posting advice don't want to get sued. It is my opinion, from the experiences of people I know, that the medical profession is not in the business of healing, but in the business of avoiding lawsuits.

I didn't hear about he sleep problems. You will recall, I fell asleep standing, waiting for Bill Bailey to fix his camera at the last Moodies' Christmas Party. It doesn't take much imagination to guess where or why.

My biggest problem falling to sleep is my bosses, whose former "office gals" could go two years with no sleep. The last time I worked for one guy overnight, repairing a database, I started overwriting all my work. They had a great kitchen and a wonderful lounge there, where I would go steal some sleep on occasion. I had the best dreams there. The job was rather flaky, and though said boss is begging me to return, I have a panic attack whenever I think about it.

I thought Jung's was the subconscious school of thought and Freud tied everything to what I cannot speak in polite company. My friend Carol studied psychology and then suffered depression. She sought help, but didn't want a Freudian shrink. So, when she met the doctor, she asked to which school he subscribed, and he said, hands folded and with stuffy airs, "I perceive that you are paranoid." She was smart enough to follow through.

OK. I must find out about this sleep stuff. Thanks again for the great assignment!

August 1, 2017
4:35 pm
leslee

OK. Thanks. I missed that interview. My cure for insomnia is - warmth. When I had my own place, I would crank up the heat. Now, I just put the hair dryer under the covers.

As for falling asleep before shows? I dunno. Is it a problem? Could be nice.

August 1, 2017
4:38 pm
leslee

P.S. Marge says don't take caffeine after noon. What is this? Fox News giving the president advice?

August 1, 2017
7:32 pm
leslee

It's like this. Back before I slept on the office floor all the time, I had flannel sheets. Cotton/percale sheets are too clammy for me. To go to sleep, you can either pull the sheets out of the dryer right before bed, or put a heating pad or a hair-dryer on them to make them warm and cozy. Have a comforter and maybe an in-between blanket. Then, at bed-time, everything will be clean, warm, and cozy.

Carol says eat a baked potato before bed.

August 1, 2017
8:32 pm
lunazure

I just kinda go off on sleep issues... I have my own problems, and it's all stress/anxiety, the common cold of our modern era. I got all my sleep yesterday (I actually check times and such... seven hours, six in a pinch, five in an emergency) BUT I still was nodding off in a class, very embarrassing, he's a nice prof too. Stress kills. Eventually if you live a life of eternal stress, you start to crave stress, and your immune system suffers.

Justin has always complained about his sleep. Most musicians are night owls by nature... some of us just naturally stay awake all night, go to bed naturally about midnight to 2 am, and then get up about 10 in the morning. Left alone that is my normal pattern. If Justin has to get up and do an interview or board a bus at 10 am I'm sure he's got issues.... you are so jacked up on adrenaline after a show (fans and band too) who can sleep? And as you age, it can change too. Summer is pretty rough on me personally, because with first light I'm up chirping with the birds, despite perhaps having been up until 1 am. I use dark blinds.

Part of me stressed out over the DJ, Townsend and Justin all knocking around a psychiatric term which was something Freud coined... yes Freud based all his initial theories on nine women who had been raped and/or were locked in institutions by abusive husbands. (Do not be afraid to discuss rape. Leaving it in the shadows does not help erase the disease from our society.) Freud's theories are workable, but he is a really bad example to take so matter of fact-ly. Adler and Jung are my two favorites from the old psychodynamic era.

Daddy Jung worked with symbols, myth, astrology, dreams and yes the subconscious. He and Freud had a falling out and parted ways, but both essentially worked with "a suppressed sub conscious" that is stuff you have sublimated or forgotten. Then it comes out as angst, hives, fugues, bad backs and stress.

I worry about Justin in that way (shouldn't I suppose, he is a big boy) but there are probably a lot of charlatans running around the Riviera claiming to be counselors, and "using big words" to impress and amaze those with money to throw around. "Abreaction" is just a fancy way of saying "Your inner demons are surfacing and raising heck with your everyday life" ....

As we both are saying... a good night's sleep will work wonders. And if it's a REAL problem, one should see a doctor. And don't let them put one of those horrible head gear things on you. Sleep apnea can be cured by training yourself to sleep on your side. Sleep apnea is a real big culprit in insomnia (ie snoring.)

I suspect you are a "five hour a night" person from observation, leslee. My brother is like that, his whole family prowls all night, and gets up early. I don't like to visit them, noisy bunch. Some people naturally just need less sleep. Some naturally need more. It's a super interesting field of study.

OK I'm not licensed, so my advice all comes with "see your doctor" caveat/

Caterpillar: try putting ammonia on it.. Or take an anti histamine cold tablet. Good luck.

