Widget ImageJustin Solo Concert in Tucson, AZ | Justin | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Justin Solo Concert in Tucson, AZ
February 14, 2014
5:10 pm
doe.tett
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I just purchased tickets to see Justin at the Historical FOX Theatre in tucson, AZ on May 31st. A lot of tickets were purchased by "FOX" members, but we did get
really good seats. The tickets went on sale to the public at noon today , We were the first in line at the theatre (and surprisingly the only ones) ! This is the
best Valentine's gift I ever received! CAN'T WAIT!!14

February 14, 2014
6:42 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

My travel plans are too uncertain to know if Tucson is in my forecast. But I'm happy for you, I don't think the Moodies go to Tucson very often. I always liked the place.

February 15, 2014
11:51 am
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

Yeah. Justin in Arizona. If only I could get some of those cobalt blue flutes for glasses, I'd be higher than a kite.

February 15, 2014
12:17 pm
lunazure

Fluted glasses............. yes

In the desert sun, no one can hear you scream!!!! :)

Must go check the map and see how far Tucson is off the path.

February 15, 2014
9:42 pm
leslee

I got lost on the way the last time. I was headed up for Show Low, and I was mesmerized. Yes, I was capturevated by the scenery. I'd love to drive every highway in that state.

February 15, 2014
9:47 pm
leslee

lunazure said

Fluted glasses............. yes

I meant, I would look through the cobalt blue flutes at Justin in Arizona.

lunazure said In the desert sun, no one can hear you scream!!!! .

That's because in the desert sun, I am as happy as a clam.

February 15, 2014
10:33 pm
lunazure

Really! you should move there. It's a rather nice place, I just don't like heat. I do love the desert tho. Maybe some day I'll move down there and teach, then come home for the summer to the PacNW

February 16, 2014
8:10 pm
leslee

It's so dreadfully away from all but a few Moodies concerts. Otherwise, I probably would have moved there long ago. I've been living in mildew country so long, I might dry out if I tried it, now. Besides, my sister says the water table is too exploited already. It doesn't need another person taking.

February 17, 2014
9:09 am
lunazure

During monsoon season, they could probably water a small country with the amount dumped on the bare desert.... Sheesh.... roads wash out and all the above. People complain about water tables everywhere..... even here where it rains a LOT. It's cities that decimate water tables, and over development. People should spread out more.

February 17, 2014
10:00 am
leslee

Do I hear seeds of an anti-urban-planning revolution? Imagine! Another generation of control freaks, wrong again.

February 17, 2014
2:13 pm
lunazure

You betcha......... Frank Lloyd Wright said cities were dinosaurs, and I agree. However, people may live where they wish. Oddly I was dreaming of being stuck in a very urban setting last night, and the rats had bred out of control............ they do that in inner cities......... I live in a nice commuter community, always have.... you can get to things, but still live pleasantly.

February 17, 2014
3:59 pm
leslee

I want to live in the burbs and ride a big, licensed rat on the greenway to and from work. What were we talking about?

February 18, 2014
1:08 am
lunazure

I'm trying to wrap my mind around a saddle on a capybara.... I've had many pet rats over the years, but these were very unpleasant urban wild rats. Probably I heard something running over the roof in my sleep, we have all sorts of varmints here.

So you wanna go see some architecture in Arizona? Bring boots. My brother was very pessimistic about snakes and scorpions, he has to build buildings and roads in that stuff. He needs to move out of that place. We both have really bad skin. Should be nice shirt sleeve weather, then I can head back for the coast.

February 18, 2014
9:37 am
leslee

I imagined I would just hug the rat's neck like they do in children's books.

On boots: Which pair?
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Aphrodite-Black-Leather-Lace-Thigh-Boots-from-Purrfect-10/3079337?id=3079337&slug=Aphrodite-Black-Leather-Lace-Thigh-Boots-from-Purrfect-10

On desert fauna:
I like Mattie, Klaus, and Rudy; and I like to sing along with David Coverdale. "Fool for Your Lovin'" is an all-time favorite. I like the guitars, and it has a nice swing.

