Widget ImageFor sure cruises for 2019 | News and Info | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
For sure cruises for 2019
March 4, 2018
1:39 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'll be updating today, but be aware that John and Justin will be doing two different solo cruises.... with their friends of course. On the Blue will be with Justin and Friends, and CTTE will be with John Lodge 10,000 light years ago band (with Gordy Marshall I really hope!)

OK here is the update.

~~Justin solo show~~

https://www.facebook.com/OnTheBlueCruise/

Feb 10-15 (will be a Valentine's Day cruise, how very Justin!) It's only going to Nassau and to some private island where you can snorkel or get out and sun bath on the beach. Or scamper behind the bushes with your good friends and get more intimate. (LOL been there done that long long ago.... ) Alan Parsons and Al Stewart, as well as Procol Harum will be on this one

~~John solo show~~

https://www.facebook.com/cruisetotheedge

Feb 4-9 (John has not announced destinations or line up yet, but I've heard Key West is on the list, and possibly Cozumel, Yucatan again) Probably you can expect the same line ups as in the past for CTTE, they are pretty well established.

You might also try their websites, Johnlodge.com and justinhayward.com Things seem very much in the planning stages.

Right now I am strongly thinking of NOT going on either one. OTB sounds like it will be more mellow, and CTTE will be more head banging. (???) I may save my money for a trip to Galapagoes and Maccu Picu, or a land cruise to follow either solo band. Sorta "been there done that" with the Caribbean. Had a great time both times, very few ruffles/flurries (there were some) and at times, I think the further I get from the Moody fan club, the happier I might be. My pocketbook too.

March 4, 2018
6:14 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

That's all good news. At first, I thought they would be on smaller boats without all the other bands. I would very much like to go on Justin's cruise, but I won't be buying a ticket anytime soon.

Surely you jest. There is no such thing as too much tropics. There is no such thing as too much Justin. There is such a thing as fear of boats and fear of parties, but I will have to get over that.

March 4, 2018
10:42 pm
leslee

But you seem down, Bunkie. Doesn't everybody want to go?

March 4, 2018
11:02 pm
lunazure

Well, the cruises are for people who 1) want lots of rock and roll (not lots of Justin) and 2) those who want endless food they don't have to cook or clean up after themselves and 3) lots of other people to talk to and to be seen (ie super social people)

This last cruise had a trip to Cozumel (top interest) then the Moodies, and Al Stewart, so I pretty much liked it... now it's all split up. It's a lot of money to lay down. I'd rather budget my money to go to land based shows.

I wish you would get brave and go on a ship, I think you'd enjoy it leslee. It's ok if not of course. The destinations are often very lovely yes. And warm. Naw I'm not down, just pensive, there's a difference.

March 5, 2018
2:05 pm
leslee

If I set my heart to it, I could cobble together the hit to beat all hits and post it to YouTube where it would go viral, and then I could demand celebrity isolation on a cruise. But I prefer to sit here editing stuff for no pay.

March 5, 2018
8:37 pm
lunazure

Hmmm I'm thinking of going now. Justin's cruise prices just came up... looking at $1100 for double interior cabin. That's before taxes and gratuities. They really do have a nice line up. If YOU want to go leslee, we could go for a triple, but you have to make up your mind tonight... I'm buying tomorrow. Unless I decide otherwise in the next few hours.

http://onthebluecruise.com/pricing/

March 5, 2018
11:55 pm
leslee

I definitely want to go, but I have no money for several weeks. Things are going to get funky. My boss wants to go out of town again. The last time he did, we were gone three weeks. He makes up his mind as he goes along. If I'm out of town 3 weeks, I won't get paid until I get back here. It's all roll with the punches for the meantime.

I don't get to go in on the ground floor for the cruise, as I am not an alumna.

March 6, 2018
2:19 am
leslee

I lied. They kindly included me as an alumna and even spelled my name correctly. It is so weird to see anybody do that. I had to sit and admire it.

March 7, 2018
7:14 pm
leslee

luna, luna,

I can do the cruise. Please email, phone, or post here if it's not to late to accept your offer.

Thanks.

March 7, 2018
7:26 pm
lunazure

I let go of it all........... it was too much stress, and too little reward.... I'm not doing either one. Save your money, there will be more touring in the Fall if not before I suspect. I don't know what the initial "down" would be.... I could put you in touch with my friend Jackie, she might be looking for cabin mates.

She said the total would wind up being $1500 APIECE. I know they make smaller payments over the year...

I don't know what is wrong with my phone service.... other people try to call me, I have the phone with me all day, and it never comes through, I just get a VM. I should get another service I guess.

March 7, 2018
7:48 pm
leslee

Sure. Can you please shoot me an email with contact information or relay my contact info to her?

So little in life is ever straightforward, is it?

Thanks!

March 7, 2018
7:49 pm
lunazure

will send over your phone to her, she will be in contact. Unless you'd rather do email. I'm uncertain of your email. You can send one to me at josiec5150@gmail.com, will forward, can't promise anything she lives in Europe.

March 7, 2018
8:07 pm
leslee

You can fly roundtrip Seattle-Atlanta for $137 this week. You could do better in future. I could pick you up on the way down and undo the favor on the way back. You seem put off, though.

Something to lighten your mood?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sogYgHlNnqo

March 7, 2018
8:09 pm
leslee

I sent one already, to that addie and another with the 5150. I'm gra********che@yahoo.com

March 7, 2018
8:11 pm
leslee

Oh, and thanks lots.

March 7, 2018
8:55 pm
lunazure

Got your email.... will send along! I'm ferreting out a recipe for corned beef. My mind is just elsewhere right now. I'm still very fond of the Moodies, but it's not what it was represented as.... still love the music though. Just not a cruiser. I really dislike flying as well, REALLY don't like it. My flight OUT of Seattle last December was very very scary. Thankfully we had a very good pilot and the angels were kind to us, but they threw a lot of sparkly ice crystals into the anti-collision lights, while we climbed through the clouds. You're lucky, you just curl up and sleep. I envy you. I leave fingerprints on the seats.

March 7, 2018
9:14 pm
leslee

As the only person I know who curls up on airplanes to sleep - how did you know?

March 8, 2018
7:48 pm
leslee

Hu-boy.

March 8, 2018
8:27 pm
lunazure

It's the only way you can do all these shows. I am a nervous wreck when I have to do planes. I've been known to curl up and sleep UNDER planes.... the flight line is remarkably cozy late at night with just those nice big birds sitting there. Pretty machines, until they leave the ground, then YIIIIKKKE!!!

If you really want to go you need to get on Facebook, there are all sorts of folks on there looking for cabin mates. Gosh get a fake name or something.

March 8, 2018
8:54 pm
leslee

Really? I was searching all over the Google. I is-pose I don't know how to use the Facebook. Excuse me while I look.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2660

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

pavloviktorko, larapeter, nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0