Widget ImageJustin's Q/A Dec 30, 2013 | Justin | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Justin's Q/A Dec 30, 2013
December 30, 2013
7:13 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Before we wander off on another thread, let's put it here.... this in response to Question #19

This is very pretty. Very French too. Don't know why it won't embed

The commentator mentions the Ram Jam band, they were contemporaries of the Moodies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....3bTmq72olg

"There's no one home to go to" was done by the Mark I Moodies I think. It's a flip side to one of these singles.

This second one is rather nice funk. Thanks for the nice turn on, Justin, these are new!!! :)

I would very much have liked to change the lead line for this.... but it seems Justin is REALLY making tracks today... he also posted a nice letter, one of the most lovely he's ever done. I love birdsong too, very much.... many of you would be stunned by the myriads of song sparrows we have in the Pacific Northwest. I live in a rural remote area for a reason. No singing right now tho, they're all out there eating bird seed, and getting nice and fat so they can stay warm. When the Moodies used to do the Gorge, there were also a LOT of skylarks out there (I think that's what they were) and it was really special to just lay around the campground and listen to Moody rehearsals in the distance... interlaced with skylark song.

Thank you, great letter Justin.

http://www.justinhayward.com/good-king/

December 30, 2013
9:05 pm
lunazure

I wonder if he was in Barkley Square??? Wink

December 31, 2013
12:32 am
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

I knew I was going to be happy today. I always love his letters. In both posts he mentioned doors to imagination. How am I to take it when my imaginary friend opens imaginary doors? It sounds like hyperspace, and I'm too sleep-deprived to sort it out just now, and it's a long night ahead.

I dug how he learned that les is more sounds like the words to a song. I knew it was all about MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! But wait! He titled his thing after that Libertarian author's book, and he talked about birds and nature, so it's all about luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuna!

The saddest part was finding Justin and I are incompatible >SOB!< He has to keep feta cheese in the fridge, but with me there's no keeping it. Ask my friend Maggie. I can make the biggest tub of feta disappear oh, so fast. In fact, when I moved, Maggie gave me a tub of my very own feta as a going away present. I guess I could give it up if I had to. I'll send her a link to crack her up.

My favorite Q&A was #23. That was sweet. I didn't quite follow all the Tim & Tom & TA stuff.

The commentary on the mirror reminded me of something not worth repeating.

Well, now that I know his songs are about a lot of experiences, I must modify my former statement to regrets about HER! HER! HER! & HER!

Me happy from the nice communiques, even if they're not about MEEEEEEEEEEE!

December 31, 2013
1:35 pm
lunazure

Doggone it, it's spelled Berkeley Square (and no edit option) ..... sigh, two peoples mis-speaking the same language..... maybe one day I'll get to London and get to see the place....

ANY cheese is in danger around me......... nibbling after hours is SO good (especially on New Year's).... Greek yoghurt I gotta pass on, I prefer the regular type. In fact, I'm off to make a breakfast smoothie pretty soon, with it..........

Our homeward step was just as light
As the dancing feet of astaire,
And like an echo far away
A nightingale sang in Berkeley Square.

Generally night birds sing at night, but you never know, especially if the poor thing is lost and confused in the city lights. And I suspect Justin knows a nightingale song from a skylark. Wink

Wouldn't it be lovely to skylark with Justin through Berkeley Square? looking for doors of imagination under nooks and crannies in the bushes? Did that come out right?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
you know what else I really liked was his comment about sending his songs out into the world (they're on their own).... I'm just getting ready to sell a sweater I knit LONG ago, on consignment (I hate it when that happens, you work on something then don't like it once you're done), and was thinking about that.... I've made a lot of knitted goods, and they're all out there somewhere. One day where I worked in Portland, this little old lady walked in, wearing one of my vests!!!! I know it was mine, because of the way I finished the sleeves.... it was cabled, red, rather nice. I'd given it to my Mom, but she was nuts and sold a lot of things at garage sales when I wasn't looking. Anyway it was rather exciting to see an old friend like that (you spend a long time on knitted items sometimes, and they are like children) she said it was very warm and she liked it very much! Couldn't ask for more than that.

December 31, 2013
4:28 pm
leslee

I can dig it. It was nice seeing a lady whose family had lost everything in a fire wearing a couple skirts I had made (not at the same time).

I also liked how nobody in the group drinks coffee. Maybe that is why they don't go crazy and play a lot of fast anything and think it's music.

December 31, 2013
11:11 pm
lunazure

:) yes, alas coffee seems a thing of the past for many of us.

I found that "murmeration" thing with starlings a few months back, I suspect it makes the rounds on the Internet, but that's right, some of the videos are made in the UK, specifically in the Oxford area and west country, so it must be something Justin is quite familiar with. Weren't we talking about math and chaos theory with it?

I went to youtube and did "starlings flocking" and got quite a few videos. It IS quite amazing. I remember some of it in California as a child too, but not in these huge numbers. Fish do it too, in Diego Garcia I saw some fascinating surf fish doing it. I'm not sure what it's called in behavioral sciences, but I've also heard a term "the chorus girl effect" used.

January 1, 2014
11:17 am
leslee

Thinking of birds reminds me of the Cheep Cheep tragedy. Keep it lovely, guys.

January 6, 2014
11:41 pm
lunazure
July 22, 2018
4:46 am
maitrishah1
Forum Posts: 253

thanx for sharing this post i have read lot of time this topic free gift code generator

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0