OK back to my homework. Two tests tomorrow. Kiss

August 1, 2017
9:07 pm
leslee

On second thought, maybe I should give Justin my phone number, as people are always yawning when I'm trying to deliver a message.

That was weird. A light bulb burnt out, and I was too lazy to change it. It just came on again.

I sleep as the job requires. I think I'm best on seven hours, but who has the luxury for that? I do my best thinking maybe around 4am until other people start making distracting noises. I used to always slouch around 3pm. It would be good time for a siesta. Then, my analytical brain liked to go to sleep around 10pm. I started writing music a long time ago, just to have something creative to do when that happened. Then, I would look at the clock, and it would already be 5am. I don't do anything creative anymore, I just crawl the habitrail to have enough to pay the bills and support the Moodies habit. I can see how somebody creative like Justin could get so involved in making beautiful music that sleep becomes no object, but I don't think that is what he was saying the problem was.

Sometimes when I cannot go to sleep, I think happy thoughts. That might be like reviewing the last concert and all the cute and cool things I saw Justin do or say or sing. So - the light just blinked out again - for Justin that would be like asking him to look in the mirror, and that would be weird.

August 1, 2017
9:08 pm
leslee

What classes are you taking?

August 2, 2017
9:18 pm
lunazure

Spanish I and a survey of science... and I'm stressing but passing (which is all I need to maintain my certificate) Spanish is kicking my bleep.

Audio for the 13th floor interview

https://www.13thfloor.co.nz/?p=91345
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Totally new one

Justin Radio starts at 2:10:05 then continues later around 3:25 after talking about a rat infestation. Thanks to Dorie

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p058mxdj
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry I've been very very busy... sigh a bit of a break right this moment. At school I did run into a woman who said her "stress reaction" was to go to sleep as well! This was as I was standing outside the class, after having a coughing fit. We are all different, my stress reaction is very like asthma (my son DOES have asthma) so I try to stay super well hydrated and use Biotene.

Hope you have a good weekend, leslee. I'm making gumbo tonight. Cleaning out the refer.

BTW I wasn't implying you're noisy, leslee... (I read it back) you are one of the quietest people I've ever met, and do not snore (I know I do) You just don't seem to need much sleep and you always wake up before I do. ME I'm terribly noisy!!! Frown

later edit: yet one more article, Justin WILL be in Holland after the October Downunder tour ends.

http://moodybluesattitude.yuku.....YQDY2d9mUQ
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another press release.... I think.... UK

Another Justin press release

http://www.theenquirer.co.uk/i.....aven-tour/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 5, 2017
1:01 am
leslee

I've been inundated; too. I'm just coming up for air.

Does it say "Detroit Tigres" on Justin's T-shirt in the Simon Mayo photo?

I missed the unintentional slight about noise.

I'm brain-dead.

August 5, 2017
12:19 pm
lunazure

Yea Detroit Tigers, and a stylized graphic of a tiger. Get out a magnifying glass. Very clear.

A new interview in NewZed

https://archive.org/details/20170806JustinIntvOnSundayMorningRNZRadioNewZealand

August 29, 2017
1:26 pm
magicalbluetail
Forum Posts: 63

leslee said

Too little to do. This week: Research and compile 30 pages of briefs, attend county commissioners' meeting and write two articles, hang out here at work fifteen hours a day doing the normal job and covering for the housekeeper whilst she's on vacation, and getting the guts to ... (See below.) Why do I never find the time to practice piano or write music or paint or study physics anymore? I'm so lazy.

Laugh
been there, done it, feel your frustration heavily....
hope you are doing alright Leslie, wherever you be.Smile

February 6, 2018
12:43 am
leslee

My deadline crunch is almost over, so I don't mind if you load me up with homework, now.

May 18, 2018
12:25 am
lunazure

I miss you too, MBT where ever you are. And Lady Blue too. And Blue Jay. The bots have driven off a lot of nice people, and so did the toxic snipes.... now this place is just a wasteland.....

May 18, 2018
7:36 am
leslee

Point well taken. I will work on my toxicity. Sometimes, covered in deadlines, I find myself unable to focus on what is most important and only stress over doing what it takes to get the job done. I should take a break from here and only post when the spirit moves me. It will be best for everybody.

I do enjoy constructive criticism.

May 18, 2018
11:53 pm
lunazure

I was not referring to you, leslee.

May 19, 2018
10:29 am
leslee

It applied, nonetheless. I want to be serene, like Justin.

July 22, 2018
4:18 am
maitrishah1
Forum Posts: 253

thanx for sharing this post i have read lot of time this topic http://freegiftcardgenrator.com

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0