On the sun:
Bring it on.

February 18, 2014
11:07 am
lunazure

Well still uncertain of bunking arrangements (my brother says he'll probably be up in Flagstaff in his trailer, I said that didn't I???) we'll figure out something.........

Over on TER one of them put up a rather nice travelog suggestion.... while I've had my share of adventures in the Arizona outback (which would bore most here) thought I'd put this link up to check out

http://travellingeternityroad......wN0NoWANdc

whatever you do DON'T take the "back road" to the east of Phoenix. In Arizona "short cuts make long delays" as Tolkien put it. Their back roads are often mud, or washed out. California is much different; I had to learn my lesson the hard way after seeing Justin in Phoenix for that Border's show in the 90s, then trying to get to Dallas over night. Oh dear, it was ugly. Strider held up nicely tho. Basically stay on the main roads going cross country. Unless you're a glutton for punishment.

Large rat? Forget it, I'd want an Imperial Walker. The rats in the Sonora have really big ears, and I dreamed about them AGAIN last night. What is this with the rats showing up in my dreams???? bbblblblbblb

Pale pastie haole that I am, I will pass on the sun. But it WAS nice yesterday in a pale watery way. People were smiling and out walking their dogs.

February 19, 2014
12:32 pm
leslee

I recall that Moodies UK tour in March when spring came early. Daffodils abounded, and people were putting them in their lapels and stuff. It was a happy celebration.

February 19, 2014
12:33 pm
leslee

Getting lost in Arizona . . . Don't tempt me.

February 21, 2014
9:12 pm
lunazure

Indeed St. David's Day is almost upon us.

I have some "natural features" staked out I maybe want to see in Arizona, but not sure I want to take the time. Sometimes you're drive for hours over dusty roads, just to see a bit pretty rock.... lots of that in Arizona.

If anything I'd be looking for work, maybe out on the Rez or something. Indians I can get along with, and I can handle rudimentary Spanish should the cartels capture me. It's the mean white drug smugglers I can't deal with.

February 22, 2014
8:38 am
leslee

I love the desert sky, so conducive to clarity of thought. I love the warmth of the sun.

Yes, there are dusty places. Yuma didn't do much for me, but I think it is one of the sunniest places in the US. But then there is the technicolor of Oak Creek Canyon right after a rain, the amazing contrast of chocolate-brown rock and the sky in the northwest corner, the palms and bougainvillea of Phoenix, the huge roadside mountains on the eastern side of the state, the beautiful purple mountains off in the horizon, knock-out sunsets, the starkness of Lake Mead, blessed Holbrook, . . . Unfortunately, I never get the time to see it all, as I'm just passing through.

I'd much rather go on a Moodies raft trip down the Grand Canyon than a cruise. They could have a concert on one of the beaches down there - unplugged. No wait, they might strike the resonant frequency of something big. Otay. Bad idea.

February 22, 2014
1:09 pm
lunazure

But it IS a lovely thought. They'd only have to dodge rattlesnakes under the amplifiers.

I'm putting together my FL Wright itinerary too, and thinking about my childish memories of some of those sites. It was very very dusty and dirty at Taliesin West when we were there. I don't know how those hippy architects stayed with the Old Man as long as they did. Dust was hanging in the canvas panels he was using to block the sun. Dusty drafting tables. Open air. Ugh. I still can't find the Ocatillo Camp. Spent a long time squinting at Google Earth last night, in the Chandler area.

I still don't know what Brother's plans are, so I don't know exactly where I'll be in Arizona, but for sure I'm doing Tucson and Scottsdale. And LA and some of the Bay Area. Let me know when you will be there, we'll make it happen.

Yep. Something about the western sunset in those places that is heavenly.........

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2659

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

larapeter, nